27 November 2019: Uploaded a new SciTE4AutoIt3.exe v19.1127.1402.0 installer.

Jos

On 8/10/2020 at 1:43 PM, mLipok said:

in one of my project I get:

!>13:36:39 AutoIt3.exe ended.rc:-1073741819
+>13:36:39 AutoIt3Wrapper Finished.
>Exit code: 3221225477    Time: 15.52

my questions:
Is that normal that in this case AutoIt3Wrapper ends with different exit code than returned by AutoIt.exe  ?

What mean exit code == 3221225477 ?

I found what this was.

This error was releated to my Chilkat.au3 UDF

solution was to Set Object Variable to NULL before calling DllClose()

Func _Chilkat_ShutDown()
    Local $oErrorHandler = ObjEvent("AutoIt.Error", _Chilkat_COM_ErrFunc)
    #forceref $oErrorHandler

__ErrorLog_Chilkat('Closing opened Chilkat instances')
    If IsObj($__g_oChilkat_GLOBAL) Then
        If _Chilkat_IsRequiredVersion('9.5.0.56') Then $__g_oChilkat_GLOBAL.FinalizeThreadPool()
        $__g_oChilkat_GLOBAL = Null
    EndIf
    DllClose($__g_hDll_CHILKAT)
    $__g_hDll_CHILKAT = 0
EndFunc   ;==>_Chilkat_ShutDown

Edited by mLipok

Signature beginning:
Please remember: "AutoIt"..... *  Wondering who uses AutoIt and what it can be used for ? * Forum Rules *
ADO.au3 UDF * POP3.au3 UDF * XML.au3 UDF * IE on Windows 11 * How to ask ChatGPT for AutoIt Codefor other useful stuff click the following button:

Spoiler

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind. 

My contribution (my own projects): * Debenu Quick PDF Library - UDF * Debenu PDF Viewer SDK - UDF * Acrobat Reader - ActiveX Viewer * UDF for PDFCreator v1.x.x * XZip - UDF * AppCompatFlags UDF * CrowdinAPI UDF * _WinMergeCompare2Files() * _JavaExceptionAdd() * _IsBeta() * Writing DPI Awareness App - workaround * _AutoIt_RequiredVersion() * Chilkatsoft.au3 UDF * TeamViewer.au3 UDF * JavaManagement UDF * VIES over SOAP * WinSCP UDF * GHAPI UDF - modest begining - comunication with GitHub REST APIErrorLog.au3 UDF - A logging Library * Include Dependency Tree (Tool for analyzing script relations) * Show_Macro_Values.au3 *

My contribution to others projects or UDF based on  others projects: * _sql.au3 UDF  * POP3.au3 UDF *  RTF Printer - UDF * XML.au3 UDF * ADO.au3 UDF SMTP Mailer UDF * Dual Monitor resolution detection * * 2GUI on Dual Monitor System * _SciLexer.au3 UDF * SciTE - Lexer for console pane

Useful links: * Forum Rules * Forum etiquette *  Forum Information and FAQs * How to post code on the forum * AutoIt Online Documentation * AutoIt Online Beta Documentation * SciTE4AutoIt3 getting started * Convert text blocks to AutoIt code * Games made in Autoit * Programming related sites * Polish AutoIt Tutorial * DllCall Code Generator * 

Wiki: Expand your knowledge - AutoIt Wiki * Collection of User Defined Functions * How to use HelpFile * Good coding practices in AutoIt * 

OpenOffice/LibreOffice/XLS Related: WriterDemo.au3 * XLS/MDB from scratch with ADOX

IE Related:  * How to use IE.au3  UDF with  AutoIt v3.3.14.x * Why isn't Autoit able to click a Javascript Dialog? * Clicking javascript button with no ID * IE document >> save as MHT file * IETab Switcher (by LarsJ ) * HTML Entities * _IEquerySelectorAll() (by uncommon) * IE in TaskSchedulerIE Embedded Control Versioning (use IE9+ and HTML5 in a GUI) * PDF Related:How to get reference to PDF object embeded in IE * IE on Windows 11

I encourage you to read: * Global Vars * Best Coding Practices * Please explain code used in Help file for several File functions * OOP-like approach in AutoIt * UDF-Spec Questions *  EXAMPLE: How To Catch ConsoleWrite() output to a file or to CMD *

I also encourage you to check awesome @trancexx code:  * Create COM objects from modules without any demand on user to register anything. * Another COM object registering stuffOnHungApp handlerAvoid "AutoIt Error" message box in unknown errors  * HTML editor

winhttp.au3 related : * https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/206771-winhttpau3-download-problem-youre-speaking-plain-http-to-an-ssl-enabled-server-port/

"Homo sum; humani nil a me alienum puto" - Publius Terentius Afer
"Program are meant to be read by humans and only incidentally for computers and execute" - Donald Knuth, "The Art of Computer Programming"
:naughty:  :ranting:, be  :) and       \\//_.

Anticipating Errors :  "Any program that accepts data from a user must include code to validate that data before sending it to the data store. You cannot rely on the data store, ...., or even your programming language to notify you of problems. You must check every byte entered by your users, making sure that data is the correct type for its field and that required fields are not empty."

Signature last update: 2023-04-24

• 1 month later...

Hello @jos, I am an idiot for VS compilation, so I look forward to your help. Thank you!

After I localized the source code of scite420, compiled it with VS 2017, and the compiled SciTe.exe can be used.
But there are 2 questions that look forward to your help:
      1. Before compilation, VS 2017 creates a solution containing 2 projects SciLexer.vcxproj and SciTE.vcxproj,
And set SciTE.vcxproj to depend on SciLexer.vcxproj.
      But the SciTe.exe test I compiled without SciLexer.dll will not show the prompt "The Scintilla DLL could not be loaded. SciTE will now close"!
However, the syntax highlighting of the script and other menu commands are normal. I don't know if there will be any problems with such compilation results!
     2. I also want to add toolbar buttons in my localization, but I searched all the source code files, but I never found the code to create the toolbar and add the toolbar buttons.
And there is no icon file for the toolbar button. Can you help me? Thank you !!!

• Developers

There are 2 options for SciTE:

1. Compile the whole project into a single file ( also called SC1)  which is what we supply with the standard AutoIt3 installer and call the LITE version.
  2. Compile both SciTE and SciLexer.dll separately and provide them together will all properties files required, as i do with the FULL version of the SciTE4AutoIt3 installer.

So when you open "scite420\scite\win32\SciTE.vcxproj" and look at all included files in the project, you will notice that it contains all lexer's too, which means that this is the SC1 version. You will also see this when you click on Help in the SciTE menu.

I don't think there is an standard project for the version with the separate files, but the MAK files are there for each.

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

1 hour ago, Jos said:

Thank you for your prompt answer! In fact, the main purpose of my localization is to expand the command button of the toolbar. Since I can't find the relevant code and the icon file library of the button, I hope to get your guidance! Thank you! !!

Edited by wyf

• Developers

I am pretty sure I haven't written that quoted text. ;) 

A am not going to look at expanding the button options in SciTE and try to stick as close as possible to the original source as possible. I am a fan of the shortcuts anyways so use the buttons rarely.
On top of that, support of SciTE development should be found in the SciTE forum, not the AutoIt3 forum. :) 

Jos

Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Jos changed the title to 27 November 2019: Uploaded a new SciTE4AutoIt3.exe v19.1127.1402.0 installer.
6 minutes ago, Jos said:

I am pretty sure I haven't written that quoted text. ;) 

A am not going to look at expanding the button options in SciTE and try to stick as close as possible to the original source as possible. I am a fan of the shortcuts anyways so use the buttons rarely.
On top of that, support of SciTE development should be found in the SciTE forum, not the AutoIt3 forum. :) 

Jos

Got it, thanks again

Edited by Jos

• 4 months later...

It looks like the CTRL+SHIFT+R schortcut is not working.
It is enlisted in MENU :   Edit/Insert Abbreviation.

I get this following error in SciTE console:

Z:\AutoItPortable\App\SciTE\Lua\Tools.lua:72: Tool "PersonalTools.ToggleCurrentFunction 1" not found.
> Lua: error occurred while processing command 'InvokeTool PersonalTools.ToggleCurrentFunction 1'

Anybody can confirm the same issue ?
Maybe I have broken Tools.lua ?

