Error using Autoit through VBA

Davgop

I am trying to use Autoit was based on this website instructions I have installed Autoit added the reference in VBA. But when i run code it gives me an error as  "Class Not Registered" I am using office 365 with windows 10.

The error occurs in the line where i set the object.

Sub autoit()

'Create and initialize an object
Dim autoit As AutoItX3

Set autoit = New AutoItX3

'Check autoit installation
If IsNull(autoit) Then
    MsgBox "Autoit Is Not installed on your machine", vbCritical + vbOKOnly, "Verify"
    Exit Sub
End If

'Launch Calculator
autoit.Run "calc.exe", "C:\Windows\System32"
autoit.Sleep "2000"

If autoit.WinExists("Calculator", "") Then
'Click Button "1" and wait for one Second
    autoit.ControlClick "Calculator", "", "131"
    autoit.Sleep "1000"

'Click Button "+" and wait for one Second
    autoit.ControlClick "Calculator", "", "93"
    autoit.Sleep "1000"

'Click Button "2" and wait for one Second
    autoit.ControlClick "Calculator", "", "132"
    autoit.Sleep "1000"

'Click Button "=" and wait for one Second
    autoit.ControlClick "Calculator", "", "121"
    autoit.Sleep "1000"

'Close the calculator
    autoit.WinClose "Calculator", ""
End If

End Sub

Earthshine - Thank you for your response.

I am very new to programming, so basically I am working on an automation project to open a URL, login with the credentials, navigate to the specific page and click the print button. I am using VBA with selenium binding and chrome browser.

Now, after I click the print button in the webpage the print option of chrome browser pops-up. All I need to do now is click the print button, but with VBA or Selenium I unable to attain my results.

I learnt that using Auotit I can automate click function. so I was trying the example  given.

It would really helpful if you give any advice or show me the direction. 

UIAutomation suits your needs well I should think, and will work, if done properly. There is a lot to learn, certainly. You can post your script here for help in develop/debug

also read this as well;

https://www.autoitscript.com/wiki/FAQ#How_can_I_control_.28click.2C_edit_etc.29_an_external_.28html.29_application.3F

between those two links in this thread, that should get you going. post in the support forum with your scripts if you need help

@junkew's UDF has samples of automating Notepad, as does @LarsJ's UDF, I believe.

Edited by Earthshine

My resources are limited. You must ask the right questions

• 2 weeks later...

@Earthshine
I have gone through the Links you provided, however I lack the knowledge of the understanding the concepts. I have to say I am a beginner and I do not have programming/development background.

So what I am doing now is, with the code below I am opening up chrome and visiting google.com.

what I want to do is use sendkeys option to press "ctrl+P" and then click the "Print" button. Could you please assist me on the same.

Here is the code:

Sub Test()
Dim bot As New WebDriver, keys As New Selenium.keys
bot.Start "chrome"
bot.Get "https://google.com"
'code needed for "ctrl+P"

End Sub

I am using VBA and selenium

Edited by Davgop

oh, you may be able to use the AutoItX dll. hang on, there was something about this earlier in the forums. read the help file about AutoItX, you should be able to use that from VBA

what are you using to develop in? you need to set a reference in you vb stuff to that AutoItx DLL file to use the stuff it contains. in your case you may just need to have it local to your running script... i don't use it

see this thread

I am wondering what this is actually for? I seriously hope you have read the forum rules at this point. 

Edited by Earthshine

My resources are limited. You must ask the right questions

@Earthshine
I apologize for not answering your question in the previous comment. So as I stated in my earlier comment I am running a automation project where it will open up a browser and goes to a specific URL (I cannot share this URL as it is against my company rules) and login with the user credentials, navigates to a specific page and clicks on the button which says print. so after this the chrome Print properties option gets displayed and I need to click the Print option. This is manually task we do on daily basis once the document id downloaded we need to upload it in our data base. All these portals are IP restricted and can only be used through company's IP.

Also, yes I have gone through the Forum rule. I am not doing anything which is illegal or bypassing the terms and conditions. I have created many automation projects using VBA and selenium and this is first time I am facing this task.

I believe that I have answered your question, please do let me know if you need anything else.

Have you registered the the appropriate AutoIt3x DLL (x86/x64)?

Go to your AutoIt installation directory and then go to the AutoItX folder within it.  There you will find the AutoItx.chm help file.  Spend some time learning and understanding how to use AutoItX.  I would suggest getting the examples, in the AutoItX\Examples\VBScript folder, working before moving forward.  Then you will at least know that everything is registered and working properly before trying to move forward with your current issue.

The answer to your specific question can be found under the "COM Interface" topic in that help file.

@TheXman - Thanks for your help.
I have registered using the below guide.
image.thumb.png.8c32978f87803c00c5021eaac3b2b382.png

It was successful registered. so now I tried the example in the help file but still getting the same error.

Sub Test()
Set oAutoIt = WScript.CreateObject("AutoItX3.Control") 'getting error on this line
oAutoIt.Run ("notepad.exe")
End Sub

dll.png.cc0e8954b85cf580b62533969a0bb107.png

You are obviously running a 64bit version of Windows.  Therefore, you most likely need to register the 64bit DLL, AutoItX3_x64.dll.

Edited by TheXman

Now that you have registered the DLLs, what happens when you run either of the vbscript examples in the Examples folder that I referenced?  If it is an error in a MsgBox, then show the MsgBox.

Edited by TheXman

That is NOT one of the examples in the folder.     Double-click one of the example vbs files and show me the error.