ToDo Items In script

seadoggie01

One of my favorite things about coding in other languages/IDEs is the ability to put a ToDo comment in to remind myself to do something later that isn't important yet. Like when I run a script once a month and I need to manually change the column in Excel each time. Or something that I want to fix some other day. So I've been exploring LUA and SciTE and managed to add some highlighting to it with this:

#~ SciTEUser.properties ~#
#
#~ Make "#ToDo" a "special" keyword
#
keywords6.$(au3)=#todo  $(au3.keywords.special) $(autoit3wrapper.keywords.special)

Which makes it look like the middle one:

image.png.1f15a0152fe0232c2046ddac271ebff3.png

I would really like to seperate it from the other keywords if possible to make it stand out even more since I could add different background then. I'm also curious why #Region has a secondary green color as all of the text following it and if it would be possible to mimic that with #ToDo

(Sorry if this doesn't go here, but I thought since it related to SciTE more than AutoIt it should)

All my code provided is Public Domain... but it may not work. ;) Use it, change it, break it, whatever you want.

Spoiler

My Humble Contributions:
Personal Function Documentation - A personal HelpFile for your functions
Acro.au3 UDF - Automating Acrobat Pro
ToDo Finder - Find #ToDo: lines in your scripts
UI-SimpleWrappers UDF - Use UI Automation more Simply-er
KeePass UDF - Automate KeePass, a password manager
InputBoxes - Simple Input boxes for various variable types

• Developers

I assume this is in a .au3 file?
I have hardcoded the  #Region/#EndRegion logic in au3lexer to make the remaining part a "Comment" and use that Format.
To give the "#todo  line" the same color as #Region, you just add it to this line in autoit3wrapper.keywords.properties: 

au3.keywords.special=#endregion #forcedef #forceref #ignorefunc #pragma #region #todo

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Yes, it's an au3 :) I edited that line, but it didn't work... #EndRegion isn't highlighted anymore and nothing happened to #ToDo

If this is a bad idea, I completely understand :D I can live with mimicking the other keywords

Edit: Had to re-install SciTE... I messed up one of the files.

Edited by seadoggie01

All my code provided is Public Domain... but it may not work. ;) Use it, change it, break it, whatever you want.

Spoiler

My Humble Contributions:
Personal Function Documentation - A personal HelpFile for your functions
Acro.au3 UDF - Automating Acrobat Pro
ToDo Finder - Find #ToDo: lines in your scripts
UI-SimpleWrappers UDF - Use UI Automation more Simply-er
KeePass UDF - Automate KeePass, a password manager
InputBoxes - Simple Input boxes for various variable types