track download progress?

dbecker

I'm able to grab an app from a website and run it, but I want to track the download's progress with a progress bar. I don't know how to feed the information about the download to the progress bar. anyone have any ideas?

MsgBox (0,"","Please wait for the download to finish")
     InetGet("http://genericwebsite.com/xppatch.exe", "XPPatch.exe", 1, 0)
    ;----------------------Download progress bar updater
     While @InetGetActive
     $Progress_1=ProgressOn ("Download Progress", "Tracking Download Progress")
     $currentsspercent = @InetGetBytesRead / $var3 * 100
     GUICtrlSetData ($Progress_1, $currentsspercent)
     GUICtrlSetData ($Label_1, "download in progress")
     Sleep(250)
     ProgressOff
     Wend

MsgBox (0,"Download Complete", "Click OK to run application.")
     Run ("XPPatch.exe")

"I wish I could say something that was classy and inspirational, but that just wouldn't be our style. Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory lasts forever." - Shane Falco, The Replacements

ya could just make a gui with a GuiCtrlCreateProgressBar (or something like that)

IMO it would be better then a messagebox and a ProgressOn :P

or hold on to your original idee and use ProgressSet

Edited by w0uter

My UDF's:;mem stuff_Mem;ftp stuff_FTP ( OLD );inet stuff_INetGetSource ( OLD )_INetGetImage _INetBrowse ( Collection )_EncodeUrl_NetStat_Google;random stuff_iPixelSearch_DiceRoll

ya could just make a gui with a GuiCtrlCreateProgressBar (or something like that)

IMO it would be better then a messagebox and a ProgressOn :P

or hold on to your original idee and use ProgressSet

I can make a progress bar, I just can't figure out how to have it track the download progress

"I wish I could say something that was classy and inspirational, but that just wouldn't be our style. Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory lasts forever." - Shane Falco, The Replacements

Use InetGetSize before the InetGet.

$url = "http://genericwebsite.com/xppatch.exe"
     $size = InetGetSize($url)
     MsgBox (0,"","Please wait for the download to finish")
     InetGet($url, "XPPatch.exe", 1, 0)
    ;----------------------Download progress bar updater
     ProgressOn ("Download Progress", "Tracking Download Progress")
     While @InetGetActive
          $currentsspercent = (100 * @InetGetBytesRead) / $size
          ProgressSet($currentsspercent, "download in progress")
          Sleep(250)
     Wend
     ProgressOff()

MsgBox (0,"Download Complete", "Click OK to run application.")
     Run ("XPPatch.exe")

Changes: Added $url & InetGetSize, changed the percent calculation, added ProgressSet, moved the ProgressOn and ProgressOff outside the while, deleted $Progress_1 (not needed).

Edited by c0deWorm

My UDFs: ExitCodes

• 2 weeks later...

OHKAY, I haven't been able to work on this for the last week or so, but i"m back. this is where I'm at so far. previously, I was able to have it download, but the progressbar wouldn't display anything. Then I decided to try to make a separate GUI for the progress. I know that the text doesn't fit in the buttons perfectly but that can be fixed later. Where it is now it won't download the file, and especially doesn't display anything. Also, I don't really know how child/parent windows work, so when this gui is closed it closes the parent window, and i"m not sure how to fix that. can anyone help me?

Select
      Case $msg = $tab1XPPatch 
         $url = "http://www.genericurl.com/xppatch.exe"
       GUICreate ("Downloading", 300,120)
       $progress = GUICtrlCreateProgress (10,40,280,20)
       $buttonstart = GUICtrlCreateButton ("Start Download",75,80,70,20)
       $buttonrun = GUICtrlCreateButton ("Run Installer",150,80,70,20)
       $label = GUICtrlCreateLabel ("Click 'Start' to download installer",40,15,200,20)
       GUISetState ()
       Select
        Case $msg = $buttonstart
       InetGet("http://www.genericurl.com/xppatch.exe", "xppatch.exe", 1, 0)
       While @InetGetActive
           ProgressSet($currentsspercent);, "download in progress")
       Wend
        Case $msg = $buttonrun
       Run ("xppatch.exe")
        EndSelect

if need be I can post the whole thing, it will just take up a lot of space.

Edited by dbecker

You were using the progress set function. You can't do that since that only works with the progress box. The progress bar you made on your GUI is not the progress box. So you therefore must use the GUICtrlSetData(). In addition, you had the parameters wrong for inetget. You had the last parameter, the background parameter, set to zero. When this is set to zero the script pauses and won't do anything else until it is done downloading, that includes updating the progress bar. Please keep in mind that the url you currently have is broken(didn't work for me). This should fix it:

Select
      Case $msg = $tab1XPPatch
       $url = "http://per1.apu.edu:8080/reznet/xppatch.exe"
       $label = GUICtrlCreateLabel ("Click 'Start' to download installer",40,15,200,20)
       GUISetState ()
       Select
        Case $msg = $buttonstart
       InetGet($url, @scriptdir & "\xppatch.exe", 0, 1)
       While @InetGetActive
           GUICtrlSetData($progress, $currentsspercent);, "download in progress")
       Wend
        Case $msg = $buttonrun
       Run (@scriptdir & "\xppatch.exe")
       EndSelect

"So man has sown the wind and reaped the world. Perhaps in the next few hours there will no remembrance of the past and no hope for the future that might have been." & _"All the works of man will be consumed in the great fire after which he was created." & _"And if there is a future for man, insensitive as he is, proud and defiant in his pursuit of power, let him resolve to live it lovingly, for he knows well how to do so." & _"Then he may say once more, 'Truly the light is sweet, and what a pleasant thing it is for the eyes to see the sun.'" - The Day the Earth Caught Fire

actually the link is good, but it's only accesible from inside our network. However, it still isn't working. When I click the "start download" button nothing happens, and it does not grab the file. Also it still closes the parent window when the new gui is closed. I'll just put the full text of the script:

#include <GUIConstants.au3>
#include <Array.au3>
Dim $diagnose[28]
Dim $n = 1
ProgressOn ("Now Diagnosing...","Please wait for the scan to finish")
If NOT RegRead ("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\HotFix\KB873333", "Installed") then
$diagnose[$n] = "Windows Update KB873333       Required"
$n = $n + 1
EndIf
ProgressSet (4)
If NOT RegRead ("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\HotFix\KB885250", "Installed") then 
$diagnose[$n] = "Windows Update KB885250       Required"
$n = $n + 1
EndIf
ProgressSet (8)
If NOT RegRead ("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\HotFix\KB886185", "Installed") then 
$diagnose[$n] = "Windows Update KB886185       Required"
$n = $n + 1
EndIf
ProgressSet (12)
If NOT RegRead ("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\HotFix\KB888113", "Installed") then 
$diagnose[$n] = "Windows Update KB888113       Required"
$n = $n + 1
EndIf
ProgressSet (16) 
If NOT RegRead ("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\HotFix\KB891781", "Installed") then 
$diagnose[$n] = "Windows Update KB891781       Required"
$n = $n + 1
EndIf
ProgressSet (20)
If NOT RegRead ("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\HotFix\KB893066", "Installed") then 
$diagnose[$n] = "Windows Update KB893066       Required"
$n = $n + 1
EndIf
ProgressSet (24)
If NOT RegRead ("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\HotFix\KB896358", "Installed") then 
$diagnose[$n] = "Windows Update KB896358       Required"
$n = $n + 1
EndIf
ProgressSet (28)
If NOT RegRead ("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\HotFix\KB896422", "Installed") then 
$diagnose[$n] = "Windows Update KB896422       Required"
$n = $n + 1
EndIf
ProgressSet (32)
If NOT RegRead ("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\HotFix\KB896423", "Installed") then 
$diagnose[$n] = "Windows Update KB896423       Required"
$n = $n + 1
EndIf
ProgressSet (36)
If NOT RegRead ("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\HotFix\KB896424", "Installed") then 
$diagnose[$n] = "Windows Update KB896424       Required"
$n = $n + 1
EndIf
ProgressSet (40)
If NOT RegRead ("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\HotFix\KB896688", "Installed") then 
$diagnose[$n] = "Windows Update KB896688       Required"
$n = $n + 1
EndIf
ProgressSet (43)
If NOT RegRead ("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\HotFix\KB896727", "Installed") then 
$diagnose[$n] = "Windows Update KB896727       Required"
$n = $n + 1
EndIf
ProgressSet (45)
If NOT RegRead ("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\HotFix\KB899588", "Installed") then 
$diagnose[$n] = "Windows Update KB899588       Required"
$n = $n + 1
EndIf
ProgressSet (47)
If NOT RegRead ("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\HotFix\KB899589", "Installed") then 
$diagnose[$n] = "Windows Update KB899589       Required"
$n = $n + 1
EndIf
Sleep (200)
ProgressSet (50)
If NOT RegRead ("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\HotFix\KB900725", "Installed") then 
$diagnose[$n] = "Windows Update KB900725       Required"
$n = $n + 1
EndIf
Sleep (200)
ProgressSet (54)
If NOT RegRead ("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\HotFix\KB901017", "Installed") then 
$diagnose[$n] = "Windows Update KB901017       Required"
$n = $n + 1
EndIf
Sleep (200)
ProgressSet (57)
If NOT RegRead ("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\HotFix\KB901214", "Installed") then 
$diagnose[$n] = "Windows Update KB901214       Required"
$n = $n + 1
EndIf
Sleep (200)
ProgressSet (61)
If NOT RegRead ("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\HotFix\KB902400", "Installed") then 
$diagnose[$n] = "Windows Update KB902400       Required"
$n = $n + 1
EndIf
Sleep (200)
ProgressSet (64)
If NOT RegRead ("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\HotFix\KB904706", "Installed") then 
$diagnose[$n] = "Windows Update KB904706       Required"
$n = $n + 1
EndIf
Sleep (200)
ProgressSet (68)
If NOT RegRead ("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\HotFix\KB905414", "Installed") then 
$diagnose[$n] = "Windows Update KB905414       Required"
$n = $n + 1
EndIf
Sleep (200)
ProgressSet (71)
If NOT RegRead ("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\HotFix\KB905749", "Installed") then 
$diagnose[$n] = "Windows Update KB905749       Required"
$n = $n + 1
EndIf
Sleep (200)
ProgressSet (75)
If NOT FileExists ("C:\Program Files\Symantec AntiVirus\VPTray.exe") then
$diagnose[$n] = "Norton Anti-Virus           Required"
$n = $n + 1
EndIf
Sleep (200)
ProgressSet (82)
If NOT FileExists ("C:\Program Files\Cisco Systems\Clean Access Agent\CCAAgent.exe") then 
$diagnose[$n] = "Cisco Clean Access Agent     Required"
$n = $n + 1
EndIf
Sleep (200)
ProgressSet (86)
If NOT FileExists ("C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe") Then 
$diagnose[$n] = "Mozilla Firefox               Optional"
$n = $n + 1
EndIf
Sleep (200)
ProgressSet (89)
If NOT FileExists ("C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\SpybotSD.exe") Then 
$diagnose[$n] = "Spy-Bot Search and Destroy Optional"
$n = $n + 1
EndIf
Sleep (200)
ProgressSet (93)
If NOT FileExists ("C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware SE Personal\Ad-Aware.exe") Then 
$diagnose[$n] = "Ad-Aware SE Personal         Optional"
$n = $n + 1
EndIf
Sleep (200)
ProgressSet (96)
If NOT FileExists ("C:\WINDOWS\Driver Cache\i386\sp2.cab") Then 
$diagnose[$n] = "WindowsXP Service Pack2       Required"
$n = $n + 1
EndIf
Sleep (200)
ProgressSet (97)
If NOT FileExists ("C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 6.0\Reader\AcroRd32.exe") Then
$diagnose[$n] = "Adobe Acrobat Reader 6.0     Optional"
$n = $n + 1
EndIf
Sleep (200)
ProgressSet (98)
If NOT FileExists ("C:\Program Files\Trillian\trillian.exe") Then 
$diagnose[$n] = "Trillian Instant Messenger Optional"
$n = $n + 1
EndIf
Sleep (200)
ProgressSet (100)
ProgressOff()

