WebDriver UDF - Help & Support (II)

Danp2

• Developers
5 hours ago, hoangvu0905 said:

Sorry to bother you again.
I use firefox to reopen the existing profile. However this firefox does not save my previous used browser history. Can you help me
Thank you very much.

Please use this Support thread for your questions. Thanks

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

5 hours ago, hoangvu0905 said:

I use firefox to reopen the existing profile. However this firefox does not save my previous used browser history. Can you help me

From your description, it sounds like you aren't doing it correctly because I believe the browser history would be present if the correct profile is used.

Enter "about:support" as a URL to go to the troubleshooting page, which will show you the current profile in use. Compare this information for browser instances launched manually vs with the webdriver.

@Danp2Thanks for your answers, but the question remains 😞

When I make a request like:

$aElements = _WD_FindElement($sSession, $_WD_LOCATOR_ByXPath, "//a[@href='/office_online/']", Default, True)
_ArrayDisplay($aElements)

I get the array values:

Row0 47fe4e84-786e-44d1-b3bc-44e2a72df893
Row1 47fe45bk-5466-44d1-9879-tgedfghgf785

What this means, I do not know, but at least on the page the query finds this entry.
But I need to get in the array a value like Row0 office_online and I make a request:

$aElements = _WD_FindElement($sSession, $_WD_LOCATOR_ByXPath, "//a[@href='/*/']", Default, True)
_ArrayDisplay($aElements)

However, he is not looking for anything  Even if I put * or *. *😞

How can I get what I need if the page has a code of the form:

<div class="username">
<a href="/office_online/"> office_online</a>
</div>

???

38 minutes ago, sarge said:

When I make a request like <snip> I get the array values <snip> What this means, I do not know,

These are the element id's of the elements that matched your given criteria. Now go back and read me earlier response about how to process them further to get the desired property / attribute from each one. You'll need to make some adjustments since your criteria has changed.

P.S. Your requirements are certainly unique. Can you share more details on what your end goal is and what website is involved?

Sorry for the wrong comment topic.
Following your instructions, I went to "about: support". And I realized that Profile is automatically created (it is at% Temp%) without activating the cache (the history is in the browser cache). I added "about: config" such an index and it worked.
Thank Danp2.

@Danp2Hello,

Thank you for your comments!
After reading them more carefully and examining the desired page, I found a working configuration:

$aElements = _WD_FindElement($sSession, $_WD_LOCATOR_ByXPath, "//a[@class='cell']", Default, True)
$sSource  = _WD_ElementAction($sSession, $aElements[Random(0,UBound($aElements)-1,1)], "Attribute", "href")
_WD_Navigate($sSession, $sSource)

Or, to implement a mouse click, you can implement the following:

$aElements = _WD_FindElement($sSession, $_WD_LOCATOR_ByXPath, "//a[@class='cell']", Default, True)
_WD_ElementAction($sSession, $aElements[Random(0,UBound($aElements)-1,1)], 'click')

And then bring it all into a cycle according to your taste...

Thanks again for your tips!
Without them, I would not have done anything.

And I apologize for future questions :-)
P.S. This is how a random selection of pictures is implemented on a project similar to wallpapers.com

Hi,

I am trying to push geckodriver's output to a .log file. But I couldn't find any geckodriver.log file in the script folder after execution. Am I missing any parameters in the setup method? 

Please help.

Func SetupGecko()
_WD_Option('Driver', 'geckodriver.exe')
_WD_Option('DriverParams', '--log trace')
;_WD_Option("DriverParams", '-vv >' & @ScriptDir & '\geckodriver.log')
;_WD_Option('DriverParams', '--log trace --marionette-port 3687')
_WD_Option('Port', 4444)
$sDesiredCapabilities = '{"desiredCapabilities":{"javascriptEnabled":true,"nativeEvents":true,"acceptInsecureCerts":true}}'
EndFunc

@PoojaKrishna Not something that I've needed to do with geckodriver, but I think you have the right idea with setting "DriverParams" with the appropriate file redirection. Did you try it like this, which should handle a path with spaces in it?

_WD_Option('DriverParams', '--log trace > "' & @ScriptDir & '\geckodriver.log"')

P.S. You post was moved to this support thread because the other thread is intended for UDF development discussions. Please post your future support questions here

Just tried and failed. Copying the console out.

_WDStartup: OS: WIN_10 WIN32_NT 17763 
_WDStartup: AutoIt: 3.3.14.5
_WDStartup: WD.au3: 0.2.0.4
_WDStartup: WinHTTP:    1.6.4.1
_WDStartup: Driver: geckodriver.exe
_WDStartup: Params: --log trace > "D:\Pooja Projects\Tim\geckodriver.log"
_WDStartup: Port:   4444
__WD_Post: URL=HTTP://127.0.0.1:4444/session; $sData={"desiredCapabilities":{"javascriptEnabled":true,"nativeEvents":true,"acceptInsecureCerts":true}}
__WD_Post: StatusCode=0; ResponseText=0
__WD_Post ==> Send / Recv error
_WD_CreateSession: 0
_WD_CreateSession ==> Webdriver Exception: HTTP status = 0

All files updated, but not working with: 

Func SetupGecko()
_WD_Option('Driver', 'geckodriver.exe')
;_WD_Option('DriverParams', '--log trace')
_WD_Option('DriverParams', '--log trace > "' & @ScriptDir & '\geckodriver.log"')
_WD_Option('Port', 4444)
$sDesiredCapabilities = '{"desiredCapabilities":{"javascriptEnabled":true,"nativeEvents":true,"acceptInsecureCerts":true}}'
EndFunc

_WD_IsLatestRelease: True
_WD_IsLatestRelease ==> Success
_WDStartup: OS: WIN_10 WIN32_NT 17763 
_WDStartup: AutoIt: 3.3.14.5
_WDStartup: WD.au3: 0.2.0.9 (Up to date)
_WDStartup: WinHTTP:    1.6.4.2
_WDStartup: Driver: geckodriver.exe
_WDStartup: Params: --log trace > "D:\Pooja Projects\Tim\geckodriver.log"
_WDStartup: Port:   4444
__WD_Post: URL=HTTP://127.0.0.1:4444/session; $sData={"desiredCapabilities":{"javascriptEnabled":true,"nativeEvents":true,"acceptInsecureCerts":true}}
__WD_Post: StatusCode=0; ResponseText=0...
__WD_Post ==> Send / Recv error
_WD_CreateSession: 0
_WD_CreateSession ==> Webdriver Exception: HTTP status = 0
__WD_Delete: URL=HTTP://127.0.0.1:4444/session/
__WD_Delete: StatusCode=0; ResponseText=0...
__WD_Delete ==> Webdriver Exception
_WD_DeleteSession: 0
_WD_DeleteSession ==> Webdriver Exception: HTTP status = 0

@Danp2Hello,

I got a system question.
Most of the processing in the programs looks like this:

For i = 1 to 50
_WD_Navigate($sSession, "https://test.com")
Sleep(1500)
$sElement = _WD_FindElement($sSession, $_WD_LOCATOR_ByXPath, "//div[@class='nav_list']")
Sleep(500)
....etc....
Next

Accordingly, time is lost until each session responds to the cycle and proceeds to the next step.
And if the sessions are 50, 100, 500?
It takes a long time before the cycle is completed!
Is there a way to implement multiprocessing in a program?
That is, each browser session starts to execute the command immediately, without waiting for the previous one?

@sarge Maybe I'm just being extra dense in my old age, but I'm having difficulty understanding the issue --

• Which commands are causing the slowdown?
  • Have you tried controlling multiple tabs by switching between them with _WD_Window or _WD_Attach?
  • If you are trying to reduce run times, why throw in the extra Sleep commands?

@Danp2Hello,

Some more simple questions came up.
I’m probably too careless, but I can’t understand why I can’t insert a variable element search string:

$sURL = GUICtrlRead($URL)
$sElement = _WD_FindElement($sSession, $_WD_LOCATOR_ByXPath, "//a[@href='&$sURL&']")
_WD_ElementAction($sSession, $sElement, 'click')

Another attempt with this design:

$sURL = GUICtrlRead($URL)
_WD_LinkClickByText($sSession, $sURL)

Also gives nothing, no matter what text I enter into the variable $sURL...

Do not tell me where I'm wrong?

And whether the functions still work: _WD_MoveMouseTo($sSession,$sElem), _WD_SetFocus($sSession,$sElem) ??

8 minutes ago, sarge said:

$sElement = _WD_FindElement($sSession, $_WD_LOCATOR_ByXPath, "//a[@href='&$sURL&']")

Write the result to the console and you should see the issue, like this --

ConsoleWrite("//a[@href='&$sURL&']" & @crlf)
_WD_LinkClickByText($sSession, $sURL)

The function is _WD_LinkClickByText, so it's not going to work with the URL because you generally won't find the URL in the text attribute of a link.

Yes, with this request the variable is not converted, and shows in console:

$sURL = office_online
ConsoleWrite("//a[@href='&$sURL&']" & @crlf)
//a[@href='&$sURL&'

But when I insert a direct link:

$sElement = _WD_FindElement($sSession, $_WD_LOCATOR_ByXPath, "//a[@href='office_online']")

Everything works fine...

The question was, is it even possible to insert a variable into this line?

• Jos locked this topic