_IE.au3 Print Function

Is there a print function for _IE.au3? I am navigating to a webpage using _IECreate(0), so the webpage is not visable and I can not send keys to the page to get it to print. Any other solutions?

I am guessing that if I save the source code as html, and the use _FilePrint() it will print the source code and not the website.

Thanks.

I am using _IEAction($oIEPrint,"Print"), which works, but the windows print window opens. Is there a way to get it to print without having to select which printer to use?

Please consider this magic... :P

$oIE.execWB(6,2)

You can find more information on the execWB method on MSDN

Dale

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Automate input type=file (Related)

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

IE.au3 issues with Vista - Workarounds

SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble

Please consider this magic... :P

$oIE.execWB(6,2)

You can find more information on the execWB method on MSDN

Dale

Hi Dale, I'm reading this thread while searching for methods of printing from AutoIt (reports, labels and the like). I went to the web site you gave and read what was there and several of the links and feel less informed than before I did. Would you please explain the "magic" a bit more, well maybe more than a bit?

Gene

[font="Verdana"]Thanks for the response.Gene[/font]Yes, I know the punctuation is not right...

Hi Dale, I'm reading this thread while searching for methods of printing from AutoIt (reports, labels and the like). I went to the web site you gave and read what was there and several of the links and feel less informed than before I did. Would you please explain the "magic" a bit more, well maybe more than a bit?

Gene

I guess that he means one of the links points to one which can print without user input http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default....65657e790ef.asp not that I understand it myself either :P

I'm glad, would yuou elaborate on that?

Gene

Yeah, the point of the "magic" comment was that I really didn't want to explain it... :P

The page I pointed you to shows the parameters that ExecWB takes... you have to dig around to find the enumerations associated with the commands... it turns out that IDM_PRINT = 6 and OLECMDEXECOPT_DONTPROMPTUSER = 2

Dale

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Automate input type=file (Related)

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

IE.au3 issues with Vista - Workarounds

SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble