Just a ask

i use ControlCommand now very mutch .. it's very nice .. but i must gamble the varibale name ..can make autoIT some list with variablename's ?

can you only set an varibale .. ? or can you read it too ? yes ofc but how ? :P Thanks jaenster

-jaenster

-jaenster

i use ControlCommand now very mutch .. it's very nice .. but i must gamble the varibale name ..can make autoIT some list with variablename's ?

can you only set an varibale .. ? or can you read it too ? yes ofc but how ? :P Thanks jaenster

-jaenster

you just use the variable to read from it:

$variable = "This is the value in the variable"
MsgBox(0,"Title",$variable)

lol i know .. but i dont mean that .. you know controlcommand ?

controlcommand("diablo","","","ping",'2342')

No i write in var ping 2342

But i wanna read a var

you want to read the text already in the control? If that's what you're trying to do, use ControlGetText()

From the help file, the format of the ControlCommand function is:

ControlCommand ( "title", "text", controlID, "command", "option" )

you have the following in your script:

controlcommand("diablo","","","ping",'2342')

From what I see, you are sending 'ping' to the window 'diablo'. The '2342' is not a valid option string.

What exactly are you trying to accomplish?

“Give a man a script; you have helped him for today. Teach a man to script; and you will not have to hear him whine for help.”AutoIt4UE - Custom AutoIt toolbar and wordfile for UltraEdit/UEStudio users.AutoIt Graphical Debugger - A graphical debugger for AutoIt.SimMetrics COM Wrapper - Calculate string similarity.

This thread needs to be moved to the Support Forum. It shouldnt have been brought here.

AutoIt Links

File-String Hash Plugin Updated! 04-02-2008 Plugins have been discontinued. I just found out.

ComputerGetInfo UDF's Updated! 11-23-2006

External Links

Vortex Revolutions Engineer / Inventor (Web, Desktop, and Mobile Applications, Hardware Gizmos, Consulting, and more)

ok, im gonna take a guess....

i think he plays 'Diablo' or 'Diablo II' (some fun online games) and he wants to ping the server he's on...donno why...i hope this helps to answer his question

try using looking in the help file for "Ping"

example:

ping("1.1.1.1",250)
Edited by cdkid
AutoIt Console written in C#. Write au3 code right at the console :D_FileWriteToLineWrite to a specific line in a file.My UDF Libraries: MySQL UDF Library version 1.6 MySQL Database UDF's for AutoItI have stopped updating the MySQL thread above, all future updates will be on my SVN. The svn location is:kan2.sytes.net/publicsvn/mysqlnote: This will still be available, but due to my new job, and school hours, am no longer developing this udf.My business: www.hirethebrain.com Hire The Brain HireTheBrain.com Computer Consulting, Design, Assembly and RepairOh no! I've commited Scriptocide!

You need to be more descriptive than 'ping is some var in the game'. What does that mean? Are you sending text to a command line in a game, or sending text to a specific control in a game? What is the name of the control? Do it actually have a name, or do you have to send the text to the program window.

We need more information to help you. Tell us as if you were telling a grandparent.

“Give a man a script; you have helped him for today. Teach a man to script; and you will not have to hear him whine for help.”AutoIt4UE - Custom AutoIt toolbar and wordfile for UltraEdit/UEStudio users.AutoIt Graphical Debugger - A graphical debugger for AutoIt.SimMetrics COM Wrapper - Calculate string similarity.