Can't enter the activation key - (Moved)

Hello:

I write the script as below:

Run("setup.exe")
WinWaitActive("Winpower")
Send("!n")
Send("{TAB}")
Sleep(10)
Send("511C1-01220-0100-478DF2A")
Sleep(10)
Send("{Enter}")
Sleep(10)
Send("!n")
Send("!n")
Send("!n")
Send("!i")
Send("!d")

After I run my script, the activation key show "511C-01220-0100-478DFA", but the real key is "511C1-01220-0100-478DF2A" in the script

so it prompt "The password is incorrect".

winpowerinstall.png

Also, see if your installer supports command line switches. If it does, then you can avoid automating the GUI all together and maybe even do a silent install.

Edit - I just checked and it does support command line switches. I found it on page 57 here: https://www.nextups.eu/wp-content/uploads/pdf_upload/Software/Winpower/WinPower Manual.pdf

Edited by Bert

I modify the script as below, but it still doesn't work

Opt ("SendKeyDelay", 500)
Send("{TAB}")
Send("511C")
Send("1-01220-0100-478DF")
Send("2A")
Send("{Enter}")

And I found the number after the letter can't be input.

for example:  the number "1" follow with the letter "C", the number "2" follow with the letter "F", so the two number can't be input.

511C1-01220-0100-478DF2A

511C-01220-0100-478DFA

winpowerinstall-1.png

• Moderators

As was suggested above, why don't you use command line switches to install it and save yourself all the headache of trying to manipulate the GUI?

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

I found the reason, I need to add the "enter" after the letter,   now it work

Thank you for all the supports.

Send("511C")
Send("{Enter}")
Send("1-01220-0100-478DF")
Send("{Enter}")
Send("2A")
Send("{Enter}")

I also try the fix this issue by "set the keyboard to English", then I can send the string "511C1-01220-0100-478DF2A"

$hWnd = WinGetHandle("[ACTIVE]");
$ret = DllCall("user32.dll", "long", "LoadKeyboardLayout", "str", "08040804", "int", 1 + 0)
DllCall("user32.dll", "ptr", "SendMessage", "hwnd", $hWnd, "int", 0x50, "int", 1, "int", $ret[0])
Send('nh')

Sigh - qiong - YOU DON'T READ do you? I GAVE YOU THE ANSWER that would take ALL OF YOUR LINES OF CODE and reduce it to one line. 

One. Line. Of. Code. Does this not make sense to you? Are you so hard headed that you refuse to change direction when a very simple and easy solution to your issue is given? 

Seeing you don't read and keep being thick, I'm done with you. 

Moving on....

• Moderators

For those that are getting frustrated, how about you just walk away from the thread? There is no forum rule against being difficult to deal with. As long as the OP is not breaking any forum rules, complaining in the thread or reporting it because he is not listening to you is not going to fix anything. Just move along and perhaps he will get the message.

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

2 hours ago, JLogan3o13 said:

For those that are getting frustrated, how about you just walk away from the thread? There is no forum rule against being difficult to deal with. As long as the OP is not breaking any forum rules, complaining in the thread or reporting it because he is not listening to you is not going to fix anything. Just move along and perhaps he will get the message.

I partly agree with you. But if everyone goes away without speaking some of problems the person is causing, that person will never know why he has no response and continue to post and post and post ...

• Moderators
5 hours ago, Nine said:

I partly agree with you. But if everyone goes away without speaking some of problems the person is causing, that person will never know why he has no response and continue to post and post and post ...

At which point a Moderator will handle it.