DirCreate ("C:\Ubertor Patch")
DirCreate ("C:\WINDOWS\system32\oobe\images\IMT")
GUICreate("The RezNet Setup Application",640,480); will create a dialog box that when displayed is centered
FileInstall ("C:\Documents and Settings\David Becker\My Documents\Work\Ubertor Patch\imtlogo.jpg", "C:\WINDOWS\system32\oobe\images\IMT\imtlogo.jpg")
FileInstall ("C:\Documents and Settings\David Becker\My Documents\Work\Ubertor Patch\HelpFile.html", "C:\Ubertor Patch\HelpFile.html")
FileInstall ("C:\Documents and Settings\David Becker\My Documents\Work\Ubertor Patch\Updating_Symantec_Antivirus.html", "C:\Ubertor Patch\Updating_Symantec_Antivirus.html")
FileInstall ("C:\Documents and Settings\David Becker\My Documents\Work\Ubertor Patch\start.jpg", "C:\Ubertor Patch\start.jpg")
FileInstall ("C:\Documents and Settings\David Becker\My Documents\Work\Ubertor Patch\end.jpg", "C:\Ubertor Patch\end.jpg")
FileInstall ("C:\Documents and Settings\David Becker\My Documents\Work\Ubertor Patch\finish.jpg", "C:\Ubertor Patch\finish.jpg")
FileInstall ("C:\Documents and Settings\David Becker\My Documents\Work\Ubertor Patch\LiveUpdate.jpg", "C:\Ubertor Patch\LiveUpdate.jpg")
FileInstall ("C:\Documents and Settings\David Becker\My Documents\Work\Ubertor Patch\main.jpg", "C:\Ubertor Patch\main.jpg")
FileInstall ("C:\Documents and Settings\David Becker\My Documents\Work\Ubertor Patch\tray.jpg", "C:\Ubertor Patch\tray.jpg")
FileInstall ("C:\Documents and Settings\David Becker\My Documents\Work\Ubertor Patch\updating.jpg", "C:\Ubertor Patch\updating.jpg")
FileInstall ("C:\Documents and Settings\David Becker\My Documents\Work\Ubertor Patch\windows.jpg", "C:\WINDOWS\system32\oobe\images\IMT\windows.jpg")
FileInstall ("C:\Documents and Settings\David Becker\My Documents\Work\Ubertor Patch\symantec.jpg", "C:\WINDOWS\system32\oobe\images\IMT\symantec.jpg")
FileInstall ("C:\Documents and Settings\David Becker\My Documents\Work\Ubertor Patch\firefox.jpg", "C:\WINDOWS\system32\oobe\images\IMT\firefox.jpg")
FileInstall ("C:\Documents and Settings\David Becker\My Documents\Work\Ubertor Patch\ccaa.jpg", "C:\WINDOWS\system32\oobe\images\IMT\ccaa.jpg")
FileInstall ("C:\Documents and Settings\David Becker\My Documents\Work\Ubertor Patch\sbsdlogo.jpg", "C:\WINDOWS\system32\oobe\images\IMT\sbsdlogo.jpg")
FileInstall ("C:\Documents and Settings\David Becker\My Documents\Work\Ubertor Patch\adobereader.jpg", "C:\WINDOWS\system32\oobe\images\IMT\adobereader.jpg")
FileInstall ("C:\Documents and Settings\David Becker\My Documents\Work\Ubertor Patch\trillian.jpg", "C:\WINDOWS\system32\oobe\images\IMT\trillian.jpg")
FileInstall ("C:\Documents and Settings\David Becker\My Documents\Work\Ubertor Patch\adaware.jpg", "C:\WINDOWS\system32\oobe\images\IMT\adaware.jpg")
FileInstall ("C:\Documents and Settings\David Becker\My Documents\Work\Ubertor Patch\apulogoteal.jpg", "C:\Windows\system32\oobe\images\IMT\apulogoteal.jpg")
FileInstall ("C:\Documents and Settings\David Becker\My Documents\Work\Ubertor Patch\bar.jpg", "C:\Windows\system32\oobe\images\IMT\bar.jpg")

GUISetFont(9, 300)
GUISetBkColor(0x415A57)
$tab=GUICtrlCreateTab (0,0,640,25)
GUICtrlSetColor (-1, 0xB1B1AD)
$tab0=GUICtrlCreateTabitem ("Scan Results")
$tab0imtpic=GUICtrlCreatePic(@Systemdir & "\oobe\images\IMT\imtlogo.jpg",320,26,320,237)
$tab0apupic=GUICtrlCreatePic(@Systemdir & "\oobe\images\IMT\apulogoteal.jpg",198,385,122,78)
$tab0scanlabel=GUICtrlCreateLabel ("The programs and updates that you need are listed below.",320,267,320,20)

Local $List = ''
For $I = 1 To $N - 1
    $List = $List & $Diagnose[$I] & @CRLF
Next
$Font = "Times New Roman Bold"
$Tab0Edit = GUICtrlCreateEdit($List,320,285,320,152, $ES_AUTOVSCROLL + $WS_VSCROLL)
GUISetBkColor (-1, 0x415A57)
$tab0ReScan=GUICtrlCreateButton ("Re-Scan",320,436,320,25)
$tab0InstructionsLabel=GUICtrlCreateLabel ("Instructions:",1,26,320,20)
GUICtrlSetFont ($tab0InstructionsLabel,15,450,0,$Font)
$tab0InfoLabel=GUICtrlCreateLabel ("Use the scan results provided to determine what needs are still required by the machine being serviced. Then proceed to the 'Required Programs and Updates' tab to get the required items, and to the 'Optional Programs' tab to get the programs that are not required, but still helpful.",0,48,320,450)
GUICtrlSetFont ($tab0InfoLabel,11,150,0,$Font)
;$tab0datelabel=GUICtrlCreateLabel ("This data on this cd, particularly the updates, are current through January 6th, 2006.",0,415,200,60)

$tab1=GUICtrlCreateTabitem ("Required Updates and Programs")
$tab1imtpic=GUICtrlCreatePic(@Systemdir & "\oobe\images\IMT\imtlogo.jpg",320,26,320,237)
$tab1Edit = GUICtrlCreateEdit("",320,263,320,220,$ES_MULTILINE + $ES_AUTOVSCROLL + $WS_EX_TRANSPARENT)

$tab1XPPatchLabel=GUICtrlCreateLabel ("1. Install Required Windows Updates",80,32,240,20,$SS_CENTER)
GUICtrlSetFont ($tab1XPPatchLabel,10,400,0,$Font)
$tab1windowspic=GUICtrlCreatePic(@Systemdir & "\oobe\images\IMT\windows.jpg",0,26,80,90)
$tab1XPPatch=GUICtrlCreateButton ("Install",80,51,240,30)
$tab1XPPatchInfo=GUICtrlCreateButton ("Information",80,81,240,30)

$tab1barpic=GUICtrlCreatePic(@Systemdir & "\oobe\images\IMT\bar.jpg",0,115,320,3)
$tab1SP2Label=GUICtrlCreateLabel ("2. Install Windows XP Service Pack 2",80,126,240,20,$SS_CENTER)
GUICtrlSetFont ($tab1SP2Label,10,400,0,$Font)
$tab1SP2=GUICtrlCreateButton ("Install",80,146,240,30)
$tab1SP2Info=GUICtrlCreateButton ("Information",80,176,240,30)

$tab1CCAALabel=GUICtrlCreatelabel ("3. Install Cisco Clean Access Agent",80,221,240,20,$SS_CENTER)
GUICtrlSetFont ($tab1CCAALabel,10,400,0,$Font)
$tab1ccaapic=GUICtrlCreatePic(@Systemdir & "\oobe\images\IMT\ccaa.jpg",0,211,80,97)
$tab1barpic=GUICtrlCreatePic(@Systemdir & "\oobe\images\IMT\bar.jpg",0,210,320,3)
$tab1CCAA=GUICtrlCreateButton ("Install",80,241,240,30)
$tab1CCAAInfo=GUICtrlCreateButton ("Information",80,271,240,30)

$tab1barpic=GUICtrlCreatePic(@Systemdir & "\oobe\images\IMT\bar.jpg",0,310,320,3)
$tab1NortonLabel=GUICtrlCreateLabel ("4. Install APU's Norton AntiVirus",80,316,240,20,$SS_CENTER)
GUICtrlSetFont ($tab1NortonLabel,10,400,0,$Font)
$tab1nortonpic=GUICtrlCreatePic(@Systemdir & "\oobe\images\IMT\symantec.jpg",0,313,80,92)
$tab1Norton=GUICtrlCreateButton ("Install",80,336,240,30)
$tab1NortonInfo=GUICtrlCreateButton ("Information",80,366,240,30)

$tab1barpic=GUICtrlCreatePic(@Systemdir & "\oobe\images\IMT\bar.jpg",0,402,320,3)
$tab1NortonUpdateLabel=GUICtrlCreateLabel ("5. Install the latest Virus Definitions",80,411,240,25,$SS_CENTER)
GUICtrlSetFont ($tab1NortonUpdateLabel,10,400,0,$Font)
$tab1NortonUpdatesInfo=GUICtrlCreateButton ("Information",80,429,240,30)

