Using Python scripting in AutoIT

harsha

I want to use python scripting in AutoIT. Whether this is possible. When see some forum I can see PyautoIT ehich is Python binding for AutoItX3.dll. Using this whether we can write Python scripting in AutoIt? 

• Moderators

Why would you want to? If you're writing Python, write Python. If you're writing AutoIt, write AutoIt. If you have a situation where you simply cannot get away from mixing and matching languages (doubtful) a little more explanation would be wonderful.

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

On 5/25/2019 at 7:19 AM, JLogan3o13 said:

Why would you want to? If you're writing Python, write Python. If you're writing AutoIt, write AutoIt. If you have a situation where you simply cannot get away from mixing and matching languages (doubtful) a little more explanation would be wonderful.

I can see one dll PyAutoIt . What is the use of this dll in AutoIt and how to use it?

My assumption is that using this dll , one can write script using python and call AutoIT functions?