27 November 2019: Uploaded a new SciTE4AutoIt3.exe v19.1127.1402.0 installer.

Jos

• Jos pinned this topic

Hi Jos,

How would you disable the combo hotkey for this message that is very  annoying to me

I didn't get a chance to yet figure what combo exactly triggers it so much 

Versioning program information is not found yet.
Do you want to initialize the versioning setting based on using TortoiseSVN ?

You will get an UAC prompt in case this is needed.

Thanks
Deye

Edited by Deye

Hey @Jos, I am having a very strange issue. It's got me completely stumped. I have no idea if you'll be able to help cus it is freakin weird, but I'm at my wits end.

So, I've just moved to a fresh Windows 10 install so I did a clean install of AutoIt3 (3.3.14.5) and SciTe4AutoIt3, and now I have this weird problem where SciTe is only sometimes using the proper user directory.

For example:

• If I launch SciTe from a shortcut on my desktop, then hit Options > Open User Options File, the file it opens is "C:\Users\Therks\AppData\Local\AutoIt v3\SciTE\SciTEUser.properties"
  • But if I launch SciTe in any other way, and Open User Options File, the file it opens is "C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\SciTE\SciTEUser.properties"
    • I've tried right-click > Edit on an .au3 file, navigating directly to the program folder and double-clicking the .exe, using Run() from within an AutoIt script, even if I copy the shortcut to another folder and run it from there, or EVEN if I navigate Explorer to my desktop folder, and double click the file from there... all of these methods result in SciTe not loading the proper user directory.

Do you have any idea what the heck is going on here?

• Developers

The way it internally works is that SciTE will check for 2 environment variables: SCITE_HOME and SCITE_USERHOME.
These are used to determine what the user home directory is to allow SciTE to be portable.

So check those settings by typing this in de SciTE outputpane:  set sc  (and enter)

Are you sure you only have one SciTE installed?
Let me know what you do to make it fail so I can test the same scenario.

Jos

Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

• Developers

mmm  .....   thought I asked a few more questions. ;) 
I am not sure how you would have different environment settings for the two ways of starting SciTE, but just check your general environment settings to makes sure it is there as well?

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

When you open a simple script in SciTE, like :

msgbox(0, "", "")

and do e.g. F7 (Build), the SciTE outputpane shows :

SciTEDir => C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\SciTE   
UserDir => C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local\AutoIt v3\SciTE\AutoIt3Wrapper   
SCITE_USERHOME => C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local\AutoIt v3\SciTE

Are there different values, depending on how you started SciTE ?

Musashi-C64.png

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move."

Sorry @Jos, I'm sure I only have one SciTe installed. I'm not sure how to answer your other questions though. I did check my environment variables and I do see the whole SCITE_USERHOME line. 

As for running in SciTe, I tried this:

ConsoleWrite('==============================' & @LF)
ConsoleWrite('SCITE_USERHOME=' & EnvGet('SCITE_USERHOME') & @LF)
ConsoleWrite('==============================' & @LF)

I hit F5 in the error prone launch and got this:

>"C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\SciTE\..\AutoIt3.exe" "C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\SciTE\AutoIt3Wrapper\AutoIt3Wrapper.au3" /run /prod /ErrorStdOut /in "D:\Documents\Desktop\Test.au3" /UserParams    
+>11:53:11 Starting AutoIt3Wrapper (19.1127.1402.0} from:SciTE.exe (4.2.0.0)  Keyboard:00000409  OS:WIN_10/  CPU:X64 OS:X64  Environment(Language:0409)  CodePage:0  utf8.auto.check:4
+>         SciTEDir => C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\SciTE   UserDir => C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\SciTE\AutoIt3Wrapper
>Running AU3Check (3.3.14.5)  from:C:\Program Files\AutoIt3  input:D:\Documents\Desktop\Test.au3
+>11:53:12 AU3Check ended.rc:0
>Running:(3.3.14.5):C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\autoit3.exe "D:\Documents\Desktop\Test.au3"    
+>Setting Hotkeys...--> Press Ctrl+Alt+Break to Restart or Ctrl+BREAK to Stop.
==============================
SCITE_USERHOME=
+>11:53:12 AutoIt3.exe ended.rc:0
+>11:53:12 AutoIt3Wrapper Finished.
>Exit code: 0    Time: 0.9017

In the normal launch I get this:

>"C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\SciTE\..\AutoIt3.exe" "C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\SciTE\AutoIt3Wrapper\AutoIt3Wrapper.au3" /run /prod /ErrorStdOut /in "D:\Documents\Desktop\Test.au3" /UserParams    
+>11:55:32 Starting AutoIt3Wrapper (19.1127.1402.0} from:SciTE.exe (4.2.0.0)  Keyboard:00000409  OS:WIN_10/  CPU:X64 OS:X64  Environment(Language:0409)  CodePage:0  utf8.auto.check:4
+>         SciTEDir => C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\SciTE   UserDir => C:\Users\Therks\AppData\Local\AutoIt v3\SciTE\AutoIt3Wrapper   SCITE_USERHOME => C:\Users\Therks\AppData\Local\AutoIt v3\SciTE 
>Running AU3Check (3.3.14.5)  from:C:\Program Files\AutoIt3  input:D:\Documents\Desktop\Test.au3
+>11:55:33 AU3Check ended.rc:0
>Running:(3.3.14.5):C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\autoit3.exe "D:\Documents\Desktop\Test.au3"    
+>Setting Hotkeys...--> Press Ctrl+Alt+Break to Restart or Ctrl+BREAK to Stop.
SCITE_USERHOME=C:\Users\Therks\AppData\Local\AutoIt v3\SciTE
+>11:55:33 AutoIt3.exe ended.rc:0
+>11:55:33 AutoIt3Wrapper Finished.
>Exit code: 0    Time: 0.8838

However the compiler output is the same: Sorry, I ran it wrong. So this version is with the environment reading right:

>"C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\SciTE\..\AutoIt3.exe" "C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\SciTE\AutoIt3Wrapper\AutoIt3Wrapper.au3" /NoStatus /prod /in "D:\Documents\Desktop\Test.au3"
+>11:59:21 Starting AutoIt3Wrapper (19.1127.1402.0} from:SciTE.exe (4.2.0.0)  Keyboard:00000409  OS:WIN_10/  CPU:X64 OS:X64  Environment(Language:0409)  CodePage:0  utf8.auto.check:4
+>         SciTEDir => C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\SciTE   UserDir => C:\Users\Therks\AppData\Local\AutoIt v3\SciTE\AutoIt3Wrapper   SCITE_USERHOME => C:\Users\Therks\AppData\Local\AutoIt v3\SciTE 
+>11:59:22 AU3Check ended.rc:0
>Running:(3.3.14.5):C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\aut2exe\aut2exe.exe  /in "D:\Documents\Desktop\Test.au3" /out "C:\Users\Therks\AppData\Local\AutoIt v3\Aut2exe\~AUC922.tmp.exe" /nopack /comp 2
+>11:59:23 Aut2exe.exe ended.C:\Users\Therks\AppData\Local\AutoIt v3\Aut2exe\~AUC922.tmp.exe. rc:0
+>11:59:23 Created program:D:\Documents\Desktop\Test.exe
+>11:59:23 AutoIt3Wrapper Finished.
>Exit code: 0    Time: 2.524

This is when it doesn't work properly:

>"C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\SciTE\..\AutoIt3.exe" "C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\SciTE\AutoIt3Wrapper\AutoIt3Wrapper.au3" /NoStatus /prod /in "D:\Documents\Desktop\Test.au3"
+>12:02:21 Starting AutoIt3Wrapper (19.1127.1402.0} from:SciTE.exe (4.2.0.0)  Keyboard:00000409  OS:WIN_10/  CPU:X64 OS:X64  Environment(Language:0409)  CodePage:0  utf8.auto.check:4
+>         SciTEDir => C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\SciTE   UserDir => C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\SciTE\AutoIt3Wrapper
+>12:02:21 AU3Check ended.rc:0
>Running:(3.3.14.5):C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\aut2exe\aut2exe.exe  /in "D:\Documents\Desktop\Test.au3" /out "C:\Users\Therks\AppData\Local\AutoIt v3\Aut2exe\~AU85C1.tmp.exe" /nopack /comp 2
+>12:02:22 Aut2exe.exe ended.C:\Users\Therks\AppData\Local\AutoIt v3\Aut2exe\~AU85C1.tmp.exe. rc:0
+>12:02:22 Created program:D:\Documents\Desktop\Test.exe
+>12:02:23 AutoIt3Wrapper Finished.
>Exit code: 0    Time: 2.429

Edited by therks
Fixed mistake

• Developers

Please also check the environment setting available in "My Computer/Properties/Advanced" where you find a button to check/update the default environment settings.

As to your shown scenario's: How did you start SciTE in all these cases?

Jos

Edited by Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Ok, so when I said this, "I did check my environment variables and I do see the whole SCITE_USERHOME line." I meant I checked in the system properties.

image.thumb.png.65206085cdf821b769640dfd05b21657.png

As for the runs, every time it worked properly I ran it from a shortcut on my desktop. When it didn't run properly I ran it directly from the program folder.

So it seems, for some reason, unless I run the program from the shortcut on my desktop it can't read the environment variable?

Edited by therks

• Developers

Could send me the result for both the working and not working scenarios of the set command from the SciTE outputpane via PM? 

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

So apparently I'm just the biggest dummy and I hadn't actually restarted the computer like I thought I did (you know, the first thing any tech savvy person is supposed to do when they are having issues).

Sorry to be such a pain, but it seems to working totally properly now. Still very weird that it behaved like that in the first place.

• Developers

No worries, happens to all of us every now and then and am happy the mystery is resolved. ;) 

Jos  

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• 1 month later...

@Jos would you be so kind and show how to integrate  "TODO highlighter" into SciTe4AutoIt , which was presented in this following post:

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/scite-interest/nfGCOxK3sNw

Edited by mLipok

Signature beginning:
Please remember: "AutoIt"..... *  Wondering who uses AutoIt and what it can be used for ? * Forum Rules *
ADO.au3 UDF * POP3.au3 UDF * XML.au3 UDF * IE on Windows 11 * How to ask ChatGPT for AutoIt Codefor other useful stuff click the following button:

Spoiler

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind. 

My contribution (my own projects): * Debenu Quick PDF Library - UDF * Debenu PDF Viewer SDK - UDF * Acrobat Reader - ActiveX Viewer * UDF for PDFCreator v1.x.x * XZip - UDF * AppCompatFlags UDF * CrowdinAPI UDF * _WinMergeCompare2Files() * _JavaExceptionAdd() * _IsBeta() * Writing DPI Awareness App - workaround * _AutoIt_RequiredVersion() * Chilkatsoft.au3 UDF * TeamViewer.au3 UDF * JavaManagement UDF * VIES over SOAP * WinSCP UDF * GHAPI UDF - modest begining - comunication with GitHub REST APIErrorLog.au3 UDF - A logging Library * Include Dependency Tree (Tool for analyzing script relations) * Show_Macro_Values.au3 *

My contribution to others projects or UDF based on  others projects: * _sql.au3 UDF  * POP3.au3 UDF *  RTF Printer - UDF * XML.au3 UDF * ADO.au3 UDF SMTP Mailer UDF * Dual Monitor resolution detection * * 2GUI on Dual Monitor System * _SciLexer.au3 UDF * SciTE - Lexer for console pane

Useful links: * Forum Rules * Forum etiquette *  Forum Information and FAQs * How to post code on the forum * AutoIt Online Documentation * AutoIt Online Beta Documentation * SciTE4AutoIt3 getting started * Convert text blocks to AutoIt code * Games made in Autoit * Programming related sites * Polish AutoIt Tutorial * DllCall Code Generator * 

Wiki: Expand your knowledge - AutoIt Wiki * Collection of User Defined Functions * How to use HelpFile * Good coding practices in AutoIt * 

OpenOffice/LibreOffice/XLS Related: WriterDemo.au3 * XLS/MDB from scratch with ADOX

IE Related:  * How to use IE.au3  UDF with  AutoIt v3.3.14.x * Why isn't Autoit able to click a Javascript Dialog? * Clicking javascript button with no ID * IE document >> save as MHT file * IETab Switcher (by LarsJ ) * HTML Entities * _IEquerySelectorAll() (by uncommon) * IE in TaskSchedulerIE Embedded Control Versioning (use IE9+ and HTML5 in a GUI) * PDF Related:How to get reference to PDF object embeded in IE * IE on Windows 11

I encourage you to read: * Global Vars * Best Coding Practices * Please explain code used in Help file for several File functions * OOP-like approach in AutoIt * UDF-Spec Questions *  EXAMPLE: How To Catch ConsoleWrite() output to a file or to CMD *

I also encourage you to check awesome @trancexx code:  * Create COM objects from modules without any demand on user to register anything. * Another COM object registering stuffOnHungApp handlerAvoid "AutoIt Error" message box in unknown errors  * HTML editor

winhttp.au3 related : * https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/206771-winhttpau3-download-problem-youre-speaking-plain-http-to-an-ssl-enabled-server-port/

"Homo sum; humani nil a me alienum puto" - Publius Terentius Afer
"Program are meant to be read by humans and only incidentally for computers and execute" - Donald Knuth, "The Art of Computer Programming"
:naughty:  :ranting:, be  :) and       \\//_.

Anticipating Errors :  "Any program that accepts data from a user must include code to validate that data before sending it to the data store. You cannot rely on the data store, ...., or even your programming language to notify you of problems. You must check every byte entered by your users, making sure that data is the correct type for its field and that required fields are not empty."

Signature last update: 2023-04-24

• Developers
3 hours ago, mLipok said:

@Jos would you be so kind and show how to integrate  "TODO highlighter" into SciTe4AutoIt , which was presented in this following post:

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/scite-interest/nfGCOxK3sNw

Have you just tried to follow the description in the file? ..... that worked for me. ;) 

Copied this part to the end of PersonalTools.lua:

check_active = false
indicator = 3;
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
function find_specific_word()

word = "TODO"

scite.SendEditor(SCI_INDICSETSTYLE, indicator, INDIC_SQUIGGLE);
    scite.SendEditor(SCI_INDICSETFORE, indicator, 0x0000ff); -- (red)
    scite.SendEditor(SCI_INDICSETOUTLINEALPHA, indicator, 0xff); -- (red)
    scite.SendEditor(SCI_INDICSETALPHA, indicator, 0xff)

s,e = editor:findtext(word, SCFIND_WHOLEWORD, 0);

while s do

if (s ~= nil) then

local line = editor:LineFromPosition(s);
            local line_contents = editor:GetLine(line);

scite.SendEditor(SCI_SETINDICATORCURRENT, indicator);
            scite.SendEditor(SCI_INDICATORFILLRANGE, s, e - s)

end

s,e = editor:findtext(word, SCFIND_WHOLEWORD, e+1)

end
end

-- TODO:
function clear_markers()

-- Clear the entire file
    scite.SendEditor(SCI_INDICATORCLEARRANGE, 0, editor.Length);

s,e = editor:findtext("", SCFIND_REGEXP, 0);

end

--
function switch_check()

if (check_active ~= true) then
        check_active = true;

find_specific_word()

else
        check_active = false;
         clear_markers()
    end
end

Added this to sciteuser.properties:

command.name.49.*=Find String
command.49.*=switch_check()
command.subsystem.49.*=3
command.mode.49.*=savebefore:no
command.shortcut.49.*=Ctrl+Alt+P

restarted SciTE and now Ctrl+Alt+P toggles a red line underneath the word "todo".

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• 1 month later...

Hello.
I have a question about Au3Stripper (19.102.1901.5) and this parameters set:

#Au3Stripper_Parameters=/MO /RSLN

In relation to history file:

- 17.224.935.2 Changed /rsln to replace @ScriptLineNumber in the Master script with "XXX/YYY". XXX is the master script linenumber, YYY is the Merged script linenumber.

