Select and copy filtered cell in excel - (Moved)

AshishS

Hi friends,

I am new to Autoit and would like to automate excel task. I am trying to bring source formatted vlookup text to another sheet. I am looking for autoit to help me but I got stuck in autoit code. My idea is to select the filtered excel cell value with this code, copy it and paste at destination cell but I don't know how to select specific filtered cell so that I can copy it. Need your help to get rid of this.

$oRange = $oExcel.ActiveSheet.Range("A1:AK871")
For $oRow In $oRange.Rows
    If $oRow.Hidden = False Then
        ConsoleWrite($oRow.Columns(37).Value)
        Send("^c")
    EndIf
Next

Also let me know if there is a better way to do this task in excel only.

Welcome to AutoIt and the forum!

How to retrieve all filtered rows can be found in the wiki.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

It is much more simple and efficient to store it in an array and write it to the target excel destination.  Copy / paste is for human.  Arrays are for machine.  Take the suggestion of @water and look at _Excel_RangeWrite.  You will get script in no time...

As $oArea is a Range object you could use function _Excel_CopyPaste to copy each Area of the filtered sheet.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

• Moderators

Moved to the appropriate forum, as the Developer General Discussion forum very clearly states:

General development and scripting discussions. If it's super geeky and you don't know where to put it - it's probably here.

Do not create AutoIt-related topics here, use the AutoIt General Help and Support or AutoIt Technical Discussion forums.

Moderation Team

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

Thanks all for your reply.

Hey @water,

I implemented _ExcelRangeCopyPaste and it works great for me. Thanks a ton!

Only problem is that it will copy the header cell as well, which is not required. Please help me to find where I am wrong.

Thanks in advance.

For $oRow In $oExcel.Worksheets("1").AutoFilter.Range.Rows
    If $oRow.Hidden = False Then
        _Excel_RangeCopyPaste($oExcel.ActiveSheet, $oRow(1).Columns(3), $oExcel.Worksheets("2").Range($Fi))
    EndIf
 Next

You could simply delete the header range after you have copied all filtered  ranges. 

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki