WebDriver UDF - Help & Support (II)

Danp2

2 hours ago, Danp2 said:

@abodilsen Have you tried using _WD_Alert to see if it detects this popup?

Hi Dan. 

Thank you for quickly replying. 

I have tried to add a

_WD_Alert($sSession, 'accept')

But I get the following result. 

_WD_Alert: {"value":{"error":"no such alert","message":"no such alert\n  (Session info: chrome=87.0.4280.88)","stacktrace":"Backtrace:\n\tOrdinal0 [0x0106C0C3+3326147]\n\tOrdinal0 [0x00F50851+2164817]\n\tOrdinal0 [0x00DD7140+618816]\n\tOrdinal0 [0x00DD1AB9+596665]\n\tOrdinal0 [0x00D43871+14449]\n\tOrdinal0 [0x00D71A5C+203356]\n\tOrdinal0 [0x00D4344E+13390]\n\tOrdinal0 [0x00D7189B+202907]\n\tOrdinal0 [0x00D53DF4+81396]\n\tOrdinal0 [0x00D54DEE+85486]\n\tOrdinal0 [0x00D54D79+85369]\n\tOrdinal0 [0x00F685DC+2262492]\n\tGetHandleVerifier [0x011F2874+1487204]\n\tGetHandleVerifier [0x011F23CD+1486013]\n\tGetHandleVerifier [0x011FA368+1518680]\n\tGetHandleVerifier [0x011F2F4E+1488958]\n\tOrdinal0 [0x00F5ED0D+2223373]\n\tOrdinal0 [0x00F6A12B+2269483]\n\tOrdinal0 [0x00F6A26F+2269807]\n\tOrdinal0 [0x00F7ECB8+2354360]\n\tBaseThreadInitThunk [0x774A6359+25]\n\tRtlGetAppContainerNamedObjectPath [0x775F8944+228]\n\tRtlGetAppContainerNamedObjectPath [0x775F8914+180]\n"}}
_WD_Alert ==> Webdriver Exception: {"value":{"error":"no such alert","message":"no such alert\n  (Session info: chrome=87.0.4280.88)","stacktrace":"Backtrace:\n\tOrdinal0 [0x0106C0C3+3326147]\n\tOrdinal0 [0x00F50851+2164817]\n\tOrdinal0 [0x00DD7140+618816]\n\tOrdinal0 [0x00DD1AB9+596665]\n\tOrdinal0 [0x00D43871+14449]\n\tOrdinal0 [0x00D71A5C+203356]\n\tOrdinal0 [0x00D4344E+13390]\n\tOrdinal0 [0x00D7189B+202907]\n\tOrdinal0 [0x00D53DF4+81396]\n\tOrdinal0 [0x00D54DEE+85486]\n\tOrdinal0 [0x00D54D79+85369]\n\tOrdinal0 [0x00F685DC+2262492]\n\tGetHandleVerifier [0x011F2874+1487204]\n\tGetHandleVerifier [0x011F23CD+1486013]\n\tGetHandleVerifier [0x011FA368+1518680]\n\tGetHandleVerifier [0x011F2F4E+1488958]\n\tOrdinal0 [0x00F5ED0D+2223373]\n\tOrdinal0 [0x00F6A12B+2269483]\n\tOrdinal0 [0x00F6A26F+2269807]\n\tOrdinal0 [0x00F7ECB8+2354360]\n\tBaseThreadInitThunk [0x774A6359+25]\n\tRtlGetAppContainerNamedObjectPath [0x775F8944+228]\n\tRtlGetAppContainerNamedObjectPath [0x775F8914+180]\n"}}

image.thumb.png.7a524a799135032f72268abcec5b9dd8.png

Hi @Danp2,

I am new to AutoIt and have been working on Chrome automation and have read lots of your extremely helpful posts. 😀

Recently I came across an issue that multiple instances of chromedriver can't be launched. Our use case is multiple users launching RemoteApp session to a server, which launches the AutoIt script on the server, and the script will launch chromedriver to start web page automation in Chrome for each of the user. However, the problem is everytime a new user launches RemoteApp session to the script, the new chromedriver launched will terminate the existing chromedriver for the sessions of previous user, thus interrupting all the automations for the previous user. 

I searched the forum and found similar issues posted by others and I saw you mentioned adding the following line at the beginning of the script to prevent the automatic closure of an existng webdriver console. I tried this but it's not working, new session launched still terminates the existing chromedriver in the previous user's RemoteApp session. 

I would like to seek for you advice is there any other workaround can resolve this problem so that multiple users can remotely connect and launch chromedriver within their own sessions without disrupting each other?

Thank you so much for your help in advance. Looking forward for your reply. 

_WD_Option('DriverClose', False)

Hi @stamyuka You will need to provide a more detailed explanation before I can offer any suggestions. Post your code that shows the options you are setting before calling _WD_Startup. Each chromedriver instance would need to use a different port. How are you dealing with that?

Have you considered using a single instance of chromedriver to handle multiple user sessions? If you ruled this out, please explain why.

FWIW, when I run the following code repeatedly, only the initial run launches an instance of chromedriver and it is reused on subsequent runs --

#include "wd_core.au3"
#include "wd_helper.au3"

Local $sDesiredCapabilities

SetupChrome()
_WD_Startup()
$sSession = _WD_CreateSession($sDesiredCapabilities)
_WD_Navigate($sSession, "http://finance.yahoo.com")

Func SetupChrome()
_WD_Option('Driver', 'chromedriver.exe')
_WD_Option('Port', 9515)
_WD_Option('DriverParams', '--verbose --log-path="' & @ScriptDir & '\chrome.log"')

$sDesiredCapabilities = '{"capabilities": {"alwaysMatch": {"goog:chromeOptions": {"w3c": true, "excludeSwitches": [ "enable-automation"], "useAutomationExtension": false }}}}'
EndFunc

Thank you so much @Danp2 for the reply. Please see below the relevant portion of the source code for the chrome start up, I am following the standard approaches I have seen in this forum and the demo. I removed the other irrelevant portion of the codes such as my automation tasks to make it shorter. Basically we need to keep the script running to keep listening for new user events and execute tasks until user closes the browser.

I have tried change to different port (other than 9515), such as _WD_Option('Port', 9516), perhaps I am doing it the wrong way? 

In addition, regarding using a single instance of chromedriver to handle multiple user sessions, I am not sure if it's possible in our case. Because the script runs on a server, users need to connect to run it as RemoteApp. Therefore, inside each remote session I guess it's supposed to initiate individual chromedriver and then launch Chrome from it. I'm not sure if it's possible to have one single chromedriver instance running in the background in this case? 

The issue we are facing is whenever a second user goes into it, it terminates the first user's chromedriver instance, therefore the automation process for the first user is terminated as well.

Thank you again for your kind help on this.

#include "wd_core.au3"
#include "wd_helper.au3"
#include <GuiComboBoxEx.au3>
#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>
#include <ButtonConstants.au3>
#include <WindowsConstants.au3>

Call(SetupChrome)
_WD_Startup()

If @error <> $_WD_ERROR_Success Then
   Exit -1
EndIf

; ------ define all variables -------
_WD_Window($sSession, "maximize")
_WD_Navigate($sSession, "https://www.samplepage.com")

Opt("WinTitleMatchMode", 2)

while 1
   ; ----- Keep monitoring user events and execute automation tasks, do nothing if no event ------
   Sleep(1000)
   If Not WinExists("Google Chrome") Then
      ExitLoop
   EndIf
WEnd

_WD_DeleteSession($sSession)
_WD_Shutdown()

Func SetupChrome()
   _WD_Option('Port', 9515)

$sDesiredCapabilities = '{"capabilities": {"alwaysMatch": {"goog:chromeOptions": {"w3c": true }}}}'
EndFunc

Edited by stamyuka

Sorry for another post @Danp2 , I just tried further and would like to provide an update (I don't have the permission to modify my existing post yet 😥).

I fully compared the code you pasted for launching Chrome driver, and after comparison I added the extra capabilities, and remove _WD_Shutdown() at the end of my script. I ran below code, but when run it 2nd time, it still terminates the chromedriver in the 1st run, which will break the functions inside the loop and below error occurs (I believe it's because chrome driver ended in the 1st script run so that the window interaction won't work in the 1st script run). Not sure if there's anything I missed or did incorrectly?

I tried to run script 2 times in one same Windows desktop session, also tried to run script 2 times separately in two different RemoteApp sessions. Both of these testing failed and 2nd script terminated the chromedriver in 1st script.

image.png.f538b796cf32b8eadff21ca64fb38e90.png

#include "wd_core.au3"
#include "wd_helper.au3"

Local $sDesiredCapabilities, $sSession

SetupChrome()
_WD_Startup()

Exit -1
EndIf

Local $tabHash = ObjCreate('System.Collections.Hashtable')
Local $firstTab = True

While 1
   $aHandles = _WD_Window($sSession, 'handles')
   For $sHandle In $aHandles
      If Not $tabHash.ContainsKey($sHandle) Then
         _WD_Window($sSession, 'Switch', '{"handle":"' & $sHandle & '"}')
         $tabHash.Add($sHandle, 1)
         MsgBox($MB_OK, 'New Tab Detected', 'Click OK to open webpage.')
         _WD_Navigate($sSession, "https://www.google.com")
         ExitLoop
      EndIf
   Next
   Sleep(1000)
      ExitLoop
   EndIf
WEnd

Func SetupChrome()
   _WD_Option('Port', 9515)
   _WD_Option('DriverParams', '--verbose --log-path="' & @ScriptDir & '\chrome.log"')
   $sDesiredCapabilities = '{"capabilities": {"alwaysMatch": {"goog:chromeOptions": {"w3c": true, "excludeSwitches": [ "enable-automation"], "useAutomationExtension": false }}}}'
EndFunc

12 hours ago, stamyuka said:

I have tried change to different port (other than 9515), such as _WD_Option('Port', 9516), perhaps I am doing it the wrong way? 

That command tells the UDF which port to use when communicating with the webdriver. You also need to tell the webdriver to use this alternate port. For chromedriver, it would look something like this --

Local $iAltPort = 9516
_WD_Option('Port', $iAltPort)
_WD_Option('DriverParams', '--verbose --port=' & $iAltPort & ' --log-path="' & @ScriptDir & '\chrome.log"')

If you try to launch a 2nd instance of chromedriver without changing the port number, it will immediately exit after displaying this error message in the console --

[1607779217.305][SEVERE]: bind() returned an error: Only one usage of each socket address (protocol/network address/port) is normally permitted. (0x2740)
IPv6 port not available. Exiting...
12 hours ago, stamyuka said:

The issue we are facing is whenever a second user goes into it, it terminates the first user's chromedriver instance, therefore the automation process for the first user is terminated as well.

Make sure that you are running the latest release of the UDF.  Then try adding some logging to try to determine why the chromedriver instance is being terminated.

Edited by Danp2
Fixed quote issue

If I use quotes around port it is not working for me.  This is what I use :

Local $iAltPort = 9516
  _WD_Option('DriverParams', '--verbose --log-path="' & @ScriptDir & '\chrome.log" --port=' & $iAltPort)

Thanks a lot for the suggestion. I tried below two solutions based on the suggestions, and #1 works for me 😁

1. Use the alternative port solution, I added functions to check if the port has been taken by any process at the beginning of my script. If it's taken, add 1 to the port number and keep trying until it finds an available port and then use that to launch chrome driver (start trying from 9515). Using this solution, chrome driver can be launched separately for each user in each remote session. I attached the updated code below and it's working for me, thanks everyone for your help!

2. Use one shared chromedriver instance for multiple user's chrome sessions (This is not working for me in RemoteApp scenario). I updated the UDF to the latest version, and tried to launch scripts multiple times in separated remote sessions. But the problem is, when 2nd user launches remote session, it detects chrome driver process already exists, and then the Chrome browser is launched in the 1st user's remote session. As a consequence, 1st user sees two chrome browser window while the 2nd user sees nothing. 

#include "wd_core.au3"
#include "wd_helper.au3"
#include <Array.au3>
#include <ConnView.au3>

Local $sDesiredCapabilities, $sSession, $aArray, $_Port, $aHandles
Local $iAltPort = 9515
While 1
   $aArray = _CV_GetExtendedTcpTable()
   $_Port = _ArrayFindAll($aArray, $iAltPort, 0, 0, 0, 0, 2)
   If @error Then
      ExitLoop
   Else
      $iAltPort = $iAltPort + 1
   EndIf
WEnd

SetupChrome($iAltPort)
MsgBox($MB_OK, 'Message', 'Click OK to start Chrome Driver at local port: ' & $iAltPort)
_WD_Startup()

Exit -1
EndIf

Local $tabHash = ObjCreate('System.Collections.Hashtable')
Local $firstTab = True

While 1
   $aHandles = _WD_Window($sSession, 'handles')
   For $sHandle In $aHandles
      If Not $tabHash.ContainsKey($sHandle) Then
         _WD_Window($sSession, 'Switch', '{"handle":"' & $sHandle & '"}')
         $tabHash.Add($sHandle, 1)
         MsgBox($MB_OK, 'New Tab Detected', 'Click OK to open webpage.')
         _WD_Navigate($sSession, "https://www.google.com")
         ExitLoop
      EndIf
   Next
   Sleep(1000)
      ExitLoop
   EndIf
WEnd

_WD_Shutdown()

Func SetupChrome($iAltPort)
   _WD_Option('DriverParams', '--verbose --port=' & $iAltPort & ' --log-path="' & @ScriptDir & '\chrome.log"')
   _WD_Option('DriverDetect', False)
   ;$sDesiredCapabilities = '{"capabilities": {"alwaysMatch": {"goog:chromeOptions": {"w3c": true }}}}'
EndFunc

Thank you @Danp2😃 I also noticed those extra chromeOptions assigned to $sDesiredCapabilities in your suggested code let Chrome no longer display the message: Chrome is being controlled by automated test software. Many thanks for all your help !!

WebDriver UDF just doesn't want to work....

First error: 

"C:\Users\...\wd_core.au3" (173) : ==> Variable used without being declared...:
Global $_WD_BFORMAT = $SB_UTF8
Global $_WD_BFORMAT = ^ ERROR

I solved it with

Global $_WD_BFORMAT = 4; 

in wd_core.au3

Second error:

If I try this script

#include "wd_core.au3"
#include "wd_helper.au3"
#include <MsgBoxConstants.au3>
#include <StringConstants.au3>

Local $sDesiredCapabilities, $sSession
;SetupEdge()
;SetupChrome()
SetupGecko()

_WD_Startup()
    Exit -1
EndIf

If @error = $_WD_ERROR_Success Then
    ConsoleWrite("@error: " & @error & @CRLF)
EndIf

MsgBox($MB_ICONINFORMATION, "Demo complete!", "Click ok to shutdown the browser and console")

;~ _WD_Navigate($sSession, "https://www.google.com/")

_WD_Shutdown()

Func SetupGecko()
    _WD_Option('Driver', 'geckodriver.exe')
    _WD_Option('DriverParams', '--log trace')
    _WD_Option('Port', 4444)

$sDesiredCapabilities = '{"capabilities": {"alwaysMatch": {"browserName": "firefox", "acceptInsecureCerts":true}}}'
EndFunc

Func SetupChrome()
    _WD_Option('Port', 9515)

EndFunc

Func SetupEdge()
    _WD_Option('Driver', 'msedgedriver.exe')
    _WD_Option('Port', 9515)
    _WD_Option('DriverParams', '--verbose')
    $sDesiredCapabilities = '{"capabilities": {"alwaysMatch": {"ms:edgeOptions": {"binary": "' & StringReplace (@ProgramFilesDir, "\", "/") & '/Microsoft/Edge/Application/msedge.exe", "excludeSwitches": [ "enable-automation"], "useAutomationExtension": false}}}}'
EndFunc

I get the following error.

_WD_IsLatestRelease: True
_WD_IsLatestRelease ==> Success
_WDStartup: OS: WIN_81 WIN32_NT 9600 
_WDStartup: AutoIt: 3.3.12.0
_WDStartup: WD.au3: 0.3.1.0 (Up to date)
_WDStartup: WinHTTP:    1.6.4.2
_WDStartup: Driver: geckodriver.exe
_WDStartup: Params: --log trace
_WDStartup: Port:   4444
__WD_Post: URL=HTTP://127.0.0.1:4444/session; $sData={"capabilities": {"alwaysMatch": {"browserName": "firefox", "acceptInsecureCerts":true}}}
"C:\Users\....\wd_core.au3" (1633) : ==> Variable used without being declared.:
If (Not IsObj($vResult)) Or ObjName($vResult, $OBJ_STRING) <> 'Scripting.Dictionary' Then Return
If (Not IsObj($vResult)) Or ObjName($vResult, ^ ERROR

Can anyone help me understand why this is not working?

Edited by cdeb

• Jos locked this topic