Edited by mLipok

Signature beginning:
Please remember: "AutoIt"..... *  Wondering who uses AutoIt and what it can be used for ? * Forum Rules *
ADO.au3 UDF * POP3.au3 UDF * XML.au3 UDF * IE on Windows 11 * How to ask ChatGPT for AutoIt Codefor other useful stuff click the following button:

Spoiler

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind. 

My contribution (my own projects): * Debenu Quick PDF Library - UDF * Debenu PDF Viewer SDK - UDF * Acrobat Reader - ActiveX Viewer * UDF for PDFCreator v1.x.x * XZip - UDF * AppCompatFlags UDF * CrowdinAPI UDF * _WinMergeCompare2Files() * _JavaExceptionAdd() * _IsBeta() * Writing DPI Awareness App - workaround * _AutoIt_RequiredVersion() * Chilkatsoft.au3 UDF * TeamViewer.au3 UDF * JavaManagement UDF * VIES over SOAP * WinSCP UDF * GHAPI UDF - modest begining - comunication with GitHub REST APIErrorLog.au3 UDF - A logging Library * Include Dependency Tree (Tool for analyzing script relations) * Show_Macro_Values.au3 *

My contribution to others projects or UDF based on  others projects: * _sql.au3 UDF  * POP3.au3 UDF *  RTF Printer - UDF * XML.au3 UDF * ADO.au3 UDF SMTP Mailer UDF * Dual Monitor resolution detection * * 2GUI on Dual Monitor System * _SciLexer.au3 UDF * SciTE - Lexer for console pane

Useful links: * Forum Rules * Forum etiquette *  Forum Information and FAQs * How to post code on the forum * AutoIt Online Documentation * AutoIt Online Beta Documentation * SciTE4AutoIt3 getting started * Convert text blocks to AutoIt code * Games made in Autoit * Programming related sites * Polish AutoIt Tutorial * DllCall Code Generator * 

Wiki: Expand your knowledge - AutoIt Wiki * Collection of User Defined Functions * How to use HelpFile * Good coding practices in AutoIt * 

OpenOffice/LibreOffice/XLS Related: WriterDemo.au3 * XLS/MDB from scratch with ADOX

IE Related:  * How to use IE.au3  UDF with  AutoIt v3.3.14.x * Why isn't Autoit able to click a Javascript Dialog? * Clicking javascript button with no ID * IE document >> save as MHT file * IETab Switcher (by LarsJ ) * HTML Entities * _IEquerySelectorAll() (by uncommon) * IE in TaskSchedulerIE Embedded Control Versioning (use IE9+ and HTML5 in a GUI) * PDF Related:How to get reference to PDF object embeded in IE * IE on Windows 11

I encourage you to read: * Global Vars * Best Coding Practices * Please explain code used in Help file for several File functions * OOP-like approach in AutoIt * UDF-Spec Questions *  EXAMPLE: How To Catch ConsoleWrite() output to a file or to CMD *

I also encourage you to check awesome @trancexx code:  * Create COM objects from modules without any demand on user to register anything. * Another COM object registering stuffOnHungApp handlerAvoid "AutoIt Error" message box in unknown errors  * HTML editor

winhttp.au3 related : * https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/206771-winhttpau3-download-problem-youre-speaking-plain-http-to-an-ssl-enabled-server-port/

"Homo sum; humani nil a me alienum puto" - Publius Terentius Afer
"Program are meant to be read by humans and only incidentally for computers and execute" - Donald Knuth, "The Art of Computer Programming"
:naughty:  :ranting:, be  :) and       \\//_.

Anticipating Errors :  "Any program that accepts data from a user must include code to validate that data before sending it to the data store. You cannot rely on the data store, ...., or even your programming language to notify you of problems. You must check every byte entered by your users, making sure that data is the correct type for its field and that required fields are not empty."

Signature last update: 2023-04-24

• Developers

This seems to be a personal setup tool and should be located in PersonalTools.lua in your SCITE_USERHOME directory.

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Jos locked this topic
  • Jos unpinned this topic