I don't understand nothing

Hi people, as the title suggests I don't understand nothing, I just finished the AutoIT book but I didn't understand nothing, I think programming is not for me, should I giveup?

Ho you people learned how to code, do you haveany advices.

Thanks in advance!!

• Moderators

zoel,

Which AutoIt book did you read? I would recommend this one:

Other than that, what would you like to do with AutoIt? If you have a specific goal in mind it is much easier to understand the limited number steps you need to do it, rather then facing the entire AutoIt function list and being completely bewildered.

Over to you.

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

5 minutes ago, Melba23 said:

zoel,

Which AutoIt book did you read? I would recommend this one:

Other than that, what would you like to do with AutoIt? If you have a specific goal in mind it is much easier to understand the limited number steps you need to do it, rather then facing the entire AutoIt function list and being completely bewildered.

Over to you.

M23

Hi Melba23 thanks for your reply, I read the book you recommend, I want to built an app that runs some cmd commands and outputs the result in a GUI.

Hi people, as the title suggests how you learned to code in AutoIT, I'm 16 years old and never learned how to code, I read the AutoIT help file but I dont understand nothing.

Can you give me any advice that I can use.

Thanks in advance!!

The Autoit help file is really helpful source to understanding how functions work, majority of the functions include examples, remember to utilize the help file search which will usually display relevant topics.  If you're unsure about how to do something use Google Search for example Autoit Query... 9 times out of 10 it will find posts in this forum that have already covered the topic.  If you're still unable to find the answer ask in the forums, just remember that the majority of people in the forums don't like to spoon feed and want to see the person has at least made an attempt to resolve the issue on their own.  This is how I learned Autoit, although still have a lot to learn.

Just my 2 cents

@zoel

Also try to avoid double negatives as it means the reverse of what you intend.  That will help you improve your logic, something pretty useful for programing.

This wonderful site allows debugging and testing regular expressions (many flavors available). An absolute must have in your bookmarks.
Another excellent RegExp tutorial. Don't forget downloading your copy of up-to-date pcretest.exe and pcregrep.exe here
RegExp tutorial: enough to get started
PCRE v8.33 regexp documentation latest available release and currently implemented in AutoIt beta.

SQLitespeed is another feature-rich premier SQLite manager (includes import/export). Well worth a try.
SQLite Expert (freeware Personal Edition or payware Pro version) is a very useful SQLite database manager.
An excellent eBook covering almost every aspect of SQLite3: a must-read for anyone doing serious work.
SQL tutorial (covers "generic" SQL, but most of it applies to SQLite as well)
A work-in-progress SQLite3 tutorial. Don't miss other LxyzTHW pages!
SQLite official website with full documentation (may be newer than the SQLite library that comes standard with AutoIt)

ok, 16 or 61 maters not. There are simple basics one should be familiar with.
The first one is the command prompt. I would recommend to first learn how to run batch files.
Then maybe some basic HTML, just to see how changing markup language works. ( no CSS, javascript, etc., just HTML )
Once you have some experience with these files, then writing simple AutoIt code, is not so hard.

cmd runs the .bat files.
your browser runs .htm files.
AutoIt runs the .au3 files.

Learning something so abstract as coding, takes time. Take all the time that is needed. The mind needs time to work and the cycles are by sleep cycles, so it'll take days to learn, years to be able to do what some ppl here can do, and even them share their limitations at times, to get aid from those in the forums.

So go at it. I did and now enjoy the know how  :) 

Cheers

Follow the link to my code contribution ( and other things too ).
FAQ - Please Read Before Posting.
autoit_scripter_blue_userbar.png

• Moderators

zoel,

We understand your problem, but please stick to just the one thread - merged.

And as I suggested above, decide on a simple project to code in AutoIt and see what you can do on your own first. You will find lots of help here if you make some effort yourself and do not expect others to spoon-feed you code - which woul not help you learn anyway.

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

• Developers

@zoel

You do realize that your title contains a double negative meaning your statements means "You understand everything!". ;) 

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)