Detect change in GUI input box sent with ControlSetText?

Bagel

Okay, I've searched around and Google has failed to help me and I can't figure this out. I have an AutoIt GUI I've created with inputbox controls. I need the GUI to be able to detect when text has been entered into an inputbox and then perform actions. I can do this now if I manually enter text into the inputbox and hit enter. But the text I need to insert has to be insert from an EXTERNAL script using ControlSetText or the likes thereof. But what I've found through testing is that using ControlSetText puts the text in the control but doesn't send the message to the GUI that the inputbox has changed as it does when I type it in and hit enter and the subsequent actions cannot be performed. How can I achieve this?

Thanks in advance!

Bagel

I'm sorry, but I don't understand how this would apply to my situation. The external AutoIt script initiating the change has to somehow trigger the change to the inputbox in the GUI through GUIGetMsg(). I'm using a Switch and need the control ID to be passed to one of the cases. Unless there is a better way... I suppose I COULD create a separate button and issue ControlCommand from the external script to that button after the inputbox has been populated with ControlSetText. But that seems a very convoluted and Rube Goldberg-esque way of doing it that I'd like to avoid.