27 November 2019: Uploaded a new SciTE4AutoIt3.exe v19.1127.1402.0 installer.

Jos

• Developers
24 minutes ago, mLipok said:

What did i miss ?

No idea and a simple test was working fine, so do you have a script that shows me the issue you see and I can test with?

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

I think I found it out by myself, where the issue was .... In my thinking.

I have several of my own UDF and this @ScriptLineNumber macro was used in one of this UDF.

Now I know I was wrong because I forgot that

- 17.224.935.2 Changed /rsln to replace @ScriptLineNumber in the Master script with "XXX/YYY". XXX is the master script linenumber, YYY is the Merged script linenumber.

XXX is the master script linenumber and because of this XXX for UDF is not given.

But I want to ask if you can add a feature which will add "UDFNAME_XXX/YYY" or something like this.

?

Edited by mLipok

Signature beginning:
Please remember: "AutoIt"..... *  Wondering who uses AutoIt and what it can be used for ? * Forum Rules *
ADO.au3 UDF * POP3.au3 UDF * XML.au3 UDF * IE on Windows 11 * How to ask ChatGPT for AutoIt Codefor other useful stuff click the following button:

Spoiler

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind. 

My contribution (my own projects): * Debenu Quick PDF Library - UDF * Debenu PDF Viewer SDK - UDF * Acrobat Reader - ActiveX Viewer * UDF for PDFCreator v1.x.x * XZip - UDF * AppCompatFlags UDF * CrowdinAPI UDF * _WinMergeCompare2Files() * _JavaExceptionAdd() * _IsBeta() * Writing DPI Awareness App - workaround * _AutoIt_RequiredVersion() * Chilkatsoft.au3 UDF * TeamViewer.au3 UDF * JavaManagement UDF * VIES over SOAP * WinSCP UDF * GHAPI UDF - modest begining - comunication with GitHub REST APIErrorLog.au3 UDF - A logging Library * Include Dependency Tree (Tool for analyzing script relations) * Show_Macro_Values.au3 *

My contribution to others projects or UDF based on  others projects: * _sql.au3 UDF  * POP3.au3 UDF *  RTF Printer - UDF * XML.au3 UDF * ADO.au3 UDF SMTP Mailer UDF * Dual Monitor resolution detection * * 2GUI on Dual Monitor System * _SciLexer.au3 UDF * SciTE - Lexer for console pane

Useful links: * Forum Rules * Forum etiquette *  Forum Information and FAQs * How to post code on the forum * AutoIt Online Documentation * AutoIt Online Beta Documentation * SciTE4AutoIt3 getting started * Convert text blocks to AutoIt code * Games made in Autoit * Programming related sites * Polish AutoIt Tutorial * DllCall Code Generator * 

Wiki: Expand your knowledge - AutoIt Wiki * Collection of User Defined Functions * How to use HelpFile * Good coding practices in AutoIt * 

OpenOffice/LibreOffice/XLS Related: WriterDemo.au3 * XLS/MDB from scratch with ADOX

IE Related:  * How to use IE.au3  UDF with  AutoIt v3.3.14.x * Why isn't Autoit able to click a Javascript Dialog? * Clicking javascript button with no ID * IE document >> save as MHT file * IETab Switcher (by LarsJ ) * HTML Entities * _IEquerySelectorAll() (by uncommon) * IE in TaskSchedulerIE Embedded Control Versioning (use IE9+ and HTML5 in a GUI) * PDF Related:How to get reference to PDF object embeded in IE * IE on Windows 11

I encourage you to read: * Global Vars * Best Coding Practices * Please explain code used in Help file for several File functions * OOP-like approach in AutoIt * UDF-Spec Questions *  EXAMPLE: How To Catch ConsoleWrite() output to a file or to CMD *

I also encourage you to check awesome @trancexx code:  * Create COM objects from modules without any demand on user to register anything. * Another COM object registering stuffOnHungApp handlerAvoid "AutoIt Error" message box in unknown errors  * HTML editor

winhttp.au3 related : * https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/206771-winhttpau3-download-problem-youre-speaking-plain-http-to-an-ssl-enabled-server-port/

"Homo sum; humani nil a me alienum puto" - Publius Terentius Afer
"Program are meant to be read by humans and only incidentally for computers and execute" - Donald Knuth, "The Art of Computer Programming"
:naughty:  :ranting:, be  :) and       \\//_.

