Excel:Coping Workbook cells to another Workbook

Hello Everyone,

I have been stuck trying to figure out how to copy rows from one Workbook to another Workbook. My though process was in the for loop to read each row and write that same row to the new Workbook. Unfortunately I have not had any success. Any guide or help would great appreciated.

Thank you

#include <Array.au3>
#include <Excel.au3>
#include <ExcelConstants.au3>
#include <MsgBoxConstants.au3>
;###########################################################################################################################
$csvFile1 = "C:\temp\testFile1.csv"
$csvFile2 = "C:\temp\testFile2.csv"

Const $sType = $xlCSVMSDOS ;Set the type as CSV
;###########################################################################################################################
Local $oExcel = _Excel_Open() ; Create application object and create a new workbook
Local $oWorkbook1 = _Excel_BookOpen($oExcel, $csvFile1) ;Open TEST File1
Local $oWorkbook2 = _Excel_BookOpen($oExcel, $csvFile2) ;Open TEST File2
Local $oTotalRow = $oWorkbook1.ActiveSheet.UsedRange.Rows.Count
For $i = 1 To $oTotalRow Step +1

;_Excel_RangeRead($oWorkbook1, Default, ("A" & $i & ":" & "F" & $i))
   _Excel_RangeCopyPaste($oWorkbook1.WorkSheets(1), Default, ("A" & $i & ":" & "F" & $i))
   _Excel_RangeWrite($oWorkbook2, "testFile2", ("A" & $i & ":" & "F" & $i), ("A" & $i & ":" & "F" & $i))
Next

_Excel_BookSaveAs($oWorkbook2, $oWorkbook2, $xlCSVMSDOS)
$oWorkbook1.Close
$oWorkbook2.Close
_Excel_Close($oExcel)

Here is how to do line by line, although you could actually just use RangeRead to read "A:F" and just paste the entire column in the second workbook.

#include <Array.au3>
#include <Excel.au3>

Local $oExcel = _Excel_Open() ; Create application object and create a new workbook
Local $oRange, $oTotalRow = $oWorkbook1.ActiveSheet.UsedRange.Rows.Count
For $i = 1 To $oTotalRow Step +1
   $oRange = _Excel_RangeRead($oWorkbook1, Default, "A" & $i & ":" & "F" & $i)
   _Excel_RangeWrite($oWorkbook2, Default, $oRange, "A" & $i)
Next

_Excel_BookSaveAs($oWorkbook2, $oWorkbook2, $xlCSVMSDOS)
$oWorkbook1.Close
$oWorkbook2.Close
_Excel_Close($oExcel)

@Subz Thank you so much for your help. It works amazing. If you have the time to add another Notch to it, I am trying to append the Workbook with even more content. To summaries it, Workbook1 will copy over the rows to Workbook3 which you have shown me how to do. I am struggling to visualizes how I am able to copy the rows of Workbook2 to the bottom of Workbook3.

Than you again Subz

I owe you a coffee

#include <Array.au3>
#include <Excel.au3>
$csvFile3 = "C:\temp\testFile3.csv"
Local $oWorkbook3 = _Excel_BookOpen($oExcel, $csvFile3) ;Open TEST File3
Local $oRange1 = $oWorkbook1.ActiveSheet.UsedRange.Rows.Count
Local $oTotalRowFile1 = $oWorkbook1.ActiveSheet.UsedRange.Rows.Count
Local $oRange2 = $oWorkbook2.ActiveSheet.UsedRange.Rows.Count
Local $oTotalRowFile2 = $oWorkbook2.ActiveSheet.UsedRange.Rows.Count
For $i = 1 To $oTotalRowFile1 Step +1
   _Excel_RangeWrite($oWorkbook3, Default, $oRange, "A" & $i & ":" & "F" & $i)
Next
_Excel_BookSave($oWorkbook3)
For $i = 1 To $oTotalRowFile2 Step +1
   $oRange2 = _Excel_RangeRead($oWorkbook2, Default, "A" & $i & ":" & "F" & $i)
   ;^^^^^^^^^^Read from the beginning of the other file^^^^^^^^^^
   For $j = $oTotalRowFile1 To ($oTotalRowFile1 + $oTotalRowFile2) Step +1
      ;^^^^ End of the other file     ^^^^End of this file
      _Excel_RangeWrite($oWorkbook3, Default, $oRange2, "A" & $j & ":" & "F" & $j)
   Next
Next
$oWorkbook1.Close
$oWorkbook2.Close
$oWorkbook3.Close
_Excel_Close($oExcel)

@Subz Thanks again for everything. I think I figured it out. I just added the static number to the counter and it works. Sweet and simple. Thanks again.

I meant it when I said the next coffee of me

#include <Array.au3>
#include <Excel.au3>
$csvFile3 = "C:\temp\testFile3.csv"
Local $oWorkbook3 = _Excel_BookOpen($oExcel, $csvFile3) ;Open TEST File3
Local $oRange1 = $oWorkbook1.ActiveSheet.UsedRange.Rows.Count
Local $oTotalRowFile1 = $oWorkbook1.ActiveSheet.UsedRange.Rows.Count
Local $oRange2 = $oWorkbook2.ActiveSheet.UsedRange.Rows.Count
Local $oTotalRowFile2 = $oWorkbook2.ActiveSheet.UsedRange.Rows.Count
For $i = 1 To ($oTotalRowFile1) Step +1
   _Excel_RangeWrite($oWorkbook3, Default, $oRange, "A" & $i & ":" & "F" & $i)
Next
$oWorkbook1.Close
For $i = 1 To ($oTotalRowFile2 +1) Step +1
   $oRange2 = _Excel_RangeRead($oWorkbook2, Default, "A" & $i & ":" & "F" & $i)
   _Excel_RangeWrite($oWorkbook3, Default, $oRange2, "A" & (1 + $i + $oTotalRowFile2) & ":" & "F" & (1 + $i + $oTotalRowFile2))
Next
$oWorkbook2.Close
;$oWorkbook3.Close
_Excel_Close($oExcel)