question about arrayDelete

Good morning guys, i hope that you're all well.
guys, i have a problem and i hope that you can help me
i've created an 3d array
the array Contain a Categories info
as folow
$array[n][0][0] = Categorie name
$array[n][0][1] = Categorie file path
$array[n][0][2] = Categorie contents number

$array[n][m][0] = link name
$array[n][m][1] = link url
$array[n][m][2] = link section name

in my tool i want to add an option to delete a Category
as you know the Categorie mean that must delete a region from the array
when i tried to use _arrayDelete
with the 2d array it work well
but here i couldn't find any way to do that, can any one help me please?
thanks in advance.

None of the _Array functions work with anything other than a 1D or 2D array, some only work with 1D. 3D arrays are hardly ever necessary, and in your case definitely not needed, a 2D array with 3 columns could easily replace that 3D array.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

@BrewManNH
when i try to put it in 2d array I found it hard to deal with it.
because in my tool their is an treeview i must put the categories
and a list box to put the links name
until now all that i can put it in a 2d array
but when i want to do any other operation i will find a hardest to do it
Because I will rely on reading the treeview item  index and use its numbers to handle the categories into the array
please if you have any other simple Suggestion or other way give it to me.

Show your code

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

You seem to love complicated life.

This wonderful site allows debugging and testing regular expressions (many flavors available). An absolute must have in your bookmarks.
Another excellent RegExp tutorial. Don't forget downloading your copy of up-to-date pcretest.exe and pcregrep.exe here
RegExp tutorial: enough to get started
PCRE v8.33 regexp documentation latest available release and currently implemented in AutoIt beta.

SQLitespeed is another feature-rich premier SQLite manager (includes import/export). Well worth a try.
SQLite Expert (freeware Personal Edition or payware Pro version) is a very useful SQLite database manager.
An excellent eBook covering almost every aspect of SQLite3: a must-read for anyone doing serious work.
SQL tutorial (covers "generic" SQL, but most of it applies to SQLite as well)
A work-in-progress SQLite3 tutorial. Don't miss other LxyzTHW pages!
SQLite official website with full documentation (may be newer than the SQLite library that comes standard with AutoIt)

I've read, downloaded, analyzed, found correct way, provided example code and alternate solution. Enough for me.

This wonderful site allows debugging and testing regular expressions (many flavors available). An absolute must have in your bookmarks.
Another excellent RegExp tutorial. Don't forget downloading your copy of up-to-date pcretest.exe and pcregrep.exe here
PCRE v8.33 regexp documentation latest available release and currently implemented in AutoIt beta.

SQLitespeed is another feature-rich premier SQLite manager (includes import/export). Well worth a try.
SQLite Expert (freeware Personal Edition or payware Pro version) is a very useful SQLite database manager.
An excellent eBook covering almost every aspect of SQLite3: a must-read for anyone doing serious work.
SQLite official website with full documentation (may be newer than the SQLite library that comes standard with AutoIt)

40 minutes ago, jchd said:

I've read, downloaded, analyzed, found correct way, provided example code and alternate solution. Enough for me.

please can you help me an other one

just i want to find a easy way because am a bgnr in programation.

I apologize for the weight of my understanding and hope you can help me

I repeat my apologies

Sorry but after 30 months of frequentation of this forum and AutoIt you are expected to have taken the time and pain to learn the basics and even more than that.  I'm unsure you're willing to learn by yourself even if I understand you have more difficulties than most of other people around.

@jchd
i know that sir, but am  doing everything I can to learn.
Unfortunately i can't read the pdf files to learn also i can't see a videos, that because am using the screen readers to work
am a blind man
for that am trying to lirn from the questions and examples, this is the only way that i can do.

I apologize if you are bothering me with my trivial questions, but be sure that I have not found a way to learn i've only this way

hello again

i found a simple way and it worked with me

that what i did

thanks all to your help

func Store_GetData($DataDir = $StoreDataDir)

ReDim $A_StoreDataRead[1][7]

local $find = _FileListToArrayRec($DataDir, "*.CTG", $FLTAR_FILES, $FLTAR_NORECUR, $FLTAR_SORT, $FLTAR_FULLPATH)
    If not (isArray($find)) Then return SetError(1, 0, 1)
local $iAll = 0, $i = 1, $IcrntSec = 1, $CrntPath = "", $sectionsRead, $SectionRead, $crntPathOpen, $CrntPathRead, $crntFileName
for $iFiles = 1 to $find[0]

$crntPath = $find[$iFiles]
$crntFileName = _GetFileName($crntPath)
$crntPathOpen = FileOpen($crntPath)
$CrntPathRead = FileRead($crntPathOpen)
if @Error then
fileClose($crntPathOpen)
ContinueLoop
endIf
fileClose($crntPathOpen)