Anticipating Errors :  "Any program that accepts data from a user must include code to validate that data before sending it to the data store. You cannot rely on the data store, ...., or even your programming language to notify you of problems. You must check every byte entered by your users, making sure that data is the correct type for its field and that required fields are not empty."

Signature last update: 2023-04-24

• Developers
1 hour ago, mLipok said:

But I want to ask if you can add a feature which will add "UDFNAME_XXX/YYY" or something like this.

I like the idea, but guess you mean the #include filename instead of UDFNAME (Name for the function)?
This would mean you get something like this potentially: 

$test2 = @ScriptLineNumber
; translates to:
$test2 = "d:\development\autoit3\programs\test\test\test2.au3  7/2"

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

$test2 = "test2:7/2"

instead:

$test2 = "d:\development\autoit3\programs\test\test\test2.au3  7/2"

would be beter.

EDIT:

for example if I have UDF called:   CRM_ADO.au3

#include "CRM_ADO.au3"

then this snippet:

ConsoleWrite("! " & @ScriptLineNumber & @CRLF)

should be translated to something like this:

ConsoleWrite("! " & "CRM_ADO:17/78520" & @CRLF)

Edited by mLipok

Signature beginning:
Please remember: "AutoIt"..... *  Wondering who uses AutoIt and what it can be used for ? * Forum Rules *
ADO.au3 UDF * POP3.au3 UDF * XML.au3 UDF * IE on Windows 11 * How to ask ChatGPT for AutoIt Codefor other useful stuff click the following button:

Spoiler

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind. 

My contribution (my own projects): * Debenu Quick PDF Library - UDF * Debenu PDF Viewer SDK - UDF * Acrobat Reader - ActiveX Viewer * UDF for PDFCreator v1.x.x * XZip - UDF * AppCompatFlags UDF * CrowdinAPI UDF * _WinMergeCompare2Files() * _JavaExceptionAdd() * _IsBeta() * Writing DPI Awareness App - workaround * _AutoIt_RequiredVersion() * Chilkatsoft.au3 UDF * TeamViewer.au3 UDF * JavaManagement UDF * VIES over SOAP * WinSCP UDF * GHAPI UDF - modest begining - comunication with GitHub REST APIErrorLog.au3 UDF - A logging Library * Include Dependency Tree (Tool for analyzing script relations) * Show_Macro_Values.au3 *

My contribution to others projects or UDF based on  others projects: * _sql.au3 UDF  * POP3.au3 UDF *  RTF Printer - UDF * XML.au3 UDF * ADO.au3 UDF SMTP Mailer UDF * Dual Monitor resolution detection * * 2GUI on Dual Monitor System * _SciLexer.au3 UDF * SciTE - Lexer for console pane

Useful links: * Forum Rules * Forum etiquette *  Forum Information and FAQs * How to post code on the forum * AutoIt Online Documentation * AutoIt Online Beta Documentation * SciTE4AutoIt3 getting started * Convert text blocks to AutoIt code * Games made in Autoit * Programming related sites * Polish AutoIt Tutorial * DllCall Code Generator * 

Wiki: Expand your knowledge - AutoIt Wiki * Collection of User Defined Functions * How to use HelpFile * Good coding practices in AutoIt * 

OpenOffice/LibreOffice/XLS Related: WriterDemo.au3 * XLS/MDB from scratch with ADOX

IE Related:  * How to use IE.au3  UDF with  AutoIt v3.3.14.x * Why isn't Autoit able to click a Javascript Dialog? * Clicking javascript button with no ID * IE document >> save as MHT file * IETab Switcher (by LarsJ ) * HTML Entities * _IEquerySelectorAll() (by uncommon) * IE in TaskSchedulerIE Embedded Control Versioning (use IE9+ and HTML5 in a GUI) * PDF Related:How to get reference to PDF object embeded in IE * IE on Windows 11

I encourage you to read: * Global Vars * Best Coding Practices * Please explain code used in Help file for several File functions * OOP-like approach in AutoIt * UDF-Spec Questions *  EXAMPLE: How To Catch ConsoleWrite() output to a file or to CMD *

I also encourage you to check awesome @trancexx code:  * Create COM objects from modules without any demand on user to register anything. * Another COM object registering stuffOnHungApp handlerAvoid "AutoIt Error" message box in unknown errors  * HTML editor

winhttp.au3 related : * https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/206771-winhttpau3-download-problem-youre-speaking-plain-http-to-an-ssl-enabled-server-port/

"Program are meant to be read by humans and only incidentally for computers and execute" - Donald Knuth, "The Art of Computer Programming"

Anticipating Errors :  "Any program that accepts data from a user must include code to validate that data before sending it to the data store. You cannot rely on the data store, ...., or even your programming language to notify you of problems. You must check every byte entered by your users, making sure that data is the correct type for its field and that required fields are not empty."

Awesome

Signature beginning:

Spoiler

btw.

I found one bug in SciTE4Au3 but I think this is related to the main SciTE version by Neil Hodgson .
Currently, I use

Version 4.2.0 
    Sep  3 2019 19:04:05
by Neil Hodgson.
 Updated by Jos
Check the SciTE4AutoIt3 Homepage for Updates
December 1998-July 2019.

my *_stripped.au3 file has 85260 lines and 4082070 bytes.

in my test scenario, when I tried to check how this new feature for @ScriptLineNumber works, I several times used CTRL+G to "GO TO" a specific line ....
,,,, and few times SciTE wash just simply crashed (without any error message), just process was immediately closed.

For now, I can not replicate this error, will try this weekend.

Signature beginning:

Spoiler

16 hours ago, Jos said:

15 hours ago, Jos said:

Give the current Au3Stripper.exe a spin to see if that works for you. :) 

In production scripts works splendidly.

Response to report: There was a huge text box inside the quote - should work fine now

Edited by Melba23
Cos the OP asked me to try!

Signature beginning:

Spoiler

The only problem is when somebody uses:

_ConsoleOut("! @ScriptLineNumber=" & @ScriptLineNumber & @CRLF)

then it goes to:

_ConsoleOut("! "epuap:1203/82556"=" & "epuap:1203/82556" & @CRLF)

and:

"Z:\TOOLs\Macro\PROGRAMY\KK_ePUAP\KK_ePUAP_stripped.au3"(82556,17) : error: syntax error

but this is easy to handle by changing this line to:

_ConsoleOut("! ScriptLineNumber=" & @ScriptLineNumber & @CRLF)

Signature beginning:

Spoiler

• Developers

Try the latest Beta which should now skip any literal string replacement of @ScriptLineNumber. 

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

I'm thinking now if this is possible to omnit/bypass the change, when @ScriptLineNumber is in "Function Constructor Line":
For example in this line:

Func _DebugReportVar($sVarName, $vVar, $bErrExt = False, Const $iDebugLineNumber = @ScriptLineNumber, Const $_iCurrentError = @error, Const $_iCurrentExtended = @extended)

Signature beginning:

Spoiler

1 hour ago, mLipok said:

when @ScriptLineNumber is in "Function Constructor Line"

it would not in my view. You'd have to pass the @ScriptLineNumber as a parameter, otherwise It'd be -1 or whatever, other than the line number it comes from.
Can't eat your cake and have it too :P 

Follow the link to my code contribution ( and other things too ).
FAQ - Please Read Before Posting.
autoit_scripter_blue_userbar.png

45 minutes ago, argumentum said:

Can't eat your cake and have it too :P 

Yes I know.
But I want to be sure that in a case when @ScriptLineNumber is passed as a default value then this should not point to the Constructor line, but instead, it should be not changed in a stripped script.

