How to do image searching with multi-threading

12 minutes ago, Earthshine said:

I’m not sure this is even the right forum to post in for this

Neither do I !!

Spoiler

Quote from the video 1 : "... take our bot to the next level, that you have never seen before" 🙄

Musashi-C64.png

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In this video we'll cover one way to multi-thread image searches. While its technically not true multi-threading, but it works the same as if it were true multithreading. I don't explain how to do image searching or how to do multi-threading in this video, to find them you'll have to check my playlist on how to use autoit

Edited by gurrenm3

If by bot stuff you mean using autoit at all then yeah, bot stuff. No where in this video is any reference to or even remotely hinting at game botting. Just wanted to point that out. All I'm trying to do is help people learn cool stuff they can do in autoit. If you or anyone else has any suggestions on where I should move this post and any future posts like it, I'm all ears and happy to accommodate.

Is using the word bot one time to refer to the program that controls my pc and automates tasks all messed up? I thought thats what these programs are called. Is using that adjective once to describe by program, not even in a game related way at all, against the rules? I'm still new to the community but I wasn't aware that I couldn't even refer to my program as a bot, because I thought thats what they were. You could have the allowed bots, like one that imports and exports data to excel spread sheets. There could also be the bad bots that are not allowed. Please explain to me where the line in word choice is, because I'm genuinely trying to help the community, and I'm not trying to get banned because I used a word thats not even specific as to what I mean.

If my response doesn't seem coherent, its because I've messed up twice on this forum already, and if I mess up again I won't be able to post on it. I am genuinely trying to help teach people autoit, and I am not trying to promote anything against the ToS.

Edited by gurrenm3

You might be right. I'm still new to all of this, I just want to share what I have learned. Maybe there's people out there who can be helped by this. Thanks for your encouragement. Have a happy new year :)

Edited by gurrenm3

1 hour ago, gurrenm3 said:

I am genuinely trying to help teach people autoit, and I am not trying to promote anything against the ToS.

I am convinced, that your intentions are honorable.
By definition, a bot (robot) is a computer program that executes repetitive tasks largely automatically without the need for interaction with a human user. 

You are right when you say, that there should be a separation between good and malicious bots. The problem is, that the whole subject is ambivalent and therefore often a damn grey zone. For example, some substances can be both, a drug (prohibited) and a medicine (beneficial).

Fortunately, we have moderators who are making the right decisions (mostly ;)).

I am sure no one here is naive enough to believe, that we can prevent malicious bots in general. We can only try to keep our own house clean. Any idiot can type some obvious search terms into Google and find the relevant sources.

Musashi-C64.png

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move."

• Moderators

Merged topics, please stop posting in multiple spots.

For those that continue to click Report, a Mod has already deemed this content okay to continue. Continued reports, especially those that begin with "This may not break the rules, but personally I don't like..." are really unnecessary.

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

Thanks for your support Musashi! I appreciate it. Yeah, it certainly is difficult, especially like how you pointed out, any idiot can do a google search. It's good to know there are people willing to help keep the place clean :D

Also I appreciate your input junkew. That is something I didnt think about. I'll have to think about it and come up with a solution.

And thanks JLogan for merging the posts. I was confused where I should be posting them. I know that I'm no expert at autoit, but i figure if I can at least get people in the door, we can maybe improve the community. I'll work harder to make content that the community accepts. 

Happy new years everyone!