Zlib+JDK11 upgrade- Exe wont launch

Hello all,

I am upgrading my app with AdoptJDK11. We build an exe using AUTOIT . We are using zlib1.dll(1.2.5 )version for compression/decompression. 

Everything works well with zlib1.dll 1.2.5 version and JDK1.7u45

Once i compiled code with JDK11, with the zlib1.dll being 1.2.5 I got faulty module exception in the windows event log.

Hence i upgrade the zlib1.dll to 1.2.11 version and compiled by scripts again. Now I get the below error.

I have attached the au3 files we are using. main.au3 is the one which builds the exe. That exe is used internally later while deploying.

Any help is highly apprecitated

image.png.b2dc24060cc3c581c7641cf590b7b934.png

e2.ico err.au3 main.au3 progress.au3 sfx.au3 zlib1.dll

I always end up with the below error. Please help

Faulting application name: E2openB2BClient_Windows_3d12628c-e5c8-41ac-b8f8-eb8c8c481bc9 (14, version: 1.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5d258510
Faulting module name: zlib1.dll, version: 1.2.11.0, time stamp: 0x5ca72e39
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x000000000000b4ea
Faulting process id: 0x4810
Faulting application start time: 0x01d536e9e653b571
Faulting application path: C:\Users\vramakrishna\Downloads\E2openB2BClient_Windows_3d12628c-e5c8-41ac-b8f8-eb8c8c481bc9 (14).exe
Faulting module path: C:\Users\VRAMAK~1\AppData\Local\Temp\8\b2bci-18448\zlib1.dll
Report Id: 478620ff-3679-4082-bd03-fd66cc41eaa4
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID: 

• Developers

You are posting 2 different issues. Is the first one resolved?
The second error is an data exception  with zlib1.dll which is caused by "E2openB2BClient_Windows_3d12628c-e5c8-41ac-b8f8-eb8c8c481bc9 (14).exe". 
so have you simply tried to ran that file manually and does that work?
Is it an x64 or x32 installer?

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

When I gave x64=n, I get the first error.

When I give x64=y, I get the next error regarding zlib1.dll 

I am trying to debug the scripts, it seems like it cannot make dllcall on this zlib1.dll

This is the part which fails now.

Local $zlibDll = DllOpen("zlib1.dll")
    $zipInfo[$ZIP_ZLIB_HANDLE] = $zlibDll

MsgBox(0, "$zipInfo is " ,$zipInfo[$ZIP_ZLIB_HANDLE])--- This results in 1 
    If Not DllCall($zlibDll, "str:cdecl", "zlibVersion") Then _ShowError($zlibDll) -- This results in error 

• Developers

Could you please slow down and try to get your ducks on a row before posting all these bits of conflicting information, as I have no clue anymore what you are trying to say!

So post a short script with the lines in there and the 1 error you get, as the previous post contains multiple different errors which will never occur in one run.

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Sorry for the confusion created. I am actively debugging and blocked. Hence seeing the help.

Here is the problem.

I have upgraded my app to JDK11. Hence I am using zlib1.dll 1.2.11 version downloaded from the zlib.net for windows.

After this I regenerated my scripts with x64=y  and installer is also 64bit.

This is the part which fails now.

Local $zlibDll = DllOpen("zlib1.dll")-- This results in -1 which means it couldnt execute.

The previous version with zlib1.dll 1.2.5 on JDK1.7u45 works very well.

Okay so final ask is 

Local $zlibDll =  _WinAPI_LoadLibraryEx("zlibwapi.dll") this works and loads library

Global $g_hDll = DllOpen("zlibwapi.dll") -- fails returns null

What is the issue?

Local $zlibDll =  _WinAPI_LoadLibraryEx("zlibwapi.dll") this works and loads library

Global $g_hDll = DllOpen("zlibwapi.dll") -- fails returns null

What is the issue?

Please help

• Developers

@Viju,

Please stop being so impatient around these forums and do not cross post questions!
Just read the forum rules and etiquettes when you still need to learn about how the behave in a forum. 
*Merged  topics*

Jos 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Developers
3 minutes ago, Viju said:

I was under pressure to get this done. Seeing help.

yea ...and you find that a good excuse to do that?  (rhetorical so no need to answer.)
I don't know whether you remembered but you never supplied any small script that people can test with so how do you expect people to help you other that stabbing in the dark?

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.