TCPConnect timeout yet telnet connects

Leo2797

So I have an IP and a port that I'm trying to TCPConnect to but it always returns a timeout error (10060) I tried to run a telnet commant to the same ip port and the listener did get a connection getting sent on the server-side, I even tried typing in the IP:port in my browser and a connection was received but with TCPConnect the server doesn't receive anything and TCPConnect returns a 10060 error

is there anything I'm missing? am I supposed to run an autoit script on the server side with TCPAccept with my machine's ip? any ports I need to allow in firewall? everything seems to be working except autoit's TCPConnect, I also tried running the same script onto a computer in the same network and it worked it just doesn't seem to work with real IPs

24 minutes ago, Leo2797 said:

... am I supposed to run an autoit script on the server side with TCPAccept with my machine's ip?

The Help for TCPConnect (see examples) provides the following information :

; I am the client, start me after the server! (Start first the TCPAccept example script).

Musashi-C64.png

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move."

but why am I able to execute TCPConnect to an ip in my local network (192.168.1.2) for example but not a real ip address

also if I need to keep a TCPAccept script open do I need to include my own IP or can I have it accept any ip ever?

Best as I can determine what you want from your post...

As long as you are accessing your own internal network, any i.p. can become
accessible, unless it's blocked on the receiving end.

If you are trying to access an external i.p., which is not on the www, then you
will need to get a port opened on Their router to gain access to a computer on
Their network.

Look into "port forwarding".

"The mediocre teacher tells. The Good teacher explains. The superior teacher demonstrates. The great teacher inspires." -William Arthur Ward

AutoItSetOption

TCPTimeout Defines the time before TCP functions stop if no communication.
Time in milliseconds before timeout (default=100).
IEbyXPATH-Grab IE DOM objects by XPATH IEscriptRecord-Makings of an IE script recorder ExcelFromXML-Create Excel docs without excel installed GetAllWindowControls-Output all control data on a given window.

On 12/12/2019 at 8:40 PM, Nine said:

It would greatly help if you could provide a code snippet of your TCP server and of your TCP client...

it's a 3rd party program at the server side, all it does is print a connection succeed in the log when I connect, I tried connecting with telnet and it connects fine then I tried doing this with autoit but nothing happens on the server side, I've also tried using the exact same code while running the 3rd party app on my local machine and connected with 127.0.0.1 and it worked with autoit so I was wondering if there's something I need to do on the server side to allow autoit to connect

#include <Misc.au3>

TCPStartup()
TCPConnect("255.255.255.0", 16000) ;not the real ip obviously
Sleep(100)
TCPShutdown()

On 12/12/2019 at 10:58 PM, ripdad said:

Best as I can determine what you want from your post...

As long as you are accessing your own internal network, any i.p. can become
accessible, unless it's blocked on the receiving end.

If you are trying to access an external i.p., which is not on the www, then you
will need to get a port opened on Their router to gain access to a computer on
Their network.

Look into "port forwarding".

I tried connecting via telnet or just simply typing in the ip:port in my browser and a connection was received at the server side