;tab2 creation
$tab2=GUICtrlCreateTabItem ("Optional Programs")
$tab2imtpic=GUICtrlCreatePic(@Systemdir & "\oobe\images\IMT\imtlogo.jpg",320,26,320,237)
$tab2Edit = GUICtrlCreateEdit("",320,263,320,220,$ES_MULTILINE + $ES_AUTOVSCROLL + $WS_EX_TRANSPARENT)

$tab2AdAwareLabel=GUICtrlCreateLabel ("1. Install Ad-Aware SE Personal",80,32,240,20,$SS_CENTER)
GUICtrlSetFont ($tab2AdAwareLabel,10,400,0,$Font)
$tab2adawarepic=GUICtrlCreatePic(@Systemdir & "\oobe\images\IMT\adaware.jpg",0,26,80,90)
$tab2AdAware=GUICtrlCreateButton ("Install",80,51,240,30)
$tab2AdAwareInfo=GUICtrlCreateButton ("Information",80,81,240,30)

$tab2barpic=GUICtrlCreatePic(@Systemdir & "\oobe\images\IMT\bar.jpg",0,115,320,3)
$tab2SpyBotLabel=GUICtrlCreatelabel ("2. Install SpyBot Search and Destroy",80,121,240,20,$SS_CENTER)
GUICtrlSetFont ($tab2SpyBotLabel,10,400,0,$Font)
$tab2sbsdpic=GUICtrlCreatePic(@Systemdir & "\oobe\images\IMT\sbsdlogo.jpg",0,119,80,90)
$tab2SpyBot=GUICtrlCreateButton ("Install",80,140,240,30)
$tab2SpyBotInfo=GUICtrlCreateButton ("Information",80,170,240,30)

$tab2barpic=GUICtrlCreatePic(@Systemdir & "\oobe\images\IMT\bar.jpg",0,204,320,3)
$tab2FireFoxLabel=GUICtrlCreateLabel ("3. Install Mozilla Firefox Version 1.5",80,211,240,20,$SS_CENTER)
GUICtrlSetFont ($tab2FireFoxLabel,10,400,0,$Font)
$tab2firefoxpic=GUICtrlCreatePic(@Systemdir & "\oobe\images\IMT\firefox.jpg",0,214,80,70)
$tab2Firefox=GUICtrlCreateButton ("Install",80,228,240,30)
$tab2FirefoxInfo=GUICtrlCreateButton ("Information",80,258,240,30)

$tab2barpic=GUICtrlCreatePic(@Systemdir & "\oobe\images\IMT\bar.jpg",0,292,320,3)
$tab2TrillianLabel=GUICtrlCreateLabel ("4. Install Trillian Instant Messenger",80,296,240,20,$SS_CENTER)
GUICtrlSetFont ($tab2TrillianLabel,10,400,0,$Font)
$tab2trillianpic=GUICtrlCreatePic(@Systemdir & "\oobe\images\IMT\trillian.jpg",0,298,80,80)
$tab2Trillian=GUICtrlCreateButton ("Install",80,315,240,30)
$tab2TrillianInfo=GUICtrlCreateButton ("Information",80,345,240,30)

$tab2barpic=GUICtrlCreatePic(@Systemdir & "\oobe\images\IMT\bar.jpg",0,381,320,3)
$tab2AcrobatLabel=GUICtrlCreateLabel ("6. Install Adobe Acrobat Reader",80,392,240,25,$SS_CENTER)
GUICtrlSetFont ($tab2AcrobatLabel,10,400,0,$Font)
$tab2adobepic=GUICtrlCreatePic(@Systemdir & "\oobe\images\IMT\adobereader.jpg",0,392,80,70)
$tab2Acrobat=GUICtrlCreateButton ("Install",80,429,240,30)
$tab2AcrobatInfo=GUICtrlCreateButton ("Information",80,410,240,27)

$tab3=GUICtrlCreateTabItem ("Additional Optional Programs")
$tab3imtpic=GUICtrlCreatePic(@Systemdir & "\oobe\images\IMT\imtlogo.jpg",320,26,320,237)
$tab3Edit = GUICtrlCreateEdit("",320,263,320,220,$ES_MULTILINE + $ES_AUTOVSCROLL + $WS_EX_TRANSPARENT)

$tab3AutoRuns=GUICtrlCreateLabel ("1. Install AutoRuns",80,32,240,20,$SS_CENTER)
GUICtrlSetFont ($tab2AdAwareLabel,10,400,0,$Font)
;$tab3adawarepic=GUICtrlCreatePic(@Systemdir & "\oobe\images\IMT\adaware.jpg",0,26,80,90)
$tab3Autoruns=GUICtrlCreateButton ("Install",80,51,240,30)
$tab3AutorunsInfo=GUICtrlCreateButton ("Information",80,81,240,30)
GUICtrlCreateTabitem ("") ; end tabitem definition

$filemenu = GUICtrlCreateMenu ("&File",-1,1)

$helpmenu = GUICtrlCreateMenu ("&Help")

$helpitem = GUICtrlCreateMenuitem ("Help",$helpmenu)
$exititem = GUICtrlCreateMenuitem ("Exit",$filemenu)
$abootitem = GUICtrlCreateMenuitem ("Aboot",$helpmenu)

GUISetState ()
Do
  $msg = GUIGetMsg ()

Select
      Case $msg = $tab1XPPatch
       $url = "http://www.genericurl.com/xppatch.exe"
       GUISetState ()
       Select
        Case $msg = $buttonstart
       InetGet($url, @scriptdir & "\xppatch.exe", 0, 1)
       While @InetGetActive
           GUICtrlSetData($progress, $currentsspercent);, "download in progress")
       Wend
        Case $msg = $buttonrun
       Run (@scriptdir & "\xppatch.exe")
       EndSelect
      Case $msg = $tab1Norton
     FileInstall ("C:\Documents and Settings\David Becker\My Documents\Work\Ubertor Patch\technician distribution\Norton 10 Installer.exe", "C:\Ubertor Patch\Norton 10 Installer.exe")
     FileInstall ("C:\Documents and Settings\David Becker\My Documents\Work\Ubertor Patch\technician distribution\Norton 10 Installer2.exe", "C:\Ubertor Patch\Norton 10 Installer2.exe")
     Run ("C:\Ubertor Patch\Norton 10 Installer2.exe")
      Case $msg = $tab2AdAware
         FileInstall ("C:\Documents and Settings\David Becker\My Documents\Work\Ubertor Patch\technician distribution\aawsepersonal.exe", "C:\Ubertor Patch\aawsepersonal.exe")
     Run ("C:\Ubertor Patch\aawsepersonal.exe")
      Case $msg = $tab1CCAA
         FileInstall ("C:\Documents and Settings\David Becker\My Documents\Work\Ubertor Patch\technician distribution\CCAAgent_Setup.exe", "C:\Ubertor Patch\CCAAgent_Setup.exe")
     Run ("C:\Ubertor Patch\CCAAgent_Setup.exe")
      Case $msg = $tab2Firefox
         FileInstall ("C:\Documents and Settings\David Becker\My Documents\Work\Ubertor Patch\technician distribution\Firefox Setup 1.5.exe", "C:\Ubertor Patch\Firefox Setup 1.5.exe")
     Run ("C:\Ubertor Patch\Firefox Setup.exe")
      Case $msg = $tab2Acrobat
         FileInstall ("C:\Documents and Settings\David Becker\My Documents\Work\Ubertor Patch\technician distribution\AcrobatSetup.exe", "C:\Ubertor Patch\AcrobatSetup.exe")
     Run ("C:\Ubertor Patch\AcrobatSetup.exe")
      Case $msg = $tab2Trillian
         FileInstall ("C:\Documents and Settings\David Becker\My Documents\Work\Ubertor Patch\technician distribution\Trillian.exe", "C:\Ubertor Patch\Trillian.exe")
     Run ("C:\Ubertor Patch\Trillian.exe")
      Case $msg = $tab2SpyBot
     FileInstall ("C:\Documents and Settings\David Becker\My Documents\Work\Ubertor Patch\technician distribution\SpyBotSD AutoInstaller.exe", "C:\Ubertor Patch\SpyBotSD AutoInstaller.exe")
     FileInstall ("C:\Documents and Settings\David Becker\My Documents\Work\Ubertor Patch\technician distribution\spybotsd14.exe", "C:\Ubertor Patch\spybotsd14.exe")
     FileInstall ("C:\Documents and Settings\David Becker\My Documents\Work\Ubertor Patch\technician distribution\spybotsdupdates.exe", "C:\Ubertor Patch\spybotsdupdates.exe")
     Run ("C:\Ubertor Patch\SpyBot AutoInstaller.exe")
      Case $msg = $tab1SP2
         FileInstall ("C:\Documents and Settings\David Becker\My Documents\Work\Ubertor Patch\technician distribution\WindowsXP-KB835935.exe", "C:\Ubertor Patch\WindowsXP-KB835935.exe")
     Run ("C:\Ubertor Patch\WindowsXP-KB835935.exe")
      Case $msg = $tab1XPPatchInfo
     GUICtrlSetData ($tab1Edit, "Windows Updates:   This program will automatically detect and install all of the post-Service Pack 2 updates that are required to access the network. If Windows XP Service Pack 2 showed up in your scan results, please install that before proceeding to these.")
      Case $msg = $tab1SP2Info
     GUICtrlSetData ($tab1Edit, "Windows XP Service Pack 2:   This is a very large package of updates and hotfixes for Windows XP. Most 'factory fresh' computers now come with it pre-installed, but if the 'Scan Results' tab indicates that you require it, please install it before proceeding to other Windows updates. Be aware that this installation will usually take between 30 minuntes and 2 hours, depending on your computer. It will require you to restart your computer once it is finished installing.")
      Case $msg = $tab1NortonInfo
         GUICtrlSetData ($tab1Edit, "Norton AntiVirus:   This is APU's corporate edition of Norton Anti-Virus. While you are required to have an antivirus program, and keep it updated, you do not necessarilly have to use ours. However, this version has a four-year subscription with it to Live-Update for up-to-date virus definitions. If you need to and are going to install this one, please un-install other versions of Norton, as well as other anti-virus programs before installing this one.")
      Case $msg = $tab1CCAAInfo
         GUICtrlSetData ($tab1Edit, "Cisco Clean Access Agent:   This is the program that you must use to log on to the student networks. Clean Access scans your computer, checking for required programs and updates. You must have Windows and you antivirus programs completly up to date to access the network so that we can ensure a safe working environment.")
      Case $msg = $tab1NortonUpdatesInfo
         $url = "C:\Ubertor Patch\Updating_Symantec_Antivirus.html"
         Run("C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe " & $url)
      Case $msg = $tab2AdAwareInfo
         GUICtrlSetData ($tab2Edit, "Ad-Aware SE Personal:   This program is a popular, effective anti-spyware program. While Optional for the network, it is still a wise program to have on hand for regular use.")
