The Missing Mouse

seadoggie01

So I came to work today with a bit of an issue... I forgot to bring my mouse. I have a laptop as my secondary computer, but the desktop has some legacy applications I need to use everyday. The legacy apps don't have keyboard shortcuts, and navigation without a mouse could be impossible (trust me, I've tried). So I got busy and put together this script.

The script includes basic mouse movement, clicking, and a text editing mode (mouse movement is disabled). I threw it together quickly, and haven't done too much testing, but it is SUPER helpful already. Let me know if anyone is interested, and I'll keep this updated and/or add features as requested :)

I hope to implement a Tray menu with a GUI and some directions later (Like what keyboard shortcuts do), but what I have works for now.

Shortcut List: 

•                        Arrow Key - move the mouse in the indicated direction 30 pixels
  •             Ctrl + Arrow Key - move the mouse in the indicated direction 100 pixels
  • Ctrl + Shift + Arrow Key - move the mouse in the indicated direction 3 pixels
  •                     Ctrl + Space - Left click
  •         Ctrl + Shift + Space - Right click (because sometimes that special right-click-button doesn't work)
  •                             Alt + F8 - Toggle mouse movement for text editing / other
  •                             Alt + F9 - Quit

(Version 1.0.0.0 source and executable attached)

Edit: A coworker told me we have spare mice... now don't I feel stupid :D

KeyboardMouse.au3 KeyboardMouse.exe

Edited by seadoggie01

All my code provided is Public Domain... but it may not work. ;) Use it, change it, break it, whatever you want.

Spoiler

My Humble Contributions:
Personal Function Documentation - A personal HelpFile for your functions
Acro.au3 UDF - Automating Acrobat Pro
ToDo Finder - Find #ToDo: lines in your scripts
UI-SimpleWrappers UDF - Use UI Automation more Simply-er
KeePass UDF - Automate KeePass, a password manager
InputBoxes - Simple Input boxes for various variable types

<snip> wrong section

Edited by BrewManNH

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

1 minute ago, BrewManNH said:

Nothing against your script, good implementionof this

I'm not quite sure what that means... I think it's a compliment? So... thanks! :D

All my code provided is Public Domain... but it may not work. ;) Use it, change it, break it, whatever you want.

Spoiler

My Humble Contributions:

1 hour ago, argumentum said:

Oh. Well, isn't that convenient. Guess I'll google my issue next time.

(Thank you though, I try)

Spoiler

My Humble Contributions: