Strange problem Autoit or XP ?

pecloe

Hello everyone

After 2 weeks of frustration restoring my Dell computer (hd failure) I now find myself with a strange problem thats really bugging me! I reinstalled Autiit 3.1.1.0 and Scite 1.6.4.0 and at the bottom of au3help pages wher it should say "open this scrpit" I have a red x box. I had to install windowsxp and all the drivers by hand. Am I missing something ? Everything else seems to be working ok.

Thank you

Phillip

It doesnt seem you are missing a thing. What I would try is uninstalling AutoIt. Then go back and re-install it again. Make sure it is from the .exe.

JS

AutoIt Links

File-String Hash Plugin Updated! 04-02-2008 Plugins have been discontinued. I just found out.

ComputerGetInfo UDF's Updated! 11-23-2006

External Links

Vortex Revolutions Engineer / Inventor (Web, Desktop, and Mobile Applications, Hardware Gizmos, Consulting, and more)

Thanks for the reply !

I am so fed up with this D*** that I'm about ready to toss it out in the front yard ! I will do as you suggest and reinstall both programs. I know in IE sometimes you get those red X's depending on the web page coding. This has been a horrible experience (the D*** computer not Autoit)

Thanks for the reply !

I am so fed up with this D*** that I'm about ready to toss it out in the front yard ! I will do as you suggest and reinstall both programs. I know in IE sometimes you get those red X's depending on the web page coding. This has been a horrible experience (the D*** computer not Autoit)

I understand. IT is what I do all day long. I am currently supporting about 700 SBA employee's sometimes I wanna throw their computers out and other times them.

JS

AutoIt Links

File-String Hash Plugin Updated! 04-02-2008 Plugins have been discontinued. I just found out.

ComputerGetInfo UDF's Updated! 11-23-2006

External Links

Vortex Revolutions Engineer / Inventor (Web, Desktop, and Mobile Applications, Hardware Gizmos, Consulting, and more)

Thanks for the reply !

Dude, you got a dell! sorry, now that that's out of my system, are you using the installer to install, or the zip file? Because i believe the links in the help file are relative links, and if you don't have everything in the right directories there could be problems... I'd say to definitely say to do as JS suggested and reinstall, but make sure you use the installer (less chance of foul up) and make sure that you install the beta and SciTE4AutoIT, for all of the extra functionality and pretty code folding goodness.

• Developers

The HelpFile is using an OCX to show the button to open the script.

Try doing "regsvr32 hhctrl.ocx" from the command prompt with current dir c:\windows\system32.

Else you might want to check hhctrl.ocx.

:lmao:

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

• Developers

JdeB... I will try your suggestion first then reinstall Au3, I've had so much trouble I'm getting gun shy.

Reinstall of AutoIt3 will not do much for you...

When it is a directory structurre issue, it would still show the button but give an error when clicking it..

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)