RunAs Adminstrator not working

So I created this script, but when running it nothing happens.

what did I do wrong?

This my script:

#include <AutoItConstants.au3>

vms()

Func vms()
    ; Change the username and password to the appropriate values for your system.
    Local $sUserName = "user"
    Local $sPassword = "password"

Local $iPID = RunAs($sUserName, @ComputerName, $sPassword, $RUN_LOGON_PROFILE,"C:\Program Files\iVMS-4200 Station\iVMS-4200\iVMS-4200 Client\iVMS-4200.exe"," ", @SW_SHOWMAXIMIZED)

EndFunc   ;==>vms

Hi @galvatec, and welcome to the AutoIt forums :welcome:

Did you check the following in the Help file?

Remarks

Paths with spaces need to be enclosed in quotation marks.

It is important to specify a working directory the user you are running as has access to, otherwise the function will fail.

Try to enclose your file path in quotation marks, and try it again :)

P.S.: Use the standard font and use the <> Code Tag to post some code in your thread; that will make the post more readable :)

Edited by FrancescoDiMuro

Click here to see my signature:

Spoiler

ALWAYS GOOD TO READ:

• Developers

Guess this needs to run in x64 mode...so are you doing that?

What is the returncode and @error from the run?

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Many thanks for the reply.

@FrancescoDiMuro I wasn't sure about the quotes on the way with spaces, so I redid the way it is in the code below, please let me know if this is correct as it hasn't worked yet. I set the working directory using the directory we use here in the company that is 😄 \ Support is it correct to put the work directory in this way in the code?
Regarding the source for posting the code I used the AutoIT font because I copied the text there, can you change the font?
Please forgive me my ignorance I am new to the forum and AutoIT.

@Jos Regarding running on x64 I don't know how to do that, could you show me?

Local $ IPID = RunAs ($ sUserName, @ComputerName, $ sPassword, $ RUN_LOGON_PROFILE, "C: \ Program" "Files \ iVMS-4200" "Estação \ iVMS-4200 \ iVMS-4200" "Client \ iVMS-4200. exe "," 😄 \ Suporte ", @SW_SHOWMAXIMIZED)

>

• Developers
28 minutes ago, galvatec said:

I don't know how to do that, could you show me?

Did you check the helpfile? ...guess not!  :)

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Developers

No idea what you are telling me:  Your question was about x64 and now you talk about Working directory?

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

I am confused because this script works, even without changing as x64 settings

<     

RunAs("alfreire", @ComputerName, "28437620", $RUN_LOGON_PROFILE,'"C:\Program Files (x86)\teraterm\ttermpro.exe"',"",     @SW_SHOWMAXIMIZED)
>

However this script does not work and not the error message.

<

RunAs("alfreire", @ComputerName, "28437620", $RUN_LOGON_PROFILE,'"C:\Program Files (x86)\iVMS-4200 Station\iVMS-4200\iVMS-4200 Client\iVMS-4200.exe"',"", @SW_SHOWMAXIMIZED)

>

Estou confuso porque esse script funciona, mesmo sem alterar as configurações do x64

<

RunAs ("alférire", @Nome_do_Computador, "28437620", $ RUN_LOGON_PROFILE, '"C: \ Arquivos de Programas (x86) \ teraterm \ ttermpro.exe"', "", @SW_SHOWMAXIMIZED)

>

No entanto, este script não funciona e não a mensagem de erro.

<

RunAs ("alférire", @Nome do Computador, "28437620", $ RUN_LOGON_PROFILE, '"C: \ Arquivos de Programas (x86) \ iVMS-4200 Estação \ iVMS-4200 \ iVMS-4200 Client \ iVMS -4200.exe "'," ", @SW_SHOWMAXIMIZED)

>

• Developers

Please stick to one thread and one version of the script !

Merged and let this be the last intervention as I get tired of having to clean up stuff.

Jos

Edited by Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Developers

We don't t remove topics. Just bring it back on track, as you derailed it, by asking what it is you really want to know.

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

I'm confused because this script works even without changing x64 settings

<

RunAs ("alfreire", @ComputerName, "28437620", $ RUN_LOGON_PROFILE, "" 😄 \ Program Files (x86) \ teraterm \ ttermpro.exe "'," "@SW_SHOWMAXIMIZED) >  

However, this script does not work and not the error message.

<

#include <AutoItConstants.au3>  RunAs ("alfireire", @Computer Name, "28437620", $ RUN_LOGON_PROFILE, '"C: \ Program Files (x86) \ iVMS-4200 Station \ iVMS-4200 \ iVMS-4200 Client \ iVMS -4200.exe" ', "" @SW_SHOWMAXIMIZED)

>

I need to know why the second script doesn't work, it conforms to what is shown in the help file and doesn't work.

• Developers
23 minutes ago, galvatec said:
RunAs ("alfireire", @Computer Name, "28437620", $ RUN_LOGON_PROFILE, '"C: \ Program Files (x86) \ iVMS-4200 Station \ iVMS-4200 \ iVMS-4200 Client \ iVMS -4200.exe" ', "" @SW_SHOWMAXIMIZED)

This will never work as it contains a syntax error and it has spaces all over the place, so what is the exact fully qualified path+filename for the exe?

Something like this should be closer to what you need, but update the path so it is correct:

RunAs ("alfireire", @ComputerName, "28437620", $ RUN_LOGON_PROFILE, "C:\Program Files (x86)\iVMS-4200 Station\iVMS-4200\iVMS-4200 Client\iVMS-4200.exe", "C:\Program Files (x86)\iVMS-4200 Station\iVMS-4200\iVMS-4200 Client", @SW_SHOWMAXIMIZED)

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Developers

Just answer my question:

15 minutes ago, Jos said:

so what is the exact fully qualified path+filename for the exe?

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.