Find all autoit scripts inside a folder and compile them

Hi,

I have multiple autoit scripts stored inside my C:\ I would like to create a script that finds all the *.au3 scripts inside C:\ and subfolders and then somehow compile them to .exe

Can someone help me create such a script?

one method i thought of doing was running Powershell

Get-ChildItem -Recurse -ErrorAction SilentlyContinue -Path C:\U_C | Select-Object FullName | ft -AutoSize | out-string -Width 600 *> C:\U_A\U_W\C_NonFiledFiles\U_Temp\AllAutoItScriptPath.txt

How do i make AutoIT read that file using FileOpen or FileRead or FileReadLine functions, when there maybe 1 line or more than 20 lines, currently there are 15 and some of them are blank spaces for some reason, so i need a way to tell autoit if the path in the text file ends in .au3 to only copy that line.

Once that is done i think the next part is much simpler to just run the autoit command line interface C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\Aut2Exe\Aut2exe_x64.exe /in [Path of the script]

Edited by AasimPathan

• Moderators

AasimPathan,

Use _FileListToArrayRec to get the list of specified files into an array - makes it much simpler to deal with the listing later on in your script.

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

28 minutes ago, Melba23 said:

AasimPathan,

Use _FileListToArrayRec to get the list of specified files into an array - makes it much simpler to deal with the listing later on in your script.

M23

Yeah that is what i tried as well but couldn't get it to work

#include <Array.au3>
#include <File.au3>
#include <MsgBoxConstants.au3>

Test()

Func Test()
    Local $RootDirectory = "C:\U_C"
    Local $RootOfU_C = StringLeft($RootDirectory, StringInStr($RootDirectory, "\", Default, -1))
    If StringRight($RootOfU_C, 5) = "beta\" Then
        $RootOfU_C = StringTrimRight($RootOfU_C, 5)
    EndIf
    ConsoleWrite($RootOfU_C & @CRLF)
    $aArray = _FileListToArrayRec($RootOfU_C, "*.au3", $FLTAR_FILES)
    _ArrayDisplay($aArray, ".AU3 Files")
EndFunc

The Output is C:\

Edited by AasimPathan

• Moderators

AasimPathan,

You have not set the $iRecur parameter - which defaults to $FLTAR_NORECUR.

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Spoiler

ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes

19 minutes ago, Melba23 said:

AasimPathan,

You have not set the $iRecur parameter - which defaults to $FLTAR_NORECUR.

M23

Ok that worked, so now that i have the file list displayed how do I copy them to be placed in compile. Remember that his list will either increase or decrease over time. so it needs to work regardless of the number of Rows. Also I don't see the entire path here? it starts from the folder instead of C:\U_C\

image.thumb.png.1fbeb174e89160861c904c66c2ab3de8.png

Edited by AasimPathan

• Moderators

AasimPathan,

Dog eaten your help file? Check the $iReturnPath parameter to the function which adjusts what is returned.

As you get a count in the [0] element of the array, you have a ready-made value to use in a loop regardless of the number of elements. And you do not need to "copy" the elements, you can just pass the elements to the compile command within that loop.

M23

Spoiler

19 minutes ago, Melba23 said:

AasimPathan,

Dog eaten your help file? Check the $iReturnPath parameter to the function which adjusts what is returned.

As you get a count in the [0] element of the array, you have a ready-made value to use in a loop regardless of the number of elements. And you do not need to "copy" the elements, you can just pass the elements to the compile command within that loop.

M23

Got the $iReturnPath working. Now how do I use the _ArrayDisplay to copy each of the rows in the 2nd Column, paste it in the another function in the same file that will compile the exe?

If there are examples, i can work from that but just saying stuff doesn't make any sense to me. Sorry :'( 

• Moderators

AasimPathan,

You do not need to copy anything - the array is internal to the script and so you can loop through it directly. Here is some pseudo-code to show what I mean:

Test()

Func Test()
    ; Get the array of files to compile
    $aArray = _FileListToArrayRec("your parameters here")
    ; Now loop through them
    For $aArray[0] To UBound($aArray) - 1 ; 
        ; Code to compile each element - use $aArray[$i] to get the specific file
    Next
EndFunc

M23

Spoiler

This is as far as i got, didn't work :(

#include <AutoItConstants.au3>
#include <Array.au3>
#include <Crypt.au3>
#include <File.au3>
#include <FileConstants.au3>
#include <Misc.au3>
#include <StringConstants.au3>
#include <WinAPIFiles.au3>
;#RequireAdmin
Opt("MustDeclareVars", 1)

#Region "Fields"
   Global $M_V_Scalar_Object_DebuggingModeIsOn = 1
   ;Global $M_V_Scalar_Object_Powershell = "C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\powershell.exe"
   Global $M_V_Scalar_Object_AutoItCompilerPath = "C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\Aut2Exe"
   Global $M_V_Scalar_Object_CodeRootDirectory = "C:\U_C\"
   Global $M_V_Scalar_Object_AutoItCompiledRootDirectory = "A:\U_A\U_W\U_Dpts\U_IT\U_Soft"
   Global $M_V_Scalar_Object_CompileAu3ToExe = "C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\Aut2Exe\Aut2exe_x64.exe"
#EndRegion

#Region "Methods"
   M_S_Main()
      Func M_S_Main()
         Local $L_V_Scalar_Object_SearchRootDirectory = StringLeft($M_V_Scalar_Object_CodeRootDirectory, StringInStr($M_V_Scalar_Object_CodeRootDirectory, "\", Default, -1))
             If StringRight($L_V_Scalar_Object_SearchRootDirectory, 5) = "beta\" Then
                 $L_V_Scalar_Object_SearchRootDirectory = StringTrimRight($L_V_Scalar_Object_SearchRootDirectory, 5)
             EndIf
         Local $L_V_Scalar_Object_Array = _FileListToArrayRec($L_V_Scalar_Object_SearchRootDirectory, "*.au3", $FLTAR_FILES, $FLTAR_RECUR, $FLTAR_NOSORT, $FLTAR_FULLPATH)
            For $L_V_Scalar_Object_Array[0] To UBound($L_V_Scalar_Object_Array) -1
               Run($M_V_Scalar_Object_CompileAu3ToExe & "/in" & $L_V_Scalar_Object_Array)
            Next
      EndFunc
#EndRegion

Edited by AasimPathan

@AasimPathan

$L_V_Scalar_Object_Array is an array (you'd never said that?), so you have to use square brackets with an index in order to access to the array elements.

In your case, you are not using the array correctly, because you are using the first element of the array as index, and you never use it in the For.

Maybe a little read about arrays before digging in your script?

Edited by FrancescoDiMuro

Click here to see my signature:

Spoiler

ALWAYS GOOD TO READ:

14 minutes ago, FrancescoDiMuro said:

@AasimPathan

$L_V_Scalar_Object_Array is an array (you'd never said that?), so you have to use square brackets with an index in order to access to the array elements.

In your case, you are not using the array correctly, because you are using the first element of the array as index, and you never use it in the For.

Maybe a little read about arrays before digging in your script?

Can you help me differentiate between the two?

Test()

Func Test()
   $aArray = _FileListToArrayRec("your parameters here")
   For $aArray[0] To UBound($aArray) - 1
   Next
EndFunc
Test()

Func Test()
  Local $L_V_Scalar_Object_Array = _FileListToArrayRec($L_V_Scalar_Object_SearchRootDirectory, "*.au3", $FLTAR_FILES, $FLTAR_RECUR, $FLTAR_NOSORT, $FLTAR_FULLPATH)
  For $L_V_Scalar_Object_Array[0] To UBound($L_V_Scalar_Object_Array) -1
    ;Run($M_V_Scalar_Object_CompileAu3ToExe & "/in" & $L_V_Scalar_Object_Array)
  Next
EndFunc

@AasimPathan

Both of the scripts use the number of files as index, which is returned in the first (0th) element of the array.

You should use something like:

; $intIndex starts from 1 because the function _FileListToArray(Rec) returns the number of the files found in the first element of the array (element 0)
For $intIndex = 1 To $arrArray[0] Step 1
    ConsoleWrite("File " & $arrArray[$intIndex] & @CRLF)
Next

Index is the "cursor" of the array thanks to which you can loop through the array.

You can find more about arrays in this topic :)

Edited by FrancescoDiMuro

Spoiler

ALWAYS GOOD TO READ:

On 4/26/2019 at 8:06 PM, FrancescoDiMuro said:

@AasimPathan

Both of the scripts use the number of files as index, which is returned in the first (0th) element of the array.

You should use something like:

; $intIndex starts from 1 because the function _FileListToArray(Rec) returns the number of the files found in the first element of the array (element 0)
For $intIndex = 1 To $arrArray[0] Step 1
    ConsoleWrite("File " & $arrArray[$intIndex] & @CRLF)
Next

Index is the "cursor" of the array thanks to which you can loop through the array.

You can find more about arrays in this topic :)

This just pastes everything into the Console, which i guess is the intended function but how do I copy or extract each field from that into another code.

image.thumb.png.58458912b8d85f4e3d9d20e68bf20f99.png

Update: Fixed it, Will add the final code soon.

Edited by AasimPathan

17 hours ago, FrancescoDiMuro said:

Where, exactly? What do you have to do with those paths?

Well the end game was to Compile all AU3 scripts to EXE's so the ConsoleWrite command needs to be output to Powershell or CMD.

Below code is what I came up with, Thanks to all of you who responded.But its still not complete. I now want to copy the Compiled files to a folder path and i am unable to get that to work.

;<Comment Type='LastReview' Contact='PathA00' Date='2019-05-01'\>
;This script will compile all AutoIt Sripts with extention .au3 in C:\U_C folder and copy them to A:\U_A\U_W\U_Dpts\U_IT\U_Soft
;#[8:HowRK00: Test with me this scrip is now complete]

#include <AutoItConstants.au3>
#include <Array.au3>
#include <Crypt.au3>
#include <File.au3>
#include <FileConstants.au3>
#include <Misc.au3>
#include <StringConstants.au3>
#include <WinAPIFiles.au3>
#RequireAdmin
Opt("MustDeclareVars", 1)

#Region "Bayonet - Fields"
    Global $M_V_Scalar_Object_DebuggingModeIsOn = 1
    Global $M_V_Scalar_Object_Powershell = "C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\powershell.exe"
    Global $M_V_Scalar_Object_CodeRootDirectory = "C:\U_C\"
    Global $M_V_Scalar_Object_AutoItCompiledRootDirectory = "A:\U_A\U_W\U_Dpts\U_IT\U_Soft\"
    Global $M_V_Scalar_Object_Array = ""
    Global $M_V_Scalar_Object_ArrayToInteger = ""
    Run($M_V_Scalar_Object_Powershell, "C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\Aut2Exe")
#EndRegion

#Region "Bayonet - Methods"
    M_S_Main()
        Func M_S_Main()
            Local $L_V_Scalar_Object_SearchRootDirectory = StringLeft($M_V_Scalar_Object_CodeRootDirectory, StringInStr($M_V_Scalar_Object_CodeRootDirectory, "\", Default, -1))
                $L_V_Scalar_Object_SearchRootDirectory = StringTrimRight($L_V_Scalar_Object_SearchRootDirectory, 5)
            EndIf
            $M_V_Scalar_Object_Array = _FileListToArrayRec($L_V_Scalar_Object_SearchRootDirectory, "*.au3", $FLTAR_FILES, $FLTAR_RECUR, $FLTAR_NOSORT, $FLTAR_FULLPATH)
            If $M_V_Scalar_Object_DebuggingModeIsOn Then _ArrayDisplay($M_V_Scalar_Object_Array, "AutoIt Scripts")
            For $M_V_Scalar_Object_ArrayToInteger = 1 To $M_V_Scalar_Object_Array[0]
               ClipPut($M_V_Scalar_Object_Array[$M_V_Scalar_Object_ArrayToInteger]& @CRLF)
                   Sleep(1000)
               WinActivate("Administrator: Windows PowerShell")
                  Sleep(100)
               Send("attrib -r ")
               Send("^v")
                   Sleep(100)
               Send("{ENTER}")
                   Sleep(100)
               Send("{ENTER}")
                   Sleep(100)
               Send(".\Aut2exe_x64.exe /in ")
                   Sleep(100)
               Send("^v")
                   Sleep(100)
               Send("{ENTER}")
                   Sleep(2000)
               Send("attrib +r ", $SEND_RAW)
               Send("^v")
                   Sleep(100)
               Send("{ENTER}")
                   Sleep(2000)
            Next
             WinClose("Administrator: Windows PowerShell")
             M_S_ReleaseCompiledScripts()
          EndFunc
     Func M_S_ReleaseCompiledScripts()
            EndIf
            $M_V_Scalar_Object_Array = _FileListToArrayRec($L_V_Scalar_Object_SearchRootDirectory, "U_A_*.exe", $FLTAR_FILES, $FLTAR_RECUR, $FLTAR_NOSORT, $FLTAR_FULLPATH)
            If $M_V_Scalar_Object_DebuggingModeIsOn Then _ArrayDisplay($M_V_Scalar_Object_Array, "Executable Files")
               For $M_V_Scalar_Object_ArrayToInteger = 1 To $M_V_Scalar_Object_Array[0]
                  FileCopy($M_V_Scalar_Object_Array[$M_V_Scalar_Object_ArrayToInteger], $M_V_Scalar_Object_AutoItCompiledRootDirectory, $FC_OVERWRITE, $FC_CREATEPATH) ;this is not working for me, any ideas?
               Next
            EndFunc
#EndRegion

@AasimPathan
Change this line of code

FileCopy($M_V_Scalar_Object_Array[$M_V_Scalar_Object_ArrayToInteger], $M_V_Scalar_Object_AutoItCompiledRootDirectory, $FC_OVERWRITE, $FC_CREATEPATH)

to

FileCopy($M_V_Scalar_Object_Array[$M_V_Scalar_Object_ArrayToInteger], $M_V_Scalar_Object_AutoItCompiledRootDirectory, BitOr($FC_OVERWRITE, $FC_CREATEPATH))

:)

Spoiler

ALWAYS GOOD TO READ: