Color... chooser... menu thing

Rad

• Moderators

You could always just do a screen shot of it, then edit it exactly like you want... and if you want to call it to do some color sorting, you could use a GUI to call it up.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

I just did that, but now you have to have the image in a certain folder and thats no good! ><

How do you get the directory of the .exe (when its compiled)? I could make it take image "\image\ColorGradiant.JPG" but that doesnt work

--

Or even better, possible to add image into the .exe?

Edited by Rad

• Moderators

FileInstall() is really straight forward in the helpfile. If your having problems with that... Then maybe you should take a look at this thread before you try things like this: http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.ph...opic=19434&st=0

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

Well you say straightforward, I understand what it does (I think) except I dont know how your supposed to "install" a file without knowing the location. I have a .jpg Ill include in a ZIP now how the heck can I make a directory out of that when anyone who downloads can choose where to dl

• Moderators

If you know where the file is on 'Your' computer... that's all you need to know, and where 'You Want' to put on someone elses.

$MyComputerFile = 'C:\MyPics\MyPic.jpg'; can't use a variable for the source file, but I wanted to show you it was from your computer.
$InstallTheirComputer = @TempDir & 'AnyNameIWant.jpg'
If Not FileExists($InstallTheirComputer) Then
    FileInstall('C:\MyPics\MyPic.jpg', $InstallTheirComputer)
EndIf

AH! That worked! TY!

The helpfile tells you to do it a different way like:

FileInstall ( "source", "dest" [, flag] )

So I did FileInstall("C:\Documents and settings...", "C:\Documents and settings...") it worked, but.. once you compile it puts the image inside too?

• Moderators

but.. once you compile it puts the image inside too?

You got it :P

so what do u want a color picker?

or what can u please repost exactly what u want

post some stuff want u want ill look at it tommorow just search the scripts and scraps if u want a color chooser there are plenty

i do suggest the help file :P its a good read i recommend it im submitting it to oprah to be put into her book clubs best read :lmao:

Edited by thatsgreat2345

Im set it works, had the color picker and system setup I just wanted a gradiant in the selectable field.... Here take a look at finished product attached here

If you feel I did not properly credit you just say so HERE with the name you want credited and I will add to the credits "about" list

EH I added SmOke_N and a few others to the list :P

Edited by Rad

• Moderators

Hmm, I went ahead and downloaded it against my better judgement being an .exe... Looks like you got what you wanted... good job.

My only problem is, you wrote it in AutoIt and not one of the special thanks went to any AutoIt Member... seems a bit condescending.

But good job.

Edit

Guess I replied prematurely... No need to have my name there :P... I just thought it was weird.

Edited by SmOke_N

• Moderators

A suggestion, without using your program, because I've never even seen the game... but the 'About' button, seems your using a 'Splash' with a delay... it was a bit annoying not being able to just exit out of it... have you thought of just making that a Child GUI?

could of used the UDF _ChooseColor if you have the beta

$i_ReturnType = 0 then COLORREF rgbcolor is returned (default)

$i_ReturnType = 1 then Hex BGR Color is returned

$i_ReturnType = 2 Hex RGB Color is returned

SciTE for AutoItDirections for Submitting Standard UDFs

Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.