For example:

#AutoIt3Wrapper_Run_Au3Stripper=Y
#Au3Stripper_Parameters=/MO /RSLN
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Change2CUI=Y
Func _Example($Parameter = @ScriptLineNumber)
    ConsoleWrite("! " & $Parameter & @CRLF)
EndFunc
_Example(@ScriptLineNumber) ; compiled should point to 7/7 in testing is 7
_Example()  ; compiled should not point to 4/4 but should be exactly the same as in standard compilation (not stripped) ... @ScriptLineNumber = -1
;~          ; because Au3Stripper can not calculate 8 like in testing mode.
;~          ; because could want to check in function            If $Parameter = -1 Then ....

Edited by mLipok

Signature beginning:

Spoiler

6 minutes ago, mLipok said:

it should be not changed in a stripped script that Compiled mode should not be changed in comparison to testing mode.

#AutoIt3Wrapper_Run_Au3Stripper=Y
#Au3Stripper_Parameters=/MO /RSLN
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Change2CUI=Y
Func _Example($Parameter = (@Compiled ? -1 : @ScriptLineNumber))
    ConsoleWrite("! " & $Parameter & @CRLF)
EndFunc
_Example(@ScriptLineNumber) ; compiled should point to 7/7 in testing is 7
_Example()  ; compiled should not point to 4/4 but should be exactly the same as in standard compilation (not stripped) ... @ScriptLineNumber = -1
;~          ; because Au3Stripper can not calculate 8 like in testing mode.
;~          ; because user can check in funcion            If @ScriptLineNumber = -1 Then ....

Follow the link to my code contribution ( and other things too ).
FAQ - Please Read Before Posting.
autoit_scripter_blue_userbar.png

• Developers

I am sorry, but this is asking for miracles. ;) 
The au3stripper paramater /RSLN will replace the @marco  @ScriptLineNumber with the Exact line number of the line it is found, both original and new.

EDIT: or is the basic question never to replace @ScriptLineNumber on a "Func XYZ(...........)" line and just leave it?  (You do realize how niche this is right?)

Jos

Edited by Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

2 hours ago, Jos said:

(You do realize how niche this is right?)

niche ? what this word mean ?

Signature beginning:

Spoiler

• Developers

Meaning of niche in English: 
interesting to, aimed at, or affecting only a small number of people:

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

2 hours ago, Jos said:

Meaning of niche in English
interesting to, aimed at, or affecting only a small number of people:

noun: niche; plural noun: niches; noun: one's niche; plural noun: one's niches

a shallow recess, especially one in a wall to display a statue or other ornament.
    "each niche holding a shepherdess in Dresden china"
    Synonyme:  recess, alcove, nook, cranny, slot, slit, hollow, bay, cavity, cubbyhole, pigeonhole, opening, aperture; mihrab
    "in a niche in the wall is a statue of St John"
    a comfortable or suitable position in life or employment.
    "he is now head chef at a leading law firm and feels he has found his niche"
    Synonyme:  ideal position, calling, vocation, métier, place, function, job, slot, opportunity
    "he feels he has found his niche in life"

adjective: niche

denoting or relating to products, services, or interests that appeal to a small, specialized section of the population.
    "other companies in this space had to adapt to being niche players"

verb: niche; 3rd person present: niches; past tense: niched; past participle: niched; gerund or present participle: niching

place (something) in a niche.
    "these elements were niched within the shadowy reaches"

;)

Edited by Musashi

Musashi-C64.png

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move."

• Developers
6 hours ago, Jos said:

EDIT: or is the basic question never to replace @ScriptLineNumber on a "Func XYZ(...........)" line and just leave it? 

Latest Beta version has this additional test in it as that was a simple change. ;) 
Hope that makes it perform correctly.

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Jos changed the title to 27 November 2019: Uploaded a new SciTE4AutoIt3.exe v19.1127.1402.0 installer.
  • Jos locked and unpinned this topic