Browser automation

Hello everyone,

I wanted to see which option is the best for automating chrome. I know AutoIt is ideal when it comes to manipulating everything on a screen of a computer, though it is a complete language on it's own. On the other hand I found this https://realpython.com/modern-web-automation-with-python-and-selenium/ and was wondering if python can do the same. The reason for being undecided is that at the moment I think AutoIt might have a more broad use base when it comes to automating everything while python is a language on it's own that can be used for a lot of other things as well.

So what's best to automate chrome?

Thank you!

Seleinum uses the WebDriver interface for automation, it is the web standard for automation. Most popular browser support automation via this method, and @Danp2 has made an excellent UDF for just that!

You will find more information in that topic, good luck :)

EasyCodeIt - A cross-platform AutoIt implementation - Fund the development! (GitHub will double your donations for a limited time)

DcodingTheWeb Forum - Follow for updates and Join for discussion

Alternative option for chrome and some other browsers is UI Automation UDF

See https://www.autoitscript.com/wiki/FAQ number 31

I am aware of 3 ways of doing it with AutoIt

• chrome.udf but believe thats outdated
  • webdriver udf
  • UI Automation udf

I favor autoit over some other language solutions as you have farr less to install as prerequisite or even compile to just a single exe. 

Maybe with selenium 4 and new selenium ide around there can be other solutions (based on javascript or java or powershell)