random while??? - (Moved)

Hi guys!

I need some help here, is there a way to use Random with While? 

I need this script to run in between 1 and 4 times but I dont know how to do it, can you please help me?

dim $i=1
While $i<=4
Sleep(3000)
Send("{LWINDOWN}r{LWINUP}")
Sleep(3000)
Send("C:\Users\123\Catalogos\tags.txt{ENTER}")
Sleep(3000)
WinActivate("tags: Bloc de notas","")
Sleep(3000)
Send("{SHIFTDOWN}{END}{SHIFTUP}{CTRLDOWN}c{CTRLUP}{DEL}{DEL}")
Sleep(3000)
Send("{CTRLDOWN}g{CTRLUP}{ALTDOWN}{F4}{ALTUP}")
Sleep(3000)
Send("{CTRLDOWN}v{CTRLUP}{SPACE}")
$i=$i+1
WEnd

• Developers

Moved to the appropriate forum, as the AutoIt Example Scripts forum very clearly states:

Share your cool AutoIt scripts, UDFs and applications with others.

Do not post general support questions here, instead use the AutoIt Help and Support forums.

Moderation Team

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

The answer is in the title of your thread :)
Replace the upper limit of your While with the Random function.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

The start value of your While loop is 1 (lower limit), the end value is 4 (upper limit).
So replace 4 with the Random function.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

yo  mean like this? but i still need it to be a loop when it gets more than 1 like in 2,3,4

Random(1, 4)

Sleep(3000)
Sleep(3000)
Sleep(3000)
Sleep(3000)
Sleep(3000)
Sleep(3000)
Next

Please re-read my last post and you will see that you still need the While statement and need to replace the end value as I described.
Not too hard, isn't it ;)

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

• Developers

Did you actually open the helpfile and check the information for the random() function and have you tried to understand it?

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Developers

Well I don't think you really did as example 3 shows a For..Next loop with the exact thing you are asking for. ;) 
Try again and this time take the time to understand how that example works.

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Well I'm having a hard time writing down my first script I just wanted some help here, I've seen that you need to to type the script and in base of that you ask your questions and you write the possible answers...

I don't know how to do it Can someone please help me with a written example?? If this is to much to ask? 

• Developers
1 minute ago, Garrik said:

Well I'm having a hard time writing down my first script I just wanted some help here, I've seen that you need to to type the script and in base of that you ask your questions and you write the possible answers...

I don't know how to do it Can someone please help me with a written example?? If this is to much to ask? 

Well It can't be that you have even looked closer at what I pointed you to and tried something in these 8 minutes between my and your post. Just cut&pasting a piece of script written by you or somebody else and then expecting us to jump to attention and coding it for you is not the way it works here.  

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Another question: Can you please tell us what you try to do with your script?
Using Send is not very reliable as it might interfere with user actions.
Why do you need Random() at all?

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

thanks for answering me,

what this script do is coping some words from a notepad, but as you can see always copy 4 times I need it to randomly do it between 1 and 4 times

dim $i=1
While $i<=4
Sleep(3000)
Sleep(3000)
Sleep(3000)
Sleep(3000)
Sleep(3000)
Sleep(3000)
$i=$i+1
WEnd

Global $i = 1
Global $EndValue = Random(1, 4)
While $i <= $EndValue
    Sleep(3000)
    Sleep(3000)
    Sleep(3000)
    WinActivate("tags: Bloc de notas", "")
    Sleep(3000)
    Sleep(3000)
    Sleep(3000)
    $i = $i + 1
WEnd

Wasn't too hard, was it?

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

• Developers

@Garrik,

Sad to see the zero effort approach.
It won't get you far when you are unwilling to take direction and learn yourself, but that is your choice.

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Is not that, like I said Im not that expierenced, Im trying to learn by examples applied in what I do, Im sorry if I bother all of you Im just trying yo learn, and as I sayed I did that script by my self.

Now you just said that "send" is not the best option...

I'll see what can I do to change it.

And again thanks for helping!

Edited by Garrik

@garrik

Let's start by answering this question: How does one select a random number?

Answer:

https://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/docs/functions/Random.htm

Alright next question: How does one put the randomly selected number into a variable?

Answer:

https://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/docs/functions/Random.htm

Next question: How does one use that variable to determine how many times to loop?

Answer:

Look at your code! *OR: https://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/docs/functions/Random.htm

Edited by rm4453