Internet Explorer 11 startup parameters

Sam

Hello,

This is probably a dumb question, but I've searched the web and didn't find an answer.

I'd like to start Internet Explorer 11 and open new tabs in the same window with different URLs. What parameters do I use with IE 11?

Thanks

30 minutes ago, Sam said:

What parameters do I use with IE 11?

I'm not sure I understood you correctly, but do you mean those settings?

2016-08-10 (1).png

Or maybe : open-different-urls-in-ie-in-different-tabs

Edited by Musashi

Musashi-C64.png

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move."

Thanks for the suggestion, but I guess I need to be more specific.

In my autoit script I code this with Chrome to open a URL in a new tab.

Run("C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe -new-tab http://gmail.com")

When I code "-new-tab" for IE (and replace chrome.exe with iexplore.exe) IE opens in a new window not a new tab.

"-new-tab" is not a valid command line option for IE, so each time you run it, you are running a new version of IE. IE does not have an equivalent to "-new-tab".

This link below (which I found easily by following the suggested link by @Musashi) appears to give some helpful insights.

Problem solving step 1: Write a simple, self-contained, running, replicator of your problem.

I read the links above. They all seem to deal with programming. I don't want to get involved with programming. 

Is there a parameter I can give IE 11 using the run command in a script to open a given URL in a new tab?

Thanks for the reminder ...

I'll work on learning the language so I can make IE 11 open new tabs in the same window.

BTW, I've used Chrome for years, but am thinking of going back to IE because Chrome has become very sluggish and the default font color is gray instead of black. 

5 minutes ago, Sam said:

I'll work on learning the language so I can make IE 11 open new tabs in the same window.

Take a look at the IE UDF. It is a very good way to automate IE 11.