Send() Issue - (Locked)

I have a problem with using Send() in my function.

I want to create simple move function with 3 variables:

- Direction

- How many times the key will be pressed

- How much timeout will be between each click

I can't figure out how I'm supposed to merge string with a variable inside Send(). Tried different syntax few times but I run out of ideas. I also couldn't find a clue inside documentation of Send function.(not telling that there isn't). Here's how it looked in my last try to give you some insight what I have in mind.

Thank you in advance for any advices.

luj.png

• Moderators

@Vient What exactly are you trying to accomplish with your script? You are learning how unreliable Send can be; there is probably a better way to do what you're after.

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

• Moderators

That is the point of my question, without more detail as to what you are trying to accomplish with your clicking keys, it is difficult to provide suggestions. See my signature for how to ask good questions on the forum; in essence, the more detail you can provide about the app you're working with, what you're trying to do, what triggers your script, etc., the better we can assist.

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

Sorry for not understanding your question earlier.

I started learning AutoIT today, so I didn't have anything specific in mind. I tested it on browser game where you had to get from point A to B and step on as many boxes as you can. I just wanted to make predefined path and see how the script goes thorugh the lvls. When you click too fast in chrome it takes only one input. With key down and up I partly solved this problem. It's working much faster. I could just write it in code with Send() as many times as it's needed to be repeated but that doesn't make sense. That's why I need a way to make a function that I described above. You said that Send() is unreliable but is there any better alternative? 

• Developers

Welcome to the AutoIt forum.

Unfortunately you appear to have missed the Forum rules on your way in. Please read them now - particularly the bit about not discussing game automation - and then you will understand why you will get no help and this thread will now be locked.

See you soon with a legitimate question I hope.

The Moderation team

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)