BotIt FindAndClick

ScrapeYourself

I didn't like the search time of Simple Native Image Search, and being on windows 10 64bit, I couldn't get ImageSearchDll.dll to work properly.

So I started researching image search routines and found this excellent post and set of replies find-a-bitmap-within-another-bitmap.

I really liked the pattern that the Simple Native Image Search used, the clipboard usage and the method of searching. Although I think it could be improved by using some short circuit techniques to return sooner, like consecutive matched > 65% return | matched total > 85% return) , and I wanted the function to manage the click on the found image as well.

So I just did a bit more research and a few trips to MSDN and stackoverflow, these two snippets allow me to replicate KyleJustKnows code, and click.  Another feature is that it also saves the image it captures to disk, so that if the image is not found you can check what was captured, and alternatively cut out a new search image to use.

private void PrintScreen()
        {
            keybd_event(VK_SNAPSHOT, 0, KEYEVENTF_EXTENDEDKEY, 0);
            keybd_event(VK_SNAPSHOT, 0, KEYEVENTF_KEYUP, 0);
        }

public Bitmap CaptureScreenPrtSc()
        {

PrintScreen();
            if (Clipboard.ContainsImage())
            {
                using (Image img = Clipboard.GetImage())
                {
                    img.Save("ClipBoard.PNG", ImageFormat.Png);
                    return new Bitmap(img);
                }
            }
            return default;
        }
        [DllImport("user32.dll")]
        [return: MarshalAs(UnmanagedType.Bool)]
        private static extern bool GetCursorPos(out MousePoint lpMousePoint);

[DllImport("user32.dll")]
        private static extern void mouse_event(int dwFlags, int dx, int dy, int dwData, int dwExtraInfo);

private MousePoint GetCursorPosition()
        {
            var gotPoint = GetCursorPos(out MousePoint currentMousePoint);
            if (!gotPoint) { currentMousePoint = new MousePoint(0, 0); }
            return currentMousePoint;
        }

private void MouseEvent(MouseEvents value)
        {
            MousePoint position = GetCursorPosition();

mouse_event
                ((int)value,
                 position.X,
                 position.Y,
                 0)
                ;
        }

So after managing to compile the dll with COM support, with much reading of this forum and many posts from paulpmeierptrexLarsJ, and others about loading .net, I managed to get this all working.

Here is the BotIt Core:

;   BotIt Core

Global $sPath = "BotIt.dll"

Global $RegAsmPath = "C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\RegAsm.exe"

Func BotIt_StartUp()
    RegisterBotIt()
    OnAutoItExitRegister("UnregisterBotIt")
EndFunc   ;==>BotIt_StartUp

Func RegisterBotIt()
    RunWait($RegAsmPath & " /register /codebase /tlb " & $sPath, @ScriptDir, @SW_HIDE)
EndFunc   ;==>RegisterBotIt

Func UnregisterBotIt()
    FileDelete("Step.txt")
    RunWait($RegAsmPath & " /unregister " & $sPath, @ScriptDir, @SW_HIDE)
EndFunc   ;==>UnregisterBotIt

Func ActivateAndSearch($sTitle, $sImgPath, $bClick = True)
    WinActivate($sTitle)
    Sleep(1000)
    $oBotIt = ObjCreate("BotIt.DetectImageAndClick")
    ConsoleWrite($sImgPath & @CRLF & $bClick & @CRLF)
    $bRet = $oBotIt.FindAndClick($sImgPath, $bClick)
    Return $bRet
EndFunc   ;==>ActivateAndSearch

Usage:

Do
        Sleep(500)
    Until ActivateAndSearch("Window Title", "PathToFile")

I hope you enjoy!

Regards,

ScrapeYourself

BotIt.cs

Edited by ScrapeYourself
spelling / wording

This thread will be closed 99% anyway (forum rules), but that is not the reason for my contribution.

Warning : Never download and execute a .dll from an unknown source.

Musashi-C64.png

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move."

After reading the rules this is not about botting a game, or has anything to do with a game.

rules as I see them.

• Malware of any form - trojan, virus, keylogger, spam tool, "joke/spoof" script, etc.
  • Bypassing of security measures - log-in and security dialogs, CAPTCHAs, anti-bot agents, software activation, etc.
  • Automation of software/sites contrary to their EULA (see Reporting bullet below).
  • Launching, automation or script interaction with games or game servers, regardless of the game.
  • Running or injecting any code (in any form) intended to alter the original functionality of another process.
  • Decompilation of AutoIt scripts or details of decompiler software

This tool is not used for anything more then what it is intended to do..Find and click a image on the screen.

I provided source code for self compilation in first post.

Edited by ScrapeYourself

9 minutes ago, ScrapeYourself said:

After reading the rules this is not about botting a game, or has anything to do with a game.

Fortunately, that's not my decision. I just wanted to inform (especially inexperienced) users not to start executables, if the origin is possibly uncertain ;).

Musashi-C64.png

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move."

13 minutes ago, ScrapeYourself said:

I still want to understand further, why you think 99 % it will be closed :( 
what can i do to change that?

It is best to wait and see how a moderator judges this issue. If there are no objections, the thread will not be closed ;). But I have experienced in the past that threads about "Pixelsearch", "Imagesearch" and similar operations are considered very strictly.

Edited by Musashi

Musashi-C64.png

• Developers

We leave this thread open for now, but make sure it will adhere to our forum rules. :) 

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

• Jos unlocked this topic

Thank you Jos,

To clear any misunderstanding in my names of images searched, I am working on a deductions processing website as a side job. All parties are aware of automation.

One of the issues I experience isI search these 2 images in sequence to ensure I end on the SIS inquery tab and search.

If not Automation Scripts\SISInquiry.PNG then
    If Automation Scripts\PaymentInquiry.PNG then
        Automation Scripts\SISInquiry.PNG
    EndIf
EndIf

Automation Scripts\RegisterBotIt.au3" (56) : ==> Variable must be of type "Object".:

$bRet = $oBotIt.FindAndClick($sImgPath,    $Region, $bClick)
$bRet = $oBotIt^ ERROR

But it occassionally fails on the 2nd search with the error above, how can i detect that before it occurs, would IsObj Work?

My next question is what pattern could we use to compress the searched for image to a small set of coords and values to identify?

Edited by ScrapeYourself
spelling / wording

You need to do much more error checking!
Means: When you call a function that creates an object make sure, the result is an object. Most of the time this is being done by implementing a COM error handler (see ObjEvent in the help file).

For examples check the Excel or Word UDF.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki