.REG support

As you can see:

_RegCopyKey( "Backup\MyKey.reg", "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Mykey")

This code would copy a key from a .reg file to registry.

But AutoIt have not .reg direct support.

I have looked for in internet, but I haven't found good code...

Is there a solution for import/export registry?

Edited by Grof

@Grof

AutoIt doesn't have a large set of functions to deal with Registry, but as you'll see, it has a lot of UDFs and, doing a little research on the Internet, could only help you answering your questions.

Regedit.exe has some command line switches which you can use to do a lot of things.

Take a look at them and come back with a runnable script :)

Edited by FrancescoDiMuro

Click here to see my signature:

Spoiler

ALWAYS GOOD TO READ:

• Developers
19 minutes ago, Grof said:

Is there a solution for import/export registry?

Simply run the RegEdit program to import/export a given key from/to a file, instead of reinventing that wheel. :)

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

As you remember, (do you remember?) I have written in one of my first posts, where I asked to implement more instructions in registry management, I'll prefer avoid use of external applications or Windows API...

This is a script I have found on the net:

RunWait("regedit.exe /s Portable.reg", @ScriptDir)
RunWait("App\flashget.exe")
RunWait('regedit.exe /s /e "' & @ScriptDir & '\Portable.reg" "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\JetCar"')
RunWait("regedit.exe /s Portable2.reg", @ScriptDir)

I don't understand why the developers of AutoIt prefer not use their tool as a portabilizer...

NSIS with PortableApps has reach a lot of users.  :no:

Edited by Grof

• Developers
7 minutes ago, Grof said:

As you remember, (do you remember?)

As you remember ( do you remember?) : I told you we WILL NOT add more functionality to Autoit3 and you need to work with the current set of functions.
If you are really interested in learning you would be open to suggestion, but as you clearly have your mind made up to be stubborn, I leave you to your stubbornness and not bother you anymore with my insights. ....   have fun.

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

31 minutes ago, Grof said:

I'll prefer avoid use of external applications or Windows API...

If you would have looked at the link provided, you could see that no "external applications" or Windows API were used...

Just command line switches of the built-in regedit.exe. 

Spoiler

ALWAYS GOOD TO READ:

As you remember ( do you remember?) : I told you we WILL NOT add more functionality to Autoit3 and you need to work with the current set of functions.

I remember... But I'm trying to change your mind!

I know you are a boss in developers team. :D

Francesco, I know the syntax of regedit, but if it's possible, i prefer avoid use of it.

Thanks.

Edited by Grof

5 minutes ago, Grof said:

Francesco, I know the use of regedit, but if it's possible, i prefer avoid use of it.

Well, so, you don't want to use external applications, nor Windows API, nor built-in regedit.exe which provides you everything you need.

Real-World answer:

Spoiler

How are you going to do it if you don't want to use almost everything needed to do that?

It's like that you want write a letter, but you don't want to use a pen nor a paper. How are you going to do that?

Sarcastic answer:

Spoiler

Did you look at machine language? Maybe that it's what you are looking for.

Edited by FrancescoDiMuro

Spoiler

ALWAYS GOOD TO READ:

How are you going to do it if you don't want to use almost everything needed to do that?

It's like that you want write a letter, but you don't want to use a pen nor a paper. How are you going to do that?

I was just thinking about it...

I want tell you (Jos) a story:

Once upon a time (1985-1990) there were about five software house building professional (it's a grat word) image retoucher (MicrographX, Aldus, Adobe ecc).

They were simple and not evolved.

One of these (and only one) developed CMYK support (the paper print inks) and plug-ins support.

After few years all the other software, except Adobe Photoshop, stopped development.

There were many plugins, for every situation and ideas.

With the new releases, Photoshop added new features, the same of plugins, so the plugins developers have to think something new.

And so on.

Now I'm sure you know, photoshop is a standard plugin format and this app is the only leader in the image market.

I know there are other software (using already Adobe standard), but are they bush in the wood...

Edited by Grof

I see multiple possible routes to solve any issue:

1. Use functions/UDFs provided by AutoIt
  2. Use UDFs provided by the Autoit community
  3. Use APIs provided by Windows
  4. Use tools provided by Windows
  5. Use tools provided by anyone else

Before you select one of this routes, define your goal. If it is portability (means: run your script on any Windows computer) then routes 1 to 4 are nearly equal. Only difference is the needed effort to implement them in AutoIt.

So what is your goal?

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

You were doing the first two but that isn’t good enough for you. You love to complain. It’s very apparent. If it’s such a big problem why don’t you go do it in some other language?

My resources are limited. You must ask the right questions

1 hour ago, Grof said:

Logically, the solutions I prefer are the first two...

But why? Please tell us the reason why 1-2 should be better than the rest :huh: 

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

• Developers
2 hours ago, Grof said:

I know you are a boss in developers team. :D

I am not and actually hardly have done any AutOit3 core develeopment....  but you would have know that when having read the Autoit3 history page in the helpfile. ;) 

1 hour ago, Grof said:

I want tell you (Jos) a story:

Your analogy is totally lost and actually somewhat silly. AutoIt3 is a generic tools for automating processes, not a tool for niche purpose like you are after.
You are expected to use it's basic set of tools to create your own function. As you don't want to understand this, nor invest time in learning it yourself, I can only conclude you are at the wrong place here and need to go for some all-inclusive solution that does it for you. 

As said: I which you success with your efforts either here or somewhere else.

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Water,

But why? Please tell us the reason why 1-2 should be better than the rest.

Because I would (as I said) create a tutorial about using AutoIt as a portabilizer, and all the other portabilizer are simple in coding.

If you try YAP, you are able to program it without coding... It's so simple!!!

This is the reason I'm trying to convince someone to write a UDF for import /export .Reg files.

This could be not so difficult, but I'm not able. :(

If you search in Internet there are many request about this argument, but the only solution You will find is to use reg.exe o regedit.

Earthshine, do you want write email for me? :D

Exit, are you available???

Edited by Grof

You already have a UDF written by a community member that works so what is your beef? Also you can write your own that exports and imports registry using regedit which is available on every Windows system so it doesn’t get any more portable than that. 

It seems like a petulant childish rant That is done in order to get others to work for you but that’s not how it works on this forum

Edited by Earthshine

My resources are limited. You must ask the right questions

• Moderators
15 hours ago, Grof said:

I'll prefer avoid use of external applications or Windows API...

Quite possibly one of the most ignorant statements I have seen in all my time on this forum. What do you think AutoIt was designed to interact with?! :idiot:

Because I would (as I said) create a tutorial about using AutoIt as a portabilizer, and all the other portabilizer are simple in coding.

If you try YAP, you are able to program it without coding... It's so simple!!!

This is the reason I'm trying to convince someone to write a UDF for import /export .Reg files.

This could be not so difficult, but I'm not able. :(

I still don't understand this. You keep going on about how you're going to write this tutorial or that, but have shown yourself incapable of even the simplest things with the language. If you cannot do the basics, how do you expect to write a tutorial that is going to be worth anything to anyone else?

Edited by JLogan3o13

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!