Hi,  i'm recording a setup for a program using mouse clicks , however, the problem is when the setup installs (the progress bar showing) the auto generated script by the recorder will not have a winwait() or sleep() to click the "finish" button when the setup is completed. is there anyway to  do that automatically?

Keep waiting for finish button to detect, using its title text.

May be like this.

$time_out = 120

Func _WinWaitActivate($title,$text,$timeout=$time_out)
    ;Logging("Waiting for "&$title&":"&$text)
    $dHandle = WinWait($title,$text,$timeout)
    if not ($dHandle = 0) then
        If Not WinActive($title,$text) Then WinActivate($title,$text)
        WinWaitActive($title,$text,$timeout)
    Else
        ;Logging("Timeout occured while waiting for the window...")
        Exit
    EndIf
EndFunc

_WinWaitActivate($win1,"Ready to Install the")

Edited by ur

max23ed, you should to look into silent switches for installers. You can run an installer with code like this:

shellexecute("myprogram.exe", "/silent")

This method would be more stable, install faster and more professional looking than having a script clicking 'next' buttons.

The above example works with installers that were compiled with Inno Setup (the /silent part is the switch - you can also use /verysilent to install with no progress bar). There are other software installers with their own switches. Most big software companies provide what are called "command line switches" in their documentation or FAQ sections. If you can't find them online, you can email them to see if they are supported and what they are, if supported.

Many years ago, I posted an example script that installed software using silent switches. You might want to look at it as an example (the config.ini section has many software switches listed).

I hope this helps!

My software installer: