Dynamically waiting for new tab to load when clicking javascript onclick event??

bailey1274

So my problem here is that I cannot think of any approach other than just an overkill of sleep to solve this. I have an onclick event that opens a new tab and I want to do some stuff on the new page being opened, no href or url is given. I'm using IEAttach after a sleep of 10 seconds which for the most part works but occasionally it does not because the page stays in a loading state for longer than that and since the URL is the same as the page before I have to use the 'text' option in order to successfully attach it. I can't use IELoadwait due to not having used IEAttach yet so I am not sure how to handle this. Is there any way to check the state of the browsers current page and proceed once we know the new page has actually been loaded?

@@ Trace(501) :            If $bIsBrowser Then
2019-09-27 15:58:40 : Setup stored procedure:AA_UPDT_EXEC_LAST_ACCESS_DATE:>Error code: 0

@@ Trace(503) :                Switch $sMode
2019-09-27 15:58:40 : Setup stored procedure:AA_UPDT_EXEC_LAST_ACCESS_DATE:>Error code: 0

@@ Trace(581) :                        If StringInStr($oWindow.document.body.innerText, $sString) > 0 Then
2019-09-27 15:58:40 : Setup stored procedure:AA_UPDT_EXEC_LAST_ACCESS_DATE:--> COM Error Encountered in Script1
2019-09-27 15:58:40 : Setup stored procedure:AA_UPDT_EXEC_LAST_ACCESS_DATE:----> $ErrScriptline = 581
2019-09-27 15:58:40 : Setup stored procedure:AA_UPDT_EXEC_LAST_ACCESS_DATE:----> $ErrNumberHex  = 00000004
2019-09-27 15:58:40 : Setup stored procedure:AA_UPDT_EXEC_LAST_ACCESS_DATE:----> $ErrNumber     = 4
2019-09-27 15:58:40 : Setup stored procedure:AA_UPDT_EXEC_LAST_ACCESS_DATE:----> $ErrWinDescr   = NULL Pointer assignment
2019-09-27 15:58:40 : Setup stored procedure:AA_UPDT_EXEC_LAST_ACCESS_DATE:----> $ErrDescr      = 
2019-09-27 15:58:40 : Setup stored procedure:AA_UPDT_EXEC_LAST_ACCESS_DATE:----> $ErrSource     = 
2019-09-27 15:58:40 : Setup stored procedure:AA_UPDT_EXEC_LAST_ACCESS_DATE:----> $ErrHelpFile   = 
2019-09-27 15:58:40 : Setup stored procedure:AA_UPDT_EXEC_LAST_ACCESS_DATE:----> $ErrHelpContext= 
2019-09-27 15:58:40 : Setup stored procedure:AA_UPDT_EXEC_LAST_ACCESS_DATE:----> $ErrLastDllErr = 0

It's consitently on the 15th iteration of loading the new page.. anyone have ideas on why this could be occuring??

Edited by bailey1274

Try printing what oWindow.document.body.innertext is before checking if there is a string in it. Could it be that the string is empty on the 15 _IEAttach each time?

All my code provided is Public Domain... but it may not work. ;) Use it, change it, break it, whatever you want.

Spoiler

My Humble Contributions:
Personal Function Documentation - A personal HelpFile for your functions
Acro.au3 UDF - Automating Acrobat Pro
ToDo Finder - Find #ToDo: lines in your scripts
UI-SimpleWrappers UDF - Use UI Automation more Simply-er
KeePass UDF - Automate KeePass, a password manager
InputBoxes - Simple Input boxes for various variable types

I ended up figuring out what it was after some trial and error. Turns out the readystate for the window was not complete. I'm guessing since the body of the document or the document itself was not available it was causing the error to occur at the Line where it checks the body for the text input criteria. I had to pull the function out locally and add a small check to make sure the $oWindow.readystate was complete before proceeding and it now works. If anyone else happens to stumble on this error then something like this should work. 

Case "html"
    While $oWindow.readystate <> 'complete' and $oWindow.readystate <> 4
        ConsoleWrite('readystate sleep')
        Sleep(2000)
    WEnd
    If StringInStr($oWindow.document.body.innerHTML, $sString) > 0 Then
        If $iInstance = $iTmp Then
            Return SetError($_IESTATUS_Success, 0, $oWindow)
        Else
            $iTmp += 1
        EndIf
    EndIf