Peace Equalizer shows power of AutoIt

On 3/1/2021 at 10:35 AM, Skeletor said:

If only this could be a VST

Yep.

Btw. I had to release yet another version. 1.5.9.1 finally deals with a persistent bug. All came down to my function to check for mouse scroll wheel action. AutoIt isn't able to do this with $WM_MOUSEWHEEL on an inactive window (which is a Windows 10 exclusive feature). Besides this I had an AutoIt comparison bug which took a while to find.

Creator of the Peace equalizer, an interface for Equalizer APO. Besides Peace, my library of functions is also available on SourceForge.

• 6 months later...

Just uploaded the new Peace version 1.6.0.5. What's exciting is that Peace can now be controlled by the send window messages system ($WM_COPYDATA and $WM_APP). This means that in principle one can build one's own equalizer interface in, say, RainMeter and use Peace as the engine to drive the interface.

Creator of the Peace equalizer, an interface for Equalizer APO. Besides Peace, my library of functions is also available on SourceForge.

• 1 year later...

I've released Peace equalizer version 1.6.3.6 with support for midi devices and the forked AutoEQ GitHub project of Ian Walton. Together with Jaakko Passanen's original AutoEQ project now almost 6000 equalizations are possible of 3 targets, making it about 18000 in total.

As the Peace equalizer project is growing I find the AutoIt language still very nice to use. Hail to the developers of AutoIt and all developers of the libraries!

Hi Peter,

Thanks a lot for the updated version of PEACE, especially the support for MIDI devices is TOP !!

Where can we find documentation on how to get the MIDI mapping working for a USB controler ...

Did you use the MIDI Library from MattyD

Midi UDF - AutoIt Example Scripts - AutoIt Forums (autoitscript.com)

@ptrexGreat to know that you find the new midi interface useful. I do use the library from MattyD. I had to do only one small adjustment (in the library itself) to make it all work. Just awesome stuff. Thanks @MattyD !

In principle you don't need to know the midi mapping. Peace detects what midi controller you're moving for assignment to a Peace feature. And as Windows is automatically detecting a USB midi device it should be easy to make your own Peace midi setup/map. I did make 3 such setups already but I'm guessing none of them matching your actual device.

• 1 month later...