My autoit source code stolen

I worked hard for a lot of time and prepare the autoit code but someone stole my autoit's original source code and trying to sell.

How can I stop it? 

What can I take action on him?

Edited by jmp

Yikes!  Not sure what you can do as far as legal recourse; I'm not a lawyer, so I can't say for sure.

I guess, if it were me, I'd ask myself.  Did I intend to sell the code?  Is the culprit stealing your potential or contracted business targets/customers?  Are they poised to make substantial profit on it?  Have I already sold the source code to other parties or was I under contract to develop the code for a customer? Can I prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that I developed the code / can I show a chain of custody on the evolution/development of the code?

If the answer is yes to all or most of these questions, call a lawyer and see what they recommend.

7 minutes ago, spudw2k said:

Yikes!  Not sure what you can do as far as legal recourse; I'm not a lawyer, so I can't say for sure.

I guess, if it were me, I'd ask myself.  Did I intend to sell the code?  Is the culprit stealing your potential or contracted business targets/customers?  Are they poised to make substantial profit on it?  Have I already sold the source code to other parties or was I under contract to develop the code for a customer? Can I prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that I developed the code / can I show a chain of custody on the evolution/development of the code?

If the answer is yes to all or most of these questions, call a lawyer and see what they recommend.

I don't know English as well, please trying to reply with easy language.

Before the code was stolen:

Were you paid to write the source code?
Did you plan to sell the source code?
Can you prove it was stolen?
Can you prove you wrote the code?

If yes, call a lawyer.

1 hour ago, spudw2k said:

Before the code was stolen:

Were you paid to write the source code?
Did you plan to sell the source code?
Can you prove it was stolen?
Can you prove you wrote the code?

If yes, call a lawyer.

1. No, I write the source code for personal use but after

2. Yes, i planned to sell the source code

3. Not sure, I share complied exe with him, by mistakenly i was copied original au3 instead of complied exe but after it i immediately delete it, i think it was recovered au3 or decomplied exe. So, i cant proof it was stolen.

4. Yes, because i have all original source code with date, some script already made long time ago and it was added to main script.

Can I call lawyer?

Edited by jmp

• Developers
52 minutes ago, jmp said:

3. Not sure, I share complied exe with him, by mistakenly i was copied original au3 instead of complied exe but after it i immediately delete it, i think it was recovered au3 or decomplied exe. So, i cant proof it was stolen.

This doesn't sound like it was stolen, but rather you gave it by mistake.
Just remember that even when you give only a EXE, it is ALWAYS possible to retrieve the source and this had been discussed many times around these forums.
So simple use the search to find the information and the potions to make it harder to do that. (Not to be discussed any further in this thread!)

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)