How to create a ZIP file with altenate data streams included?

For my next project I would like to send files with "alternate data streams" by email in ZIP format.
I can not use any external program like 7-Zip or WinRAR. (They would fit😥)
Who knows how to create a ZIP file with "alternate data streams" included with the Powershell command "Compress-Archive"? 

Here a test script:  (save as "ADSTester.cmd")

@rem Try to create a zip file with alternate data streams (ADS) included

@rem Housekeeping
@cls
@del ADSTester.zip >nul:
@RD /S /Q Extracted >nul:
@del ADSTester.txt >nul:
@rem End of Housekeeping

echo This is the ADSTester.txt file >ADSTester.txt
echo This is the ADSTester.txt:Part1 file >ADSTester.txt:Part1
echo This is the ADSTester.txt:Part2 file >ADSTester.txt:Part2

dir /r ADSTester.txt
@rem See the 3 files

@rem ****************************************************************
@rem ****************************************************************
@rem Please alter the next lines to include the alternate data streams.   
powershell Compress-Archive -Path .\ADSTester.txt -Update -DestinationPath ADSTester.zip 
powershell Expand-Archive -Path ADSTester.zip -DestinationPath .\Extracted\

dir /r Extracted\ADSTester.txt
@rem Only one file left :-(

pause

Edited by Exit

App: Au3toCmd              UDF: _SingleScript()                             

Not sure if the Compress-Archive method will collect the stream data and embed it in an archive, then put it back in place when the file is extracted.  You might have to do a custom script to extract the stream data and add it to the archive, then a archive extraction process to "rebuild" the streams.  

I saw an article that says the RAR file format supports NTFS ADS, but haven't looked into it.

• 2 weeks later...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Exit
      Au3toCmd  ---  Avoid false virus positives
      Since many virus scanners sometimes prevent a "compiled autoit EXE" from being executed as "false positive", the "*.A3X" format is a suitable format to avoid this problem.
      See here for more information.
      In order to simplify this procedure, I wrote the Au3toCmd script. Here a *.Cmd file is generated from a *.Au3 file. The necessary files Autoit3.exe and *.A3x are added to the "*.Cmd" file as "alternate data streams" "Base64" encoded data.
      Now the Autoit Script can be called by clicking on the cmd file and the anti-virus scanners do not recognize the "false positive".
      If the short-term flashing of the CMD window bothers you, you can click the desktop shutcut that runs in a minimized window.
      Unfortunately, because the "alternate data streams", this CMD file cannot be distributed via FTP or email.
      Only a USB sti ck or removable disk formatted with NTFS can be used.
      As the new version now uses Base64 data instead of ADS, this statement is out of date.
      For reasons of compatibility, the old version was sunk into the spoiler here.

The script can be called with a file name of an AU3 script as a parameter.
      If no name is entered, a query is made.
      For more information, see the header of the script. 
      Suggestions, improvements and bug reports are welcome.
      Here the versions using base64 data
      Version: 2022.05.12  (Support blanks in pathnames)
      Version: 2022.06.23  (Support release candidates. Changed @CrLf to @Lf. Annual cleaning. Optimized #AutoIt3Wrapper handling)
      Version: 2022.07.22  (Support scripts with the same name but different content in different directories)
      Version: 2022.07.27  (Support blanks in usernames)
      Au3toCmd.au3
      Version: 2022.09.01  (Optimized annual cleaning)
      Au3toCmd.au3
    • By t0nZ
      Always searching for the "final" solution to my zipping/unzipping needs, I started years ago using WinRar with AutoIT (don't ask me why...) and for the last 10 years I worked well with the _zip.UDF , a good solution using the embedded windows zipfldr.dll.
      But often I work with a lot of data (both multi gigabytes and/or 100K+ files) and I noticed the performance of the windows zip DLL are not so good, the problem is maybe worsened by the mono thread operation using AutoIT +  zipfldr.dll.
      SO my choice is 7zip (7ZA.exe)  also for licence (freeware also for business) reasons, and I wrote a small and simple UDF:
      ; #INDEX# ======================================================================================================================= ; Title .........: _7za ; AutoIt Version : 3.3.16.0 ; Language ......: English ; Description ...: Functions for using 7za.exe archive manipulation app ; Author(s) .....: NSC ; Version .......: 1.2 ; Date ..........: 2022/06/28 ; =============================================================================================================================== ; ------------------------------------------------------------------------------ ; This software is provided 'as-is', without any express or ; implied warranty. In no event will the authors be held liable for any ; damages arising from the use of this software. ; #INCLUDES# =================================================================================================================== ; #include-once #include <AutoItConstants.au3> ; =============================================================================================================================== ; #VARIABLES# =================================================================================================================== ; Global Global $7za_exe = @ScriptDir & "\" & "7za.exe" ; =============================================================================================================================== ; #CURRENT# ===================================================================================================================== ; _EXEC7za ;_UNcompress_7za ;_COMpress_7za_7z ;_COMpress_7za_zip ; =============================================================================================================================== ; #FUNCTION# ==================================================================================================================== ; Name ..........: _EXEC7za ; Description ...: launch 7Za.exe with params and returns exit codes ; Syntax ........: EXEC7za($7zCommands, $archive, $folder[, $show]) ; Parameters ....: $7zCommands - 7zip command line params ; $archive - complete path to the archive ; $folder - the source/destination folder ; $show - optional set the state of 7za console visibility, default @SW_HIDE, ; other values as ShellExecuteWait() ; Return values .: 1 - Success ; 0 - and set @error = 1 ; and ; @extended = 1 (Warning (Non fatal error(s)) ; @extended = 2 (Fatal error) ; @extended = 7 (Command line error) ; @extended = 8 (Not enough memory for operation) ; @extended = 255 (User stopped the process) ; @extended values set by 7za.exe exit codes ; Author ........: NSC ; Modified ......: 2022/05/13 ; Remarks .......: requires 7za.exe in @scriptdir, 7za.exe (7-Zip Extra: standalone console version) ; Thanks to 7-zip.org ; Related .......: ; Link ..........: ; Examples .......: compress a folder recursive with subfolders ; EXEC7za("u -mx4 -bt", c:\folder1\archive.7z", c:\folder1\folderTOcompress\ ) ; uncompress the same folder recursive ; EXEC7za("x -aoa -bt -r", "c:\folder1\archive.7z", "-oc:\folder2\") ; =============================================================================================================================== Func _EXEC_7za($7zCommands, $archive, $folder, $show = @SW_HIDE) Local $return7za = ShellExecuteWait($7za_exe, $7zCommands & ' "' & $archive & '" "' & $folder & '"', '', $SHEX_OPEN, $show) Select Case $return7za = 0 Return 1 Case Else Return SetError(1, $return7za, 0) EndSelect EndFunc ;==>_EXEC_7za ; #FUNCTION# ==================================================================================================================== ; Name ..........: _UNcompress_7za ; Description ...: launch 7Za.exe with preset params to uncompress an archive (.7z or .zip recursively) and returns exit codes ; Syntax ........: _UNcompress_7za($archive, $folder[, $show]) ; Parameters ....: $archive - complete path to the archive ; $folder - the source/destination folder ; $show - optional set the state of 7za console visibility, default @SW_HIDE, ; other values as ShellExecuteWait() ; Return