UDF JsonVar - convert a variable (also all array types) to json or back while preserv variable type

Hi all, I wasnt active in this Forum forum for Years.¬†ūüėÖ

Since I need something with Json in AutoIt i write a little UDF to save a variable to file to read it with another language - and back. After a while until my other script grows i thought - lets integrate all variables wich is possible, because i want have arrays to.

This is my first public UDF in Autoit - normaly my AutoIt scripts are quick an dirty.... - like the examples for this udf. - someone want to write nice examples?

I tried to write this UDF properly, cared for processing speed, low mem consumption as possible, a short code, and a high usability without beeing very familiar with arrays.

What is it for? - convert nearly all types of variables to a json string for saving it in a file or to an ini. Read it back in to a same formated variable and preserv variable types. All array types are supported with nested arrays, the only restriction is ram and array/stringsize - and time if the array is very big. You can use Filters for variable types and some other options.

If anyone found a bug or any suggestions, please post it.

get Json.au3 from here Json.au3

JsonVar 2019.01.25.1.zip

Edited by D2thunder

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Ward
      Introduction
      JSON (Javascript Object Notation) is a popular data-interchange format and supported by a lot of script languages. On AutoIt, there is already a >JSON UDF written by Gabriel Boehme. It is good but too slow, and not supports unicode and control characters very well. So I write a new one (and of course, fast one as usual).

I use a machine code version of JSON parser called "jsmn". jsmn not only supports standard JSON, but also accepts some non-strict JSON string. See below for example.

Important Update!!
      I rename the library from jsmn.au3 to json.au3. All function names are changed, too.

Decoding Function
      Json_Decode($Json) $Json can be a standard or non-standard JSON string. For example, it accepts:
      { server: example.com port: 80 message: "this looks like a config file" } The most JSON data type will be decoded into corresponding AutoIt variable, including 1D array, string, number, true, false, and null. JSON object will be decoded into "Windows Scripting Dictionary Object" retuned from ObjCreate("Scripting.Dictionary"). AutoIt build-in functions like IsArray, IsBool, etc. can be used to check the returned data type. But for Object and Null, Json_IsObject() and Json_IsNull() should be used.

If the input JSON string is invalid, @Error will be set to $JSMN_ERROR_INVAL. And if the input JSON string is not finish (maybe read from stream?), @Error will be set to $JSMN_ERROR_PART.

Encoding Function
      Json_Encode($Data, $Option = 0, $Indent = "\t", $ArraySep = ",\r\n", $ObjectSep = ",\r\n", $ColonSep = ": ") $Data can be a string, number, bool, keyword(default or null), 1D arrry, or "Scripting.Dictionary" COM object. Ptr will be converted to number, Binary will be converted to string in UTF8 encoding. Other unsupported types like 2D array, dllstruct or object will be encoded into null.

$Option is bitmask consisting following constant:
      $JSON_UNESCAPED_ASCII ; Don't escape ascii charcters between chr(1) ~ chr(0x1f) $JSON_UNESCAPED_UNICODE ; Encode multibyte Unicode characters literally $JSON_UNESCAPED_SLASHES ; Don't escape / $JSON_HEX_TAG ; All < and > are converted to \u003C and \u003E $JSON_HEX_AMP ; All &amp;amp;amp;amp;s are converted to \u0026 $JSON_HEX_APOS ; All ' are converted to \u0027 $JSON_HEX_QUOT ; All " are converted to \u0022 $JSON_PRETTY_PRINT ; Use whitespace in returned data to format it $JSON_STRICT_PRINT ; Make sure returned JSON string is RFC4627 compliant $JSON_UNQUOTED_STRING ; Output unquoted string if possible (conflicting with $JSMN_STRICT_PRINT) Most encoding option have the same means like PHP's json_enocde() function. When $JSON_PRETTY_PRINT is set, output format can be change by other 4 parameters ($Indent, $ArraySep, $ObjectSep, and $ColonSep). Because these 4 output format parameters will be checked inside Jsmn_Encode() function, returned string will be always accepted by Jsmn_Decode(). $JSON_UNQUOTED_STRING can be used to output unquoted string that also accetped by Jsmn_Decode().

$JSON_STRICT_PRINT is used to check output format setting and avoid non-standard JSON output. So this option is conflicting with $JSON_UNQUOTED_STRING.

Get and Put Functions
      Json_Put(ByRef $Var, $Notation, $Data, $CheckExists = False) Json_Get(ByRef $Var, $Notation) These functions helps user to access object or array more easily. Both dot notation and square bracket notation can be supported. Json_Put() by default will create non-exists objects and arrays. For example:
      Local $Obj Json_Put($Obj, ".foo", "foo") Json_Put($Obj, ".bar[0]", "bar") Json_Put($Obj, ".test[1].foo.bar[2].foo.bar", "Test") Local $Test = Json_Get($Obj, '["test"][1]["foo"]["bar"][2]["foo"]["bar"]') ; "Test" Object Help Functions
      Json_ObjCreate() Json_ObjPut(ByRef $Object, $Key, $Value) Json_ObjGet(ByRef $Object, $Key) Json_ObjDelete(ByRef $Object, $Key) Json_ObjExists(ByRef $Object, $Key) Json_ObjGetCount(ByRef $Object) Json_ObjGetKeys(ByRef $Object) Json_ObjClear(ByRef $Object) These functions are just warps of "Scripting.Dictionary" COM object. You can use these functions if you are not already familiar with it.

== Update 2013/05/19 ==

* Add Jsmn_Encode() option "$JSMN_UNESCAPED_ASCII". Now the default output of Json_Encode() is exactly the same as PHP's json_encode() function (for example, chr(1) will be encoded into u0001).
      $JSON_UNESCAPED_ASCII ; Don't escape ascii charcters between chr(1) ~ chr(0x1f)  
      == Update 2015/01/08 ==
      * Rename the library from jsmn.au3 to json.au3. All function names are changed, too.
      * Add Json_Put() and Json_Get()
      * Add Null support
      * Using BinaryCall.au3 to loading the machine code.

== Update 2018/01/13==   (Jos)
      * Add JsonDump() to list all Json Keys and their values to easily figure out what they are.
      == Update 2018/10/01==  (Jos)
      * Fixed JsonDump() some fields and values were not showing as discussed here  - tnx @TheXman .
      == Update 2018/10/01b==   (Jos)
      * Added Json_ObjGetItems, Tidied source and fixed au3check warnings - tnx @TheXman .
      == Update 2018/10/28==   (Jos)
      * Added declaration for $value to avoid au3check warning - tnx @DerPensionist
      == Update 2018/12/16==   (Jos)
      * Added another declaration for $value to avoid au3check warning  and updated the version at the top - tnx @maniootek
      == Update 2018/12/29==   (Jos)
      * Changed Json_ObjGet() and Json_ObjExists() to allow for multilevel object in string.
      == Update 2019/01/17==   (Jos)
      * Added support for DOT notation in JSON functions.
      == Update 2019/07/15==   (Jos)
      *  Added support for reading keys with a dot inside when using a dot as separator (updated)
      == Update 2021/11/18==   (TheXman)
      * Update details in below post:  
      == Update 2021/11/20==   (TheXman)
      * Minor RegEx update, no change to the functionality or result._Json(2021.11.20).zip

• By EmilyLove
      I have a string containing the full path of an executable and an array of executables without their paths. I am trying to compare the string to the list in the array and if a match is found, remove it from the array. The entry get removed from the array successfully, and after checking its return result, uses it to update the ubound if it succeeded, but it doesn't want to update to the new value. Any ideas what I am doing wrong? It acts like it is read-only.
      #include <Array.au3> #include <File.au3> Local $sApp_Exe = "F:\App\Nextcloud\nextcloud.exe" Local $aWaitForEXEX = [3, "Nextcloud.exe", "nextcloudcmd.exe", "QtWebEngineProcess.exe"] For $h = 1 To $aWaitForEXEX[0] If StringInStr($sApp_Exe, $aWaitForEXEX[$h]) <> 0 Then $iRet = _ArrayDelete($aWaitForEXEX, $h) If $iRet <> -1 Then $aWaitForEXEX[0] = $iRet ;this line doesn't work. $aWaitForEXEX[0] doesn't update and shortly gives Error: Array variable has incorrect number of subscripts or subscript dimension range exceeded.: _ArrayDisplay($aWaitForEXEX) EndIf Next  
    • By vinnyMS
      #Include <Array.au3> #include <Constants.au3> $s = FileRead("2.txt") Local $w = StringRegExp($s, '(?is)(\b\w+\b)(?!.*\b\1\b)', 3) _ArrayColInsert($w, 1) For $i = 0 to UBound($w)-1 StringRegExpReplace($s, '(?i)\b' & $w[$i][0] & '\b', $w[$i][0]) $w[$i][1] = @extended Next _ArraySort($w, 1, 0, 0, 1) _ArrayDisplay($w) i have this script that returns 3 columns  

i need to copy the  Col 0 and Col 1 as text to paste on notepad or excel
      you will have to create a "copy" button if possible
      array.au3 2.txt
    • By DannyJ
      I have a dataset like this, (a strubg)
      Username: User1 Type: Admin RegDate: 1999 Username: User2 Type: User RegDate: 2000 How to make a 2 dimensional array that I can display with _ArrayDisplay?
      This would be a perfect 2D array to represent my data:
      Username           Tpye RegDate User1              Admin 1999 User2              User 2000   If you run this Powershell this powershell command, you can get this dataset that I am talking about:
      Get-LocalUser | Select * With this code you can try it to read into a string:
      #include <GuiConstantsEx.au3> #include <WindowsConstants.au3> #include "GUIListViewEx.au3" #include <Array.au3> ; Just for display in example #RequireAdmin #Region ;**** Directives created by AutoIt3Wrapper_GUI **** #AutoIt3Wrapper_UseX64=y #EndRegion $sCommand = "powershell.exe Get-LocalUser | Select *" Local $iPid = Run($sCommand, @WorkingDir , @SW_SHOW , $STDOUT_CHILD) ