Making own functions using C++ and using in Autoit

Chaz

Is this possible in any way? I have coded too much with Autoit and i do not want to change to Autoitx and rewrite everything. Is there any way to make your own functions using C++, and then implementing them using autoit? Thanks in advance =O.

Edit: i've looked into the help files and searched the forums, but haven't found anything. I believe in order to do this i need to use dlls?

Edited by Chaz

Is this possible in any way? I have coded too much with Autoit and i do not want to change to Autoitx and rewrite everything. Is there any way to make your own functions using C++, and then implementing them using autoit? Thanks in advance =O.

Edit: i've looked into the help files and searched the forums, but haven't found anything. I believe in order to do this i need to use dlls?

Check out this post for Plugins for AutoIt: http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.ph...topic=15279&hl=

“Give a man a script; you have helped him for today. Teach a man to script; and you will not have to hear him whine for help.”AutoIt4UE - Custom AutoIt toolbar and wordfile for UltraEdit/UEStudio users.AutoIt Graphical Debugger - A graphical debugger for AutoIt.SimMetrics COM Wrapper - Calculate string similarity.

Thanks for the link! it is extemely useful to what i need to do. Unfortunately, I am still new to C++ and i do not know how to compile dlls! I do not have the programs listed on the thread.

I will continue researching, if anyone can explain how to do it i would greatly appreciate it =O.

Thanks for the link! it is extemely useful to what i need to do. Unfortunately, I am still new to C++ and i do not know how to compile dlls! I do not have the programs listed on the thread.

I will continue researching, if anyone can explain how to do it i would greatly appreciate it =O.

I think that DevC++ is free and is listed in the link. The example given in the SDK is pretty simple. I am sure that it would not be too hard to compile to a DLL.

“Give a man a script; you have helped him for today. Teach a man to script; and you will not have to hear him whine for help.”AutoIt4UE - Custom AutoIt toolbar and wordfile for UltraEdit/UEStudio users.AutoIt Graphical Debugger - A graphical debugger for AutoIt.SimMetrics COM Wrapper - Calculate string similarity.

• Developers

Here is an example PlugIn project for Dev-C++ that contains 2 String functions:

StringRepeat() and StringReverse()

It includes all needed files and an example AutoIt script

:P

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)