Unpacked compiled

masvil

• Moderators

The 'lowest' compression setting in SciTe doesn't work for you?

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

• Moderators

I READ what you WROTE, I was ONLY checking to SEE if it was an OPTION.

Did you try this?

Compiling a blank .au3 and name it UPX.exe , go to Program Files >> AutoIt3 >> Aut2exe , rename the UPX.exe to something like TempUPX.exe, then put the blank compiled au3.exe you just made that you named UPX.exe in that folder.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

Compiling a blank .au3 and name it UPX.exe , go to Program Files >> AutoIt3 >> Aut2exe , rename the UPX.exe to something like TempUPX.exe, then put the blank compiled au3.exe you just made that you named UPX.exe in that folder.

:lmao: Why didn't i think of that. I've been trying to modify the compiling to remove the UPX compression (wanted to add .avi, .ico resources using resource hacker).

So simple and works like a charm.

Thanks

• Moderators

It works great, but... how can I then pack it? UPX 1.25 itself o:), fsg and fsg2 fail, they corrupt file. Have I to use specified option or something like that?

Ok, I know I'm way off base, but I'll chalk it up to being up all night (again), but ... Are you saying you want to:

1. Compile .au3 to .exe without being packed?

****If the answer is yes, and you followed what I said exactly (even the renaming of the original UPX.exe so you don't lose the functionality if you should ever need it) then it should work just fine with no errors... I have been using this for a while now myself, and never an error.

2. Now this is where I'm confused on your last post: Are you asking that after you've compiled the .au3 to .exe that now you want to go back and pack the .exe that you just compiled unpacked?

****If the answer is yes... shoot me ;)+ :lmao:= :king:

2. Now this is where I'm confused on your last post: Are you asking that after you've compiled the .au3 to .exe that now you want to go back and pack the .exe that you just compiled unpacked?

Exactly :king:

My goal is to pack the exe with a different compressor (so not UPX). So I have to get it unpacked. Your method works good, but.. after that I can't pack with any compressor (neither UPX itself!!!).

****If the answer is yes... shoot me ;)+ :lmao:= o:)

Not so strange, admit it :">

• Moderators

So rather than just compiling it unpacked, have you tried to use another packer?

• Moderators

couldn't you repack the file after having it done with UPX? double bag it so to speak?

Wow that comment took me back to my single days... (hope the wife doesn't read this one!)

So rather than just compiling it unpacked, have you tried to use another packer?

I have tried to use another packer AFTER compiling it unpacked, but I failed. I mean that each packer I've tried has corrupted unpacked compiled file. Can you check it?

couldn't you repack the file after having it done with UPX?

Sure, but each packer I've tried corrupt the file (same I've explained above).

:lmao: