XBASE autoit porting help for a front end grafical interface

BasicOs

BREAK MS RULES, USE dbase LANGUAGE, in autoit for handling databases.

INCLUDES A 2 LINE LESSON OF DBASE III PLUS FOR BEGINNERS

dbaseIIIplus is a PROGRAMM OF THE 80'S for handling database, now converted by Autoit into a programm of XXI , better eXPerience

I think one of the bests not compiled, interpreter languages for database handling is DBASE III (plus, clipper etcc) from 1980s

I got some analysys and some partially made scripts of a port of XBASE into AUTOIT, so taking advantage of this easy language:

-DBASE advantages:

1.easy database handling, and interpreter (you can make changes without compiling, on the flight)(can be encrypted if needed)

2.easy debbugging, lighting, quick and small code (allways less than 1Mb source+ exes all included)

3.compatible and exportable data

4. I dont like MS game "if users LOSE their KNOWLEDGE, WE WIN AND MAKE MONEY ":

MS false commercial philosophy of "New incompatible version every 9 months to get new cash but no real improvement for ms customers and changing everything, for the sake of a "suppoussed" better experience bla bla etc.. = You can do everything without losing your knowledge with AUTOIT.

-Autoit - Dbase Advantages:

adding what is missing from ms-dos, nice grafical interface, plus other programms control

Things doing: waiting for feedback

small Things To DO: graphical interface connections (udf)

1. (output RESULTS(SELECT) needed: Pick up the OUTPUT, into Autoit Vars, which can be handled by the graphic interface)

2-If not output needed only make a process like DELETE or INSERT(append), then only return a var where it is OK or not.

3-translate the dos printing calls into file and the output into default printer.

Things That Failed: I hope nothing is goin to fail.

How to: 3 UDF which treat dbase in 3 different ways:

1st: execute code created inside an AU3

2d: example of translation of dbase->au3, for updating and inserting data in a dbf

3d: executing external prgs

ENJOY BOYS!!!!

Requirements: You need a copy of dbase.exe and libraries

(functions tested with dbase III pluS) for working with clipper,dbase IV,Xbase in general you should make some small changes that fit compiler/interpreter.

Main func: takes some code into var welsend and then execute this dbase language code, optiona file output

welsend=dbase III+ code can be created on the fly by the au3

wfileopcional= output file optional

1-Func dbase($WELSEND, $WFILEOPCIONAL)

FUNCTION DBASEREPLA similar to REPLACE With (may include an append optional)

UPDATEs OR INSERT ONE OR MANY RECORDS inside of a dbf

DATABASE FIELDS FILTER filoutput append or not

2-Func dbaserepla($WDATABASE, $WREPLACEFIELDS, $WFORCOND, $FILE2, $iSAPPEND)

execute one PRG (like au3 in dbase), Wparam are the optionals param which will replace text inside the PRG

3-Func DBDO($PRG, $WPARAMETERS)

Now the download:

LESSON OF DBASE FOR BEGGINNERS: SEE HOW EASYLY you can get info of a database into AU3 (LIGHTNING SPEED) MILLIONS OF RECORDS

dbase code how TO (MAKE A SELECT) list names of people in database into au3 this info gets into a var called $selectedPeople you can use in AUTOIT

SYNTAX: $SelectedPeople = DBASE ("USE PEOPLEÇset alter onÇLIST OFF NAME,AGE FOR " & $WFOR & "Çset alter off", "people")

LOOK AT THE ORIGINAL DBASE III+ CODE:

;( --- OPENS DATABASE PEOPLE.DBF)

USE PEOPLE

; EXECUTE THE SELECT: FOR FIELDS NAME AGE --- wFOR CAN BE: $WFOR=" AGE>20"

LIST OFF NAME,AGE FOR AGE>20

Please send me some posts about this topic, if you find interesting and so ..............

Postdatum:

Autoit goes UP: Thanks Jonh for not changing every 9 months of autoit version and make obsolote and unusable all what we learnt before.

MS drops: right now it FORCED restart itself automatically after an "CRITICAL" update and I lost again part of my WORK.agghhh!!

dbfuncs.au3

Edited by BasicOs
Autoit.es - Foro Autoit en Español Word visitors Image Clustrmap image: - Football Spanish team - Spanish team: Casillas, Iniesta, Villa, Xavi, Puyol, Campdevilla, etc..Programando en Autoit+Html - Coding Autoit-Html - Arranca programas desde Internet - Preprocesador de Autoit a http

• Moderators

Errr... :P If there is no script... shouldn't this be in the idea lab? :lmao:

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

Errr... :P If there is no script... shouldn't this be in the idea lab? :lmao:

you are wrong idea lab is stated as Autoit suggestions read

v3 Idea Lab

Post your ideas and suggestions for AutoIt here.

AN SCRIPT consist of two parts:

first: ANALYSYS 90% of script

second: CODING 10% of script(in fact not so important)

I AM POSTING one part of the script, not yet whole because I havent yet finished, waiting for feed back

hearthly, thanks for feed back.

ps: dont forget analysys is 90% of the script, coding is mostly copying from the manual.

Edited by BasicOs
Autoit.es - Foro Autoit en Español Word visitors Image Clustrmap image: - Football Spanish team - Spanish team: Casillas, Iniesta, Villa, Xavi, Puyol, Campdevilla, etc..Programando en Autoit+Html - Coding Autoit-Html - Arranca programas desde Internet - Preprocesador de Autoit a http

I think one of the bests not compiled, interpreter languages for database handling is DBASE III (plus, clipper etcc) from 1980s

I got some analysys and some partially made scripts of a port of XBASE into AUTOIT, so taking advantage of this easy language:

-DBASE advantages:

1.easy database handling, and interpreter (you can make changes without compiling, on the flight)(can be encrypted if needed)

2.easy debbugging, lighting, quick and small code (allways less than 1Mb source+ exes all included)

3.compatible and exportable data

4.You can do everything without losing your knowledge and take advantage of new techs if you keep a nice AUTOIT interface.

-Autoit plusinto Dbase Advantages:

adding what is missing from ms-dos, nice grafical interface, plus other programms control

Please send me some posts about this topic, if you find interesting and so ..............

DONE: ANALYSYS:

porting dbase code (*.prg) whole and partially:

1-when output RESULTS(SELECT) needed: Pick up the OUTPUT, into Autoit Vars, which can be handled by the graphic interface.

2-If not output needed only make a process like DELETE or INSERT(append), then only return a var where it is OK or not.

3-Cancel graphical typical MS-DOS interface of dbase.

4-translate the dos printing calls into file and the output into default printer.

Things To Be Added: coding part of the script, graphical interface connections (udf)

Things That Failed: I hope nothing is goin to fail as the analysys is clear and the database handling code is XBASE.

Probable Question(s): populate ¿a few or many ? new autoit UDFs similar to DBASE III+ code or only recode/port whole source.

Postdatum: Thanks Jonh for not changing every 9 months of autoit version and make obsolote and unusable all what we learnt before.

I think I may be interested, I spent a lot of time in dBase & Clipper in the 80s. I'd like to see a more detailed statement of your goals and analysis without MS comments (they just get in the way). Note my edits of your post above.

Your response to SmOke_N was unfortunate, in that it seemed more hostile than explanatory. From your initial post I too thought you had some existing code. I wondered why you didn't post it.

Gene

[font="Verdana"]Thanks for the response.Gene[/font]Yes, I know the punctuation is not right...

• Moderators

you are wrong idea lab is stated as Autoit suggestions read

v3 Idea Lab

Post your ideas and suggestions for AutoIt here.

AN SCRIPT consist of two parts:

first: ANALYSYS 90% of script

second: CODING 10% of script(in fact not so important)

I AM POSTING one part of the script, not yet whole because I havent yet finished, waiting for feed back

May be you are an einstein programmer who can make scripts without analysys and you code directly, really a bad habit for you.

If you like I will speak as you do in your encode programm, I will copy part of your post and change:

see the edit.

thanks for feed back.

ps: dont forget analysys is 90% of the script, coding is only copying from the manual. do Work!!!

Whoah Tiger!!

I simply thought you posted it in the wrong forum.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

I've never heard of XBASE. what is it used for?

:P Have you ever heard of dBase? Either way dBase was the first widely used serious database tool for PCs. There were some better and lesser imitators for use with compilers and some were interpreted. Over time they became more similar and also came to be collectively called xBase. Clipper, Quicksilver and FoxPro were some of the better implementations. Eventually dBase and FoxPro transitioned to Windows. They were relatively easy to use and prior to Windows made serious efforts to add features and capability without breaking existing code. Oh, dBase and FoxPro were interpreted, Clipper, Quicksilver were compiled

I started with dBase, went to Quicksilver, then to Clipper. There were too many IEs in the plants who thought it was their duty to tinker with my code. I dabbled in several others too. I still have dBase III, Quicksilver, 2 two versions of Clipper and 1 each of FoxPro and its Distribution Kit. While I'm listing obsolete software I have, maybe I should mention MS VB for DOS, MS QuickBasic 2.0 and PowerBuilder 3. I have no idea why I have kept these, maybe my son can sell them as antiquities when he is my age.

Gene

[font="Verdana"]Thanks for the response.Gene[/font]Yes, I know the punctuation is not right...

functions uploaded

Please send me some posts about them, if you find interesting and so ..............

FILE AT:

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.ph...pe=post&id=6014

Edited by BasicOs