PC CONTROL with a browser or cell phone

ConsultingJoe

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hey i was testing it out and it worked a few times but for some reason out of the blue it just starting giving me this error when i run your code.

if $cd[0] > 1 Then

if ^ ERROR

Error: Variable used without being declared.

could u tell me why this is happenning?

50% of the time, it works all the time

Hey i just came up with a cool idea on how to control the pc with the cellphone... use instant messaging. Most phones come with AIM or something like that, you could use that to control your computer. Just set up AutoIt to only accept commands from your cell's screen name. You could also use it to give you a reply if need be. If you go this route you can make the program a lot simpler in my opinion. Some phones have email as well... just another idea.

Good Luck

-Mike

*Edit*

If your phone doesn't have AIM this might work...

http://www.tech-recipes.com/instant_messaging_tips116.html

"Some phone services will let you reply to AIM as well; however, this is not yet standard. "

My phone does this.

Edited by mikeytown2

"Some phone services will let you reply to AIM as well; however, this is not yet standard. "

My phone does this.

I suppose you are American.

Probably AOL SMS messaging runs only in U.S., not all states have this lukyness. :-(

hey i was testing it out and it worked a few times but for some reason out of the blue it just starting giving me this error when i run your code.

if $cd[0] > 1 Then

if ^ ERROR

Error: Variable used without being declared.

could u tell me why this is happenning?

sorry about that guy i carelesslym did not fully test it. you just add at the top the getdrive command and set it to $cd and it will return your array

I'll change it for you guys soon

[center]AutoIT + Finger Print Reader/Scanner = COOL STUFF -> Check Out Topic![/center][center][font=Arial Black]Check out ConsultingJoe.com[/font][/center][center]My Scripts~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Web Protocol Managing - Simple WiFi Scanner - AutoTunes - Remote PC Control V2 - Audio SpectrascopePie Chart UDF - At&t's TTS - Custom Progress Bar - Windows Media Player Embed[/center]

Hey i just came up with a cool idea on how to control the pc with the cellphone... use instant messaging. Most phones come with AIM or something like that, you could use that to control your computer. Just set up AutoIt to only accept commands from your cell's screen name. You could also use it to give you a reply if need be. If you go this route you can make the program a lot simpler in my opinion. Some phones have email as well... just another idea.

Good Luck

-Mike

*Edit*

My phone does this.

Yeah that is a good idea. I saw someone else was trying to do that but it was very sloppy, I'll give it a shot. thanks

[center]AutoIT + Finger Print Reader/Scanner = COOL STUFF -> Check Out Topic![/center][center][font=Arial Black]Check out ConsultingJoe.com[/font][/center][center]My Scripts~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Web Protocol Managing - Simple WiFi Scanner - AutoTunes - Remote PC Control V2 - Audio SpectrascopePie Chart UDF - At&t's TTS - Custom Progress Bar - Windows Media Player Embed[/center]

I think I'm going to rewrite this. I will optimize the php code, but I don't know how I should make this. Should I use a mysql db for command-storage or a file? I'm not going to use ftp, but php to delete commands what is much easier! :lmao:

And I was thinking about changing all the dropdown menu's into one single textfield.

An example of what jou should type is:

open:"notpad.exe";sleep:"2000";send:"blabla";

you can add some vars like time and date for the send commands, and as you can see you can execute more then one command a time! ;) It's very easy to make all this in php.

What do you guy's think? some tips for my rewriting?

I think I'm going to rewrite this. I will optimize the php code, but I don't know how I should make this. Should I use a mysql db for command-storage or a file? I'm not going to use ftp, but php to delete commands what is much easier! :lmao:

And I was thinking about changing all the dropdown menu's into one single textfield.

you can add some vars like time and date for the send commands, and as you can see you can execute more then one command a time! ;) It's very easy to make all this in php.

cool i can't wait to see your codes:)

btw ya i like the idea of makein each command a seperate botton

Edited by seesoe

please can you upload the video again. as you current link is dead.

Yeah sure. I think someone hacked in and wiped out my account

I will post it back tonight

havent had the chance to try it yet, but this script seems AWSOME!

I am really interested in your using lego mindstorms to open your door. I didnt even know mindstorms could be controled like that.

The cake is a lie.www.theguy0000.com is currentlyUP images.theguy0000.com is currentlyUP all other *.theguy0000.com sites are DOWN

well, i got the chance to try it out.

My brother likes to open my CD drive with his internet-enabled PlayStationPortable :lmao:

Anyway, this is great! I could never control my computer remotely because my router was blocking all TCP transmitions that AutoIt would care to send. I never though of doing it this way!

Really Nice Job!

Edited by theguy0000

The cake is a lie.www.theguy0000.com is currentlyUP images.theguy0000.com is currentlyUP all other *.theguy0000.com sites are DOWN

Thanks a lot I really wanted someone to rewrite my code, its just so sloppy. Thanks again

Hi. First post. I just got into AutoIt not too long ago and this seems like a really good idea you have! I'm having the same problem as the other guy, but I have AutoIt v. 3.1.1 which is the latest version. Is there something else I'm not doing properly? Thanks.

Hi. First post. I just got into AutoIt not too long ago and this seems like a really good idea you have! I'm having the same problem as the other guy, but I have AutoIt v. 3.1.1 which is the latest version. Is there something else I'm not doing properly? Thanks.

Are you using the files on the first post. and get the latest beta

autoit-v3.1.1.106

:lmao: where is the video?

sorry, I just forgot. I will repost it asap

Sorry, I realized that I was using 3.0.0. And should I be using the files from the first post, or are there updated files that work?

Would you be able to tell me what files I should put on my server and which ones I should run on the computer? I've got a rough idea but I want to be sure.

I'm trying to do what you did with your door, so is there anything else I should read or learn before I get started?

Sorry for all the questions.. but thanks a lot!