AutoIT - vbs ControlClick()

I'm new to AutoIt and vbs. I'm trying to make a script that opens a program and clicks on a specific location. I already got that part that opens the program. Now, I am having issues with the ControlClick() funciton. Whenever I try to run it, it returns an error.

https://gyazo.com/ee85855846b81632cb67a0bec3f87eff

This is the function for the ControlClick

Call ControlClick ( "Canon IJ Scan Utility","","[CLASS:Button; Text:Auto; INSTANCE:1]" )

5 minutes ago, Exit said:

Just omit the "call "

Please show us your script

I've tried that. That's not the problem. 

Here is the full script.

Set objShell = WScript.CreateObject("WScript.Shell")

rv = objShell.Run(chr(34)&"C:\Program Files (x86)\Canon\IJ Scan Utility\SCANUTILITY.exe"&chr(34), 1 , False)
    If rv <> 0 Then
        MsgBox "Failed : " & rv
    End If
    WScript.Sleep 3000
    objShell.Run  "taskkill /f /im ""Mspaint.exe"" ",0,False

Set objShell = Nothing

Call MouseClick ( "Canon IJ Scan Utility","","[CLASS:Button; Text:Auto; INSTANCE:1]" )

• Moderators

@masusaca as mentioned, you're not going to get much in the way of VBScript help on an AutoIt forum. Please look at the AutoIt help file for Run, including the examples - much easier than VBS...

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

20 minutes ago, JLogan3o13 said:

@masusaca as mentioned, you're not going to get much in the way of VBScript help on an AutoIt forum. Please look at the AutoIt help file for Run, including the examples - much easier than VBS...

I'm sorry, I thought that the problem was probably due to AutoIT.

Some direction to get you started (fully in AutoIt no VBS needed)

https://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/docs/functions/Run.htm

Example()

Func Example()
    ; Run Notepad with the window maximized.
    Local $iPID = Run(chr(34)&"C:\Program Files (x86)\Canon\IJ Scan Utility\SCANUTILITY.exe"&chr(34), "", @SW_SHOWMAXIMIZED)

; Wait 10 seconds for the window to appear.
    WinWait("Canon IJ Scan Utility", "", 10)

; Wait for 2 seconds.
    Sleep(2000)

ControlClick ( "Canon IJ Scan Utility","","[CLASS:Button; Text:Auto; INSTANCE:1]" )
    ; Wait for 20 seconds.
    Sleep(20000)

; TODO: Whatever your needs are
    ; Close the process using the PID returned by Run.
    ProcessClose($iPID)
EndFunc   ;==>Example

For taskkill

https://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/docs/functions/ProcessList.htm

https://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/docs/functions/ProcessClose.htm

50 minutes ago, junkew said:

Some direction to get you started (fully in AutoIt no VBS needed)

https://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/docs/functions/Run.htm

Example()

Func Example()
    ; Run Notepad with the window maximized.
    Local $iPID = Run(chr(34)&"C:\Program Files (x86)\Canon\IJ Scan Utility\SCANUTILITY.exe"&chr(34), "", @SW_SHOWMAXIMIZED)

; Wait 10 seconds for the window to appear.
    WinWait("Canon IJ Scan Utility", "", 10)

; Wait for 2 seconds.
    Sleep(2000)

ControlClick ( "Canon IJ Scan Utility","","[CLASS:Button; Text:Auto; INSTANCE:1]" )
    ; Wait for 20 seconds.
    Sleep(20000)

; TODO: Whatever your needs are
    ; Close the process using the PID returned by Run.
    ProcessClose($iPID)
EndFunc   ;==>Example

For taskkill

https://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/docs/functions/ProcessList.htm

https://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/docs/functions/ProcessClose.htm

It wouldn't work because I need the vb script so another software execute it. Anyways, thank you for the help.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, masusaca said:

It wouldn't work because I need the vb script so another software execute it. Anyways, thank you for the help.

Good luck, but realize there is nothing vbscript can do that AutoIt cannot. You are just making things more complicated for yourself mixing languages.

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

1 minute ago, JLogan3o13 said:

Good luck, but realize there is nothing vbscript can do that AutoIt cannot. You are just making things more complicated for yourself mixing languages.

Yes, that's what I noticed now. I'm trying to understand how can I convert those codes to AutoIT. It gives me error whenever I try to run them..

• Moderators

Again, vbscript to AutoIt is not a difficult transition:

Set objShell = WScript.CreateObject("WScript.Shell") ;Not needed

rv = objShell.Run(chr(34)&"C:\Program Files (x86)\Canon\IJ Scan Utility\SCANUTILITY.exe"&chr(34), 1 , False) ;Read the help file under Run or RunWait
    If rv <> 0 Then
        MsgBox "Failed : " & rv ;Read the help file under Run or Runwait to view the return codes they supply
    End If

WScript.Sleep 3000 ;Read the help file under Sleep

objShell.Run  "taskkill /f /im ""Mspaint.exe"" ",0,False ;Read the help file under ProcessClose

Set objShell = Nothing ;Not needed

Just now, JLogan3o13 said:

Again, vbscript to AutoIt is not a difficult transition:

Set objShell = WScript.CreateObject("WScript.Shell") ;Not needed

rv = objShell.Run(chr(34)&"C:\Program Files (x86)\Canon\IJ Scan Utility\SCANUTILITY.exe"&chr(34), 1 , False) ;Read the help file under Run or RunWait
    If rv <> 0 Then
        MsgBox "Failed : " & rv ;Read the help file under Run or Runwait to view the return codes they supply
    End If

WScript.Sleep 3000 ;Read the help file under Sleep

objShell.Run  "taskkill /f /im ""Mspaint.exe"" ",0,False ;Read the help file under ProcessClose

Set objShell = Nothing ;Not needed

I got it to work, by opening it. However, I'm having trouble with the ControlClick.

This is the script:

$canonscan = "C:\Program Files (x86)\Canon\IJ Scan Utility\SCANUTILITY.exe"
Run($canonscan)
ControlClick "Canon IJ Scan Utility","","[CLASS:Button; Text:Auto; INSTANCE:1]"

Error parsing function call.

• Moderators

If that is how you're running ControlClick, there is no question you are going to get an error. Look at the entry for ControlClick in the help file, specifically the examples provide, to see how to correctly use the syntax.

1 minute ago, JLogan3o13 said:

If that is how you're running ControlClick, there is no question you are going to get an error. Look at the entry for ControlClick in the help file, specifically the examples provide, to see how to correctly use the syntax.

Sorry for the mess. This is my first time messing with vbs and autoit. I'm trying to learn them.