values .: 1 - Success ; 0 - and set @error = 1 ; and ; @extended = 1 (Warning (Non fatal error(s)) ; @extended = 2 (Fatal error) ; @extended = 7 (Command line error) ; @extended = 8 (Not enough memory for operation) ; @extended = 255 (User stopped the process) ; @extended values set by 7za.exe exit codes ; Author ........: NSC ; Modified ......: 2022/05/19 ; Remarks .......: requires 7za.exe in @scriptdir, 7za.exe (7-Zip Extra: standalone console version) ; Thanks to 7-zip.org ; Related .......: ; Link ..........: ; =============================================================================================================================== Func _UNcompress_7za($archive, $folder, $show = @SW_HIDE) Local $return7za = ShellExecuteWait($7za_exe, "x -aoa -bt -r" & ' "' & $archive & '" -o"' & $folder & '"', '', $SHEX_OPEN, $show) Select Case $return7za = 0 Return 1 Case Else Return SetError(1, $return7za, 0) EndSelect EndFunc ;==>_UNcompress_Folder_7za ; #FUNCTION# ==================================================================================================================== ; Name ..........: _COMpress_7za_7z ; Description ...: launch 7Za.exe with precompiled params to compress in .7z format ;a single file, a filtered (*.pdf) bunch of files or a folder (recursively) and returns exit codes ; Syntax ........: _COMpress_7za_7z($archive, $folder[, $show [, $compLvl]] ) ; Parameters ....: $archive - complete path to the archive ; $folder - the source file(s) / folder ; $show - optional set the state of 7za console visibility, default @SW_HIDE, ; other values as ShellExecuteWait() ; $CompLvl - optional compression level (1-9) default 4 ; Return values .: 1 - Success ; 0 - and set @error = 1 ; and ; @extended = 1 (Warning (Non fatal error(s)) ; @extended = 2 (Fatal error) ; @extended = 7 (Command line error) ; @extended = 8 (Not enough memory for operation) ; @extended = 255 (User stopped the process) ; @extended values set by 7za.exe exit codes ; Author ........: NSC ; Modified ......: 2022/06/22 ; Remarks .......: requires 7za.exe in @scriptdir, 7za.exe (7-Zip Extra: standalone console version) ; avoids re-compress of popular archives. ; Thanks to 7-zip.org ; Related .......: ; Link ..........: ; =============================================================================================================================== Func _COMpress_7za_7z($archive, $folder, $show = @SW_HIDE, $CompLvl = 4) If StringRight($folder, 4) = ".zip" Or StringRight($folder, 3) = ".7z" Or StringRight($folder, 4) = ".rar" Or StringRight($folder, 4) = ".lha" Or StringRight($folder, 3) = ".gz" Or StringRight($folder, 7) = ".tar.gz" Or StringRight($folder, 4) = ".iso" Then $CompLvl = 0 EndIf Local $return7za = ShellExecuteWait($7za_exe, 'u -mx' & $CompLvl & ' -mmt -bt' & ' "' & $archive & '" "' & $folder & '"', '', $SHEX_OPEN, $show) Select Case $return7za = 0 Return 1 Case Else Return SetError(1, $return7za, 0) EndSelect EndFunc ;==>_COMpress_7za_7z ; #FUNCTION# ==================================================================================================================== ; Name ..........: _COMpress_7za_zip ; Description ...: launch 7Za.exe with precompiled params to compress in zip format ; a single file, a filtered (*.pdf) bunch of files or a folder (recursively) and returns exit codes ; Syntax ........: _COMpress_7za_zip($archive, $folder[, $show [, $compLvl]] ) ; Parameters ....: $archive - complete path to the archive ; $folder - the source file(s) / folder ; $show - optional set the state of 7za console visibility, default @SW_HIDE, ; other values as ShellExecuteWait() ; $CompLvl - optional compression level (1-9) default 4 ; Return values .: 1 - Success ; 0 - and set @error = 1 ; and ; @extended = 1 (Warning (Non fatal error(s)) ; @extended = 2 (Fatal error) ; @extended = 7 (Command line error) ; @extended = 8 (Not enough memory for operation) ; @extended = 255 (User stopped the process) ; @extended values set by 7za.exe exit codes ; Author ........: NSC ; Modified ......: 2022/06/22 ; Remarks .......: requires 7za.exe in @scriptdir, 7za.exe (7-Zip Extra: standalone console version), ; avoids re-compress of popular archives. ; Thanks to 7-zip.org ; Related .......: ; Link ..........: ; =============================================================================================================================== Func _COMpress_7za_zip($archive, $folder, $show = @SW_HIDE, $CompLvl = 9) If StringRight($folder, 4) = ".zip" Or StringRight($folder, 3) = ".7z" Or StringRight($folder, 4) = ".rar" Or StringRight($folder, 4) = ".lha" Or StringRight($folder, 3) = ".gz" Or StringRight($folder, 7) = ".tar.gz" Or StringRight($folder, 4) = ".iso" Then $CompLvl = 0 EndIf Local $return7za = ShellExecuteWait($7za_exe, 'u -tzip -mx' & $CompLvl & ' -mmt -bt' & ' "' & $archive & '" "' & $folder & '"', '', $SHEX_OPEN, $show) Select Case $return7za = 0 Return 1 Case Else Return SetError(1, $return7za, 0) EndSelect EndFunc ;==>_COMpress_7za_zip You have to provide 7za.exe, in scriptdir in some way, maybe with a fileinstall or embedding in some way. 
      Daily I use most of the time:
      _UNcompress_7za
      _COMpress_7za_7z
      so I'am almost done with these funcs....
      Also I made a quick and dirty benchmark on some real world data (for me at least) , comparing the windows DLL, the zip ULTRA by 7zip and the various 7zip levels.

My choice is level 4 (time/size) but your mileage may vary...
      Also, extracting many thousands of little files from a 7z archive with 7zip is waaaay fast in respect to other solutions.
    • By DannyJ
      $sCommands1 = 'powershell.exe Get-ChildItem' $iPid = run($sCommands1   , @WorkingDir , @SW_SHOW , 0x2) $sOutput = ""  While 1     $sOutput &= StdoutRead($iPID)         If @error Then             ExitLoop         EndIf  WEnd ;~ msgbox(0, '' , $sOutput) ConsoleWrite("$sOutput") ConsoleWrite($sOutput) ConsoleWrite(@CRLF) $aOutput = stringsplit($sOutput ,@LF , 2) For $i=0 To  UBound($aOutput) - 1 Step 1     ConsoleWrite($aOutput[$i]) Next The script above reads the whole directory into a one dimensional array, but I need to work with the array, so I need to split the array into multiple dimensions.
      I have already read some forum answers here, and I have already tried these commands:

Are there any way to use the $aOutput variable like in PowerShell:
      PowerShell:
      $a = Get-ChildItem $a.Mode I imagine this in AutoIt  $aOutput
      ConsoleWrite($aOutput[i].Mode) Or if I split this command into 2 dimension like:
      For $i To UBound($aOutput)-1 Step 1 ConsoleWrite($aOutput[$i][1]) ConsoleWrite($aOutput[$i][2]) Next  
    • By DannyJ
      If I try to run this script with   Get-ChildItem which means dir this script works perfectly, but If I try to run this command Get-RDUserSession, my script has the following error message:
      This command runs perfectly in PowerShell admin and I get back the values
      Get-RDUserSession -ConnectionBroker  broker.local | sort Username Or you can try this command as well
      Get-Command Get-RDUserSession If I run the above mentioned command this runs perfectly in PowerShell but not with AutoIt.
      Here is my script you can test the commands:
      #include<array.au3> $iPid = run('powershell Get-Command Get-RDUserSession'  , @WindowsDir , @SW_HIDE , 0x2) ;; This command not works in AutoIT you can test it in PowerShell but it won't work in Autoit ;$iPid = run('powershell Get-RDUserSession -ConnectionBroker  broker.local | sort Username'  , @WindowsDir , @SW_MAXIMIZE , 0x2) ; This command not works in AutoIT ;$iPid = run('powershell Get-ChildItem | sort Name'  , @WindowsDir , @SW_HIDE , 0x2) ; This runs perfectly $sOutput = ""  While 1     $sOutput &= StdoutRead($iPID)         If @error Then             ExitLoop         EndIf  WEnd ;~ msgbox(0, '' , $sOutput) $aOutput = stringsplit($sOutput , @LF , 2) _ArrayDisplay($aOutput)  
      That could be the solution of the problem if I could run, directly this PowerShell command window and Write to it and save it's values.
    • By DrLarch
      I'm trying to run this powershell command from Autoit and can't figure out how to pull it off:
      Get-ProvisionedAppxPackage -Online | Where-Object { $_.PackageName -match "xbox" } | ForEach-Object { Remove-ProvisionedAppxPackage -Online -AllUsers -PackageName $_.PackageName } I've been trying to run it many different ways including:
      $sCMD = 'Get-ProvisionedAppxPackage -Online | Where-Object { $_.PackageName -match "xbox" } | ForEach-Object { Remove-ProvisionedAppxPackage -Online -AllUsers -PackageName $_.PackageName }' RunWait(@comspec & ' /c powershell.exe -nologo -executionpolicy bypass -noprofile -Command "&' & $sCMD & '"') The problem is that it seems I'm missing something in how to escape or double the quotes. I've tried doubling the quotes in many different ways, but the end result always produces a syntax error in powershell. I could just run powershell first, then paste and run the command, then close the powershell window, but that's clunky. I'm trying to do it either via parameter (as above) or in one line like this:
      RunWait(@comspec & ' /c powershell.exe -nologo -executionpolicy bypass -noprofile -Command "&Get-ProvisionedAppxPackage -Online | Where-Object { $_.PackageName -match "xbox" } | ForEach-Object { Remove-ProvisionedAppxPackage -Online -AllUsers -PackageName $_.PackageName }"')