$SectionsRead = _IniReadSectionNamesFromString($CrntPathRead)
if @Error then ContinueLoop
$iAll += 1
ReDim $A_StoreDataRead[$iAll+1][7]
$i_StoreDataSectionsMax = $iAll
for $scs = 1 to $SectionsRead[0]
if $SectionsRead[$scs] = "categoryInfo" then
$A_StoreDataRead[$iAll][0] = _IniReadFromString($CrntPathRead, "categoryInfo", "categoryName", "")
$A_StoreDataRead[$iAll][1] = $crntFileName
else
if $A_StoreDataRead[$iAll][3] = "" then
$A_StoreDataRead[$iAll][3] = _IniReadFromString($CrntPathRead, $SectionsRead[$scs], "linkName", 0)
else
$A_StoreDataRead[$iAll][3] &= "|" & _IniReadFromString($CrntPathRead, $SectionsRead[$scs], "linkName", 0)
endIf
if $A_StoreDataRead[$iAll][4] = "" then
$A_StoreDataRead[$iAll][4] = _IniReadFromString($CrntPathRead, $SectionsRead[$scs], "LinkValue", 0)
else
$A_StoreDataRead[$iAll][4] &= "|" & _IniReadFromString($CrntPathRead, $SectionsRead[$scs], "LinkValue", 0)
endIf
if $A_StoreDataRead[$iAll][5] = "" then
$A_StoreDataRead[$iAll][5] = $SectionsRead[$scs]
else
$A_StoreDataRead[$iAll][5] &= "|" & $SectionsRead[$scs]
endIf
$A_StoreDataRead[$iAll][2] = $i-1
endIf

next
next
$A_StoreDataRead[0][0] = UBound($A_StoreDataRead)-1
return 1
endFunc

👍

If it works, then it's good enough. :)

Hi nacerbaaziz :)

Though you found another way, I won't throw away the post I prepared and it took me a lot of time, let's go.

I downloaded your code to test it and well... the lack of indentation made it really hard to debug.
After "re-indentating" it, I started to play a bit with the treeview and the list box.

So imagine my surprise when I delete all 3 items in the treeview and there are still elements in the listbox !

It means something goes wrong with the delete part, especially after I quit the script, there are still 2 .CTG files when they should have been all deleted, the 3 of them.

You are using czardas function _DeleteRegion() to delete from your 3D array, but have you carefully tested it with a simpler example ? And what about the error handling ?

czardas programmed 6 different errors and you don't even test if your call to _DeleteRegion() returns an error ?
Please add a test on @error and you'll be surprised of what you'll see...

This being said, let's be positive. Here is a personal example which explains how to delete all region corresponding to an index in one of the 3 dimensions :

#include <Array.au3>
#include <ArrayWorkshop.au3>

$index1 = 5
$index2 = 2
$index3 = 2

Global $aArray3D[$index1][$index2][$index3], $aDisplay[0]

For $i1 = 0 to $index1 - 1
    For $i2 = 0 to $index2 - 1
        For $i3 = 0 to $index3 - 1
            $aArray3D[$i1][$i2][$i3] = $i1 & "-" & $i2 & "-" & $i3
            _ArrayAdd($aDisplay, $aArray3D[$i1][$i2][$i3])
        Next
    Next
Next

_ArrayDisplay($aDisplay, "Before delete", Default, $ARRAYDISPLAY_NOROW)

_DeleteRegion($aArray3D, 1, 3) ; delete index #3 in 1st dimension (1st index is #0)
If @error Then Exit Msgbox(0, "", "_DeleteRegion error = " & @error)

$aBound = __GetBounds($aArray3D) ; get the bounds of each dimension
If @error Then Exit Msgbox(0, "", "__GetBounds error = " & @error)

Global $aDisplay[0] ; erase and recreate the display array

For $i1 = 0 to $aBound[1] - 1
    For $i2 = 0 to $aBound[2] - 1
        For $i3 = 0 to $aBound[3] - 1
            _ArrayAdd($aDisplay, $aArray3D[$i1][$i2][$i3])
        Next
    Next
Next

_ArrayDisplay($aDisplay, "After delete", Default, $ARRAYDISPLAY_NOROW)

As you can see below, in the left column, there were 20 elements before deletion.
And in the right column, there are only 16 elements after deletion, all index 3 from the 1st dimension has been deleted.

456799739_beforeandafterdeleteregion.png.23def93a1a65ce822e3e02b609b39c50.png

Now let's apply it to your code :

_DeleteRegion($A_StoreDataRead, $selectedItem, 0, $A_StoreDataRead[$selectedItem][0][2]+1)

First of all, see the test on @error ?
It will return an "error 6" (@error = 6 Invalid Range, see czardas function)

This is because your call to _DeleteRegion() should have been like this :

_DeleteRegion($A_StoreDataRead, 1, $selectedItem) ; 1 = 1st dimension, i.e the Category dimension

Now you'll find that deletion goes correctly and all .CTG files are deleted after you delete the 3 items from the treeview. Also you can add a kind of "ArrayDisplay" like I did, it will show you what's the content of your 3D array before, then after deletion.

Good luck :)