27 November 2019: Uploaded a new SciTE4AutoIt3.exe v19.1127.1402.0 installer.

Jos

That's a SciTE issue. Just hit the end key while on that line and it'll recalculate the width of the script.

At that point though, I would really suggest wrapping the line with an underscore or using a few temporary variables

All my code provided is Public Domain... but it may not work. ;) Use it, change it, break it, whatever you want.

Spoiler

My Humble Contributions:
Personal Function Documentation - A personal HelpFile for your functions
Acro.au3 UDF - Automating Acrobat Pro
ToDo Finder - Find #ToDo: lines in your scripts
UI-SimpleWrappers UDF - Use UI Automation more Simply-er
KeePass UDF - Automate KeePass, a password manager
InputBoxes - Simple Input boxes for various variable types

• Developers

This is a known querk with SciTE....  Just hit the End key and the scrollbar will adapt. No much I can do as this is something in the Standard version I use.

Jos

EDIT @seadoggie01... get out of my head please ! ;) 

Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

• Developers
35 minutes ago, Colduction said:

Is there any hope to fix in future updates?

That something you need to ask here: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/scite-interest

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• 1 month later...

A very strange phenomenon:

On the disk partition outside the system C drive, use AutoIt3Wrapper.au3 (19.1127.1402.5) to test @ScriptDir,

The result returns @ScriptDir = 😄 \ Users \ ...

AutoIt3Wrapper.au3 (19.1127.1402.0) and (19.1127.1402.3) return correct

• Developers

@wyf, It is unclear to me what you are saying. please be a little more explicit by showing some code and the output of the SciTE Console.

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Console doesn't seem to support Chinese characters.  I've set everything to UTF-8 encoding beforehand, so everything else displays Chinese characters normally. I learned this from using Notepad2.

When writing to console:

Global Const $sVar =ConsoleWrite("sVar : " & $sVar)

In the console,  sVar will appear as question mark (?).

Exceptions are Msg & Input boxes. These display Chinese normally.

@wyf, I was about to point that out too. Thanks for confirming.

Everything else works normally internally with UTF-8 & externally in respect of Dir's being created successfully with Chinese in string and path.

Edited by Purity8

I was thinking that given the differences between WIN_10 environments, OS:WIN_10 don't say enough. Could you add the ReleaseId to it, like OS:WIN_10(1903) to the wrapper ?

ConsoleWrite('+ ReleaseId: ' & RegRead("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion", "ReleaseId") & @CRLF)

Thanks

Follow the link to my code contribution ( and other things too ).
FAQ - Please Read Before Posting.
autoit_scripter_blue_userbar.png

Au3Stripper ended with errors, using original scriptfile.rc:1

Au3Stripper wisely uses the original on potential errors. But we have the option to use:

#Au3Stripper_Off                          Stop the Stripping process below this line 
#Au3Stripper_On                           Start the Stripping process below this line 
#Au3Stripper_Ignore_Funcs=                Do not Strip these functions. ... .
#Au3Stripper_Ignore_Variables=            Do not Strip these variables. ... .

now, could you implement a #Au3Stripper_Ignore_Errors=TheseFunc* ?

This request is because Au3Stripper can guess so much and only so much. I the coder, know for a fact, that those functions will not misbehave but Au3Stripper can not risk it, hence, a "ignore these errors, there are on the coder" would be good to have.

I hope is an error counter that you can play with, or some simple thing. Thanks.

Edit: https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/files/file/500-ondebugmsgbox/ is a good example of something that would benefit from this.

Edited by argumentum

• Developers

That line is generated by AutoIt3Wrapper, which then decides to use the original. In case you always want to use the Stripped version anyways you simply use the appropriate #AutotIt3Wrapper directive: (last one) ;) 

; Au3Stripper Settings
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Run_Au3Stripper=                 ;(Y/N) Run Au3Stripper before compilation. default=N
#Au3Stripper_Parameters=                         ; Au3Stripper parameters...see SciTE4AutoIt3 Helpfile for options
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Au3stripper_OnError=             ;(C/S/ForceUse) Continue/Stop on Errors/Continue using stripped source in Exe (Default=C)

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

...ok, that is true, but ... can I have it, please, please, please, please ?

That way an UDF that is known to be kosher can be "error exempt" AND, the coder can be told that there is a problem with his/her code, unrelated to the "proven error exempt" part declared in the distributed UDF.

And I am painfully aware of the power of such, and the misuse/misapplication of it, and the complains down the road due to inexperienced ppl coding, and ... the whole 9 yards. But it would certainly be welcomed.

Edit: I hard coded the offending function in the UDF I used as an example to avoid the warning, but this is not the only piece of code where I could use the requested feature.

Edited by argumentum

• Developers
2 hours ago, argumentum said:

...ok, that is true, but ... can I have it, please, please, please, please ?

So you would like to be able to add :

#Au3Stripper_Ignore_Errors=DllCallbackRegister

To make au3stripper totally ignore this error for the specified functions:

-### StripOnly/StripFunc Error: Found DllCallbackRegister() statement using unsolvable Func, which will/could lead to removal of Funcs that are used by this Function.

.. and also not trigger an rc=1 returncode in case this was the only issue?

What exactly is the benefit for this in stead of using the option I provided?

Jos

Edited by Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

..skip the function. The user may use DllCallbackRegister() and mess up, so a global disregard for all DllCallbackRegister() would not be wise.
And yes to the "not trigger an rc=1" for the function that is excluded from error counts, if the only error is in the declared exempt function, otherwise it should return an error.

The idea would be to ignore errors from a function or functions, but do check everything, not excluded/ignored, as usual.

If the only viable simple solution is to exclude a set of error type, then no, it would not be the idea.

In a way I'm making a distinction between UDFs and scripts.
An UDF is something a scripter includes in the script and the UDF, is some magical code that someone else wrote and does its magical thing ( because scripting kids, like my self, see it just like that ).
This would be a tool meant for the experienced coder that knows what is doing.

Edited by argumentum

• Developers

Skipping the function i assume you mean skipping reporting any issues in that function?
I also see you put this line at the top:

#Au3Stripper_Ignore_Errors=__DebugMsgBox_*

So you would like to simply ignore any error in any of the UDF's with that mask?

Jos

Edited by Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Jos changed the title to 27 November 2019: Uploaded a new SciTE4AutoIt3.exe v19.1127.1402.0 installer.
  • Jos locked and unpinned this topic