      Case $msg = $tab2FirefoxInfo
         GUICtrlSetData ($tab2Edit, "Mozilla Firefox 1.5:   This program is a web browser that is a very widely acceptable alternative to using Internet Explorer. Firefox is one of the best alternatives around, featuring tabbed browsing, better security, and a more enjoyable user experience. Please note that it is not a requirement, nor is it supported by APU yet.")
      Case $msg = $tab2TrillianInfo
         GUICtrlSetData ($tab2Edit, "Trillian Basic 3:   This program is a popular alternative to using AIM, MSN, and Yahoo! instant messenger programs. It combines all of them in to one program, and does not include spyware programs like WeatherBug in installation. This program is also not a requirement, but is a cool program to have on hand as an alternative that we feel should be suggested.")
      Case $msg = $tab2AcrobatInfo
         GUICtrlSetData ($tab2Edit, "Adobe Acrobat Reader:   You do not have the most current version of Acrobat Reader. This program is used to open .pdf files, which is a standard file type often used in web-publishing and document distribution. You will not be able to open these file types without Acrobat Reader. This is also not a requirement for network access.")
      Case $msg = $tab2SpyBotInfo
         GUICtrlSetData ($tab2Edit, "SpyBot Search and Destroy:   This program is a popular, effective anti-spyware program. While Optional for the network, it is still a wise program to have on hand for regular use.")
      Case $msg = $tab2
         GUICtrlSetData ($tab1Edit, "")
      Case $msg = $tab1
         GUICtrlSetData ($tab2Edit, "")
      Case $msg = $tab3AutorunsInfo
         GUICtrlSetData ($tab3edit, "Autorun: Displays all loading programs and utilities.")
      Case $msg = $tab3AutoRuns
         FileInstall ("C:\Documents and Settings\David Becker\My Documents\Work\Ubertor Patch\technician distribution\autoruns.exe", "C:\Ubertor Patch\autoruns.exe")
     Run ("C:\Ubertor Patch\autoruns.exe")
      Case $msg = $tab0ReScan
    GUICtrlSetData ($tab0Edit, "")
    Dim $diagnose2[28]
    Dim $p = 1
    ProgressOn ("Now Diagnosing...","Please wait while we scan your computer")
    If NOT RegRead ("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\HotFix\KB873333", "Installed") then
    $diagnose2[$p] = "Windows Update KB873333      Required"
    $p = $p + 1
    EndIf
    Sleep (150)
    ProgressSet (4)
    If NOT RegRead ("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\HotFix\KB885250", "Installed") then
    $diagnose2[$p] = "Windows Update KB885250      Required"
    $p = $p + 1
    EndIf
    Sleep (150)
    ProgressSet (8)
    If NOT RegRead ("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\HotFix\KB886185", "Installed") then
    $diagnose2[$p] = "Windows Update KB886185      Required"
    $p = $p + 1
    EndIf
    Sleep (150)
    ProgressSet (12)
    If NOT RegRead ("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\HotFix\KB888113", "Installed") then
    $diagnose2[$p] = "Windows Update KB888113      Required"
    $p = $p + 1
    EndIf
    Sleep (150)
    ProgressSet (16)
    If NOT RegRead ("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\HotFix\KB891781", "Installed") then
    $diagnose2[$p] = "Windows Update KB891781      Required"
    $p = $p + 1
    EndIf
    Sleep (150)
    ProgressSet (20)
    If NOT RegRead ("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\HotFix\KB893066", "Installed") then
    $diagnose2[$p] = "Windows Update KB893066      Required"
    $p = $p + 1
    EndIf
    Sleep (150)
    ProgressSet (24)
    If NOT RegRead ("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\HotFix\KB896358", "Installed") then
    $diagnose2[$p] = "Windows Update KB896358      Required"
    $p = $p + 1
    EndIf
    Sleep (150)
    ProgressSet (28)
    If NOT RegRead ("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\HotFix\KB896422", "Installed") then
    $diagnose2[$p] = "Windows Update KB896422      Required"
    $p = $p + 1
    EndIf
    Sleep (150)
    ProgressSet (32)
    If NOT RegRead ("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\HotFix\KB896423", "Installed") then
    $diagnose2[$p] = "Windows Update KB896423      Required"
    $p = $p + 1
    EndIf
    Sleep (150)
    ProgressSet (36)
    If NOT RegRead ("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\HotFix\KB896424", "Installed") then
    $diagnose2[$p] = "Windows Update KB896424      Required"
    $p = $p + 1
    EndIf
    Sleep (150)
    ProgressSet (40)
    If NOT RegRead ("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\HotFix\KB896688", "Installed") then
    $diagnose2[$p] = "Windows Update KB896688      Required"
    $p = $p + 1
    EndIf
    Sleep (150)
    ProgressSet (43)
    If NOT RegRead ("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\HotFix\KB896727", "Installed") then
    $diagnose2[$p] = "Windows Update KB896727      Required"
    $p = $p + 1
    EndIf
    Sleep (150)
    ProgressSet (45)
    If NOT RegRead ("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\HotFix\KB899588", "Installed") then
