Where is WinAPIgdi.au3??

I'm attempting to install Scite on a backup laptop using Scite4AutoIt3.exe (the only Scite installer that I can find).

It produces an error during the install process with the following text:

Line 48 (File "C:\Program Files (x86)\AutpIt3\SciTE\SciTEConfig\SciTEConfig.au3"):

#Include <WinApiGdi.au3>

Error: Error Opening the file

I searched my computer and this file does not even exist.

I googled "WinApiGdi.au3" and I did not find a links or downloads for it.

Can someone point me to where I can download or copy/paste it into notepad ?

Thanks

That's part of the AutoIt package. Which version of AutoIt do you run?

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

I'm sure you can't combine an old version of AutoIt and the latest SciTE editor.
AutoIt 3.3.8.1 is from 12.06.2016. So I think you need to install SciTE from 2016 too.
Find old SciTE versions here: https://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/scite/download/archive/

I would start with v16.612.1119.0-SciTE4AutoIt3.exe

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

• Moderators

AutoitMike,

You are looking to install a 7 year old version of AutoIt and you are surprised that the current SciTE does not function properly with it? A lot of the utilities included with SciTE4Autoit3 are written in AutoIt and so mirror the development of AutoIt itself. Hence the problem when you try to "mix" releases. 

I suggest you simply copy over the contents of your "current" AutoIt3 installation folder to your "backup" laptop - that way you should get a mirror of your installation. That release was so long ago I cannot remember if there are any other folders that need to be copied as well - possibly anything in your user folder under the "C:\Users\###\AppData\Local\AutoIt v3\SciTE" path. Then you should get the same installation as you have now - massively out-of-date, but functional.

m23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

I copied everything from the Scite folder to my backup laptop.

I still ran into a problem.

I manually entered the code:

WinActivate("{titleBarName}","")

It does not produce an error , however, the window does not get activated.

Why were functions deleted?? I took advantage of a function and now it is deleted. The entire idea of purchasing a second laptop was to make it as a Backup machine in case my current laptop dies. I already got "There was an error recovering from hibernation mode". Thankfully, restarting from a clean boot fixed this issue. I really dont want to re invent my code just to go to something newer. I firmly believe in "If it aint broke, dont fix it!"

It seems that all I need is winapigdi.au3. Is this not available?

Can I actually just copy my Autoit folder over to my backup laptop without performing an actuall install?

Thanks for the help

I installed SciTE 14.801.2025.0-SciTE4Autoit3.exe.  "About SciTE" says it is 3.4.4

It looks like I am good to go.

Thanks ever so much for pointing me to the archive for Scite.

If I ever do any outside automation programming I will start with the latest Versions

You can run multiple versions of AutoIt without uninstalling the latest version, or installing older versions.  I have old versions for bug fixing old script without having to rewrite them.  You can have the latest version installed, and get the older version zip files from the archive.  You can then extract them to a directory you want to use them.  I prefer the AutoIt installation directory with the version number for folder name.  You can then use the #AutoIt3Wrapper_Autoit3Dir to tell SciTE which version of AutoIt to use in what file directory.  SciTE will then use some of the components for that version, Au3Check, etc.  Now the help file will not work directly, but you can access it from the directory for the version you are using.  Examples below.  

;~ #AutoIt3Wrapper_Autoit3Dir=C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\3.3.8.1  ;Optionally override the AutoIt3 install directory to use.
;~ #AutoIt3Wrapper_Autoit3Dir=C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\3.3.12.0  ;Optionally override the AutoIt3 install directory to use.
;~ #AutoIt3Wrapper_Autoit3Dir=C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\3.3.14.2  ;Optionally override the AutoIt3 install directory to use.
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Autoit3Dir=C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\3.3.14.5  ;Optionally override the AutoIt3 install directory to use.

Adam