I should have something like this: 2313/73623 but I get only 73623

What did i miss ?

Signature beginning:
Please remember: "AutoIt"..... *  Wondering who uses AutoIt and what it can be used for ? * Forum Rules *
ADO.au3 UDF * POP3.au3 UDF * XML.au3 UDF * IE on Windows 11 * How to ask ChatGPT for AutoIt Codefor other useful stuff click the following button:

Spoiler

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind. 

My contribution (my own projects): * Debenu Quick PDF Library - UDF * Debenu PDF Viewer SDK - UDF * Acrobat Reader - ActiveX Viewer * UDF for PDFCreator v1.x.x * XZip - UDF * AppCompatFlags UDF * CrowdinAPI UDF * _WinMergeCompare2Files() * _JavaExceptionAdd() * _IsBeta() * Writing DPI Awareness App - workaround * _AutoIt_RequiredVersion() * Chilkatsoft.au3 UDF * TeamViewer.au3 UDF * JavaManagement UDF * VIES over SOAP * WinSCP UDF * GHAPI UDF - modest begining - comunication with GitHub REST APIErrorLog.au3 UDF - A logging Library * Include Dependency Tree (Tool for analyzing script relations) * Show_Macro_Values.au3 *

My contribution to others projects or UDF based on  others projects: * _sql.au3 UDF  * POP3.au3 UDF *  RTF Printer - UDF * XML.au3 UDF * ADO.au3 UDF SMTP Mailer UDF * Dual Monitor resolution detection * * 2GUI on Dual Monitor System * _SciLexer.au3 UDF * SciTE - Lexer for console pane

Useful links: * Forum Rules * Forum etiquette *  Forum Information and FAQs * How to post code on the forum * AutoIt Online Documentation * AutoIt Online Beta Documentation * SciTE4AutoIt3 getting started * Convert text blocks to AutoIt code * Games made in Autoit * Programming related sites * Polish AutoIt Tutorial * DllCall Code Generator * 

Wiki: Expand your knowledge - AutoIt Wiki * Collection of User Defined Functions * How to use HelpFile * Good coding practices in AutoIt * 

OpenOffice/LibreOffice/XLS Related: WriterDemo.au3 * XLS/MDB from scratch with ADOX

IE Related:  * How to use IE.au3  UDF with  AutoIt v3.3.14.x * Why isn't Autoit able to click a Javascript Dialog? * Clicking javascript button with no ID * IE document >> save as MHT file * IETab Switcher (by LarsJ ) * HTML Entities * _IEquerySelectorAll() (by uncommon) * IE in TaskSchedulerIE Embedded Control Versioning (use IE9+ and HTML5 in a GUI) * PDF Related:How to get reference to PDF object embeded in IE * IE on Windows 11

I encourage you to read: * Global Vars * Best Coding Practices * Please explain code used in Help file for several File functions * OOP-like approach in AutoIt * UDF-Spec Questions *  EXAMPLE: How To Catch ConsoleWrite() output to a file or to CMD *

I also encourage you to check awesome @trancexx code:  * Create COM objects from modules without any demand on user to register anything. * Another COM object registering stuffOnHungApp handlerAvoid "AutoIt Error" message box in unknown errors  * HTML editor

winhttp.au3 related : * https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/206771-winhttpau3-download-problem-youre-speaking-plain-http-to-an-ssl-enabled-server-port/

"Homo sum; humani nil a me alienum puto" - Publius Terentius Afer
"Program are meant to be read by humans and only incidentally for computers and execute" - Donald Knuth, "The Art of Computer Programming"
:naughty:  :ranting:, be  :) and       \\//_.

Anticipating Errors :  "Any program that accepts data from a user must include code to validate that data before sending it to the data store. You cannot rely on the data store, ...., or even your programming language to notify you of problems. You must check every byte entered by your users, making sure that data is the correct type for its field and that required fields are not empty."

Signature last update: 2023-04-24

• Jos changed the title to 27 November 2019: Uploaded a new SciTE4AutoIt3.exe v19.1127.1402.0 installer.
  • Jos locked and unpinned this topic