    $diagnose2[$p] = "Windows Update KB899588      Required"
    $p = $p + 1
    EndIf
    Sleep (150)
    ProgressSet (47)
    If NOT RegRead ("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\HotFix\KB899589", "Installed") then
    $diagnose2[$p] = "Windows Update KB899589      Required"
    $p = $p + 1
    EndIf
    Sleep (150)
    ProgressSet (50)
    If NOT RegRead ("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\HotFix\KB900725", "Installed") then
    $diagnose2[$p] = "Windows Update KB900725      Required"
    $p = $p + 1
    EndIf
    Sleep (150)
    ProgressSet (54)
    If NOT RegRead ("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\HotFix\KB901017", "Installed") then
    $diagnose2[$p] = "Windows Update KB901017      Required"
    $p = $p + 1
    EndIf
    Sleep (150)
    ProgressSet (57)
    If NOT RegRead ("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\HotFix\KB901214", "Installed") then
    $diagnose2[$p] = "Windows Update KB901214      Required"
    $p = $p + 1
    EndIf
    Sleep (150)
    ProgressSet (61)
    If NOT RegRead ("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\HotFix\KB902400", "Installed") then
    $diagnose2[$p] = "Windows Update KB902400      Required"
    $p = $p + 1
    EndIf
    Sleep (150)
    ProgressSet (64)
    If NOT RegRead ("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\HotFix\KB904706", "Installed") then
    $diagnose2[$p] = "Windows Update KB904706      Required"
    $p = $p + 1
    EndIf
    Sleep (150)
    ProgressSet (68)
    If NOT RegRead ("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\HotFix\KB905414", "Installed") then
    $diagnose2[$p] = "Windows Update KB905414      Required"
    $p = $p + 1
    EndIf
    Sleep (150)
    ProgressSet (71)
    If NOT RegRead ("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\HotFix\KB905749", "Installed") then
    $diagnose2[$p] = "Windows Update KB905749      Required"
    $p = $p + 1
    EndIf
    Sleep (150)
    ProgressSet (75)
    If NOT FileExists ("C:\Program Files\Symantec AntiVirus\VPTray.exe") then
    $diagnose2[$p] = "Norton Anti-Virus          Required"
    $n = $n + 1
    EndIf
    Sleep (150)
    ProgressSet (80)
    If NOT FileExists ("C:\Program Files\Cisco Systems\Clean Access Agent\CCAAgent.exe") then
    $diagnose2[$p] = "Cisco Clean Access Agent    Required"
    $p = $p + 1
    EndIf
    Sleep (150)
    ProgressSet (86)
    If NOT FileExists ("C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe") Then
    $diagnose2[$p] = "Mozilla Firefox              Optional"
    $p = $p + 1
    EndIf
    Sleep (150)
    ProgressSet (89)
    If NOT FileExists ("C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\SpybotSD.exe") Then
    $diagnose2[$p] = "Spy-Bot Search and Destroy    Optional"
    $p = $p + 1
    EndIf
    Sleep (150)
    ProgressSet (93)
    If NOT FileExists ("C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware SE Personal\Ad-Aware.exe") Then
    $diagnose2[$p] = "Ad-Aware SE Personal        Optional"
    $p = $p + 1
    EndIf
    Sleep (150)
    ProgressSet (96)
    If NOT FileExists ("C:\WINDOWS\Driver Cache\i386\sp2.cab") Then
    $diagnose2[$p] = "WindowsXP Service Pack2      Required"
    $p = $p + 1
    EndIf
    ProgressSet (97)
    If NOT FileExists ("C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 6.0\Reader\AcroRd32.exe") Then
    $diagnose2[$p] = "Adobe Acrobat Reader 7.0    Optional"
    $p = $p + 1
    EndIf
    ProgressSet (98)
    If NOT FileExists ("C:\Program Files\Trillian\trillian.exe") Then 
    $diagnose2[$p] = "Trillian Instant Messenger    Optional"
    $p = $p + 1
    EndIf
    ProgressSet (100)
    ProgressOff()
    Local $List2 = ''
    For $h = 1 To $p - 1
       $List2 = $List2 & $Diagnose2[$h] & @CRLF
    Next
    GUICtrlSetData ($tab0edit, $List2)
   EndSelect
      If $msg = $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE Or $msg = $exititem Then
          FileRecycle ("C:\Ubertor Patch")
      FileRecycle ("C:\WINDOWS\system32\oobe\images\IMT\imtlogo.jpg")
      FileRecycle ("C:\WINDOWS\system32\oobe\images\IMT\adaware.jpg")
      FileRecycle ("C:\WINDOWS\system32\oobe\images\IMT\adobereader.jpg")
      FileRecycle ("C:\WINDOWS\system32\oobe\images\IMT\apulogoteal.jpg")
      FileRecycle ("C:\WINDOWS\system32\oobe\images\IMT\ccaa.jpg")
      FileRecycle ("C:\WINDOWS\system32\oobe\images\IMT\firefox.jpg")
      FileRecycle ("C:\WINDOWS\system32\oobe\images\IMT\symantec.jpg")
      FileRecycle ("C:\WINDOWS\system32\oobe\images\IMT\trillian.jpg")
      FileRecycle ("C:\WINDOWS\system32\oobe\images\IMT\windows.jpg")
      FileRecycle ("C:\WINDOWS\system32\oobe\images\IMT\sbsdlogo.jpg")
      FileRecycle ("C:\WINDOWS\system32\oobe\images\IMT\bar.jpg")
          Exitloop
      EndIf
      If $msg = $helpitem Then
              $url = "C:\Ubertor Patch\HelpFile.html"
        Run("c:\program files\internet explorer\iexplore.exe " & $url)
      EndIf
      If $msg = $abootitem Then MsgBox (0, "Aboot", "RezNet Setup Application Student V3.0. ")
Until $msg = $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE

the area in question is about towards the middle.

Edited by dbecker