Detect "reddish" pixels and send string to COM-port - (Locked)

Hi all,

I am creating a sort of "4D-experience" in my computer-room for the game Destiny 2.
In/under my gaming-chair I have attached so called "bass-shakers" I used them for years in my home cinema for extra "special effects" (shaking in the couch :-)) in movies like Jurassic Park etc...

On the wall (behind my monitor) I also created a large "thing" (sorry, English is not my native language...) with LED-strips in it.

What I want to do is the following:
When the AutoIT script detects a "reddish" pixel in a specific place (left-top in the screen from Destiny 2 where it shows when enemy's hit you) then I want to send a signal (string) to the COM-port so that my micro-controller (Arduino) can trigger the bass-shakers and the LED-lights behind my monitor.

There are 2 problems here:

1. The red isn't always the same because it is a little transparent. So when being hit, I move off course, the red isn't the same...
I can't get AutoIT to detect this "range" of pixels... It seems that the "shades variations" parameter doesn't work as I think/hoped for.
Or I have the wrong Hexadecimal-number from the red I want to detect... But how can I find that out?

This is the red I'm talking about:

-snip-

2. If I fix the first problem, how can I send data to the COM-port? For example, I want to send "test123" to COM3 with bautrate 9600. How to do that?

Thanks in advance,

Atmoz

Edited by Jos

• Developers

Welcome to the AutoIt forum.

Unfortunately you appear to have missed the Forum rules on your way in. Please read them now - particularly the bit about not discussing game automation - and then you will understand why you will get no help and this thread will now be locked.

See you soon with a legitimate question I hope.

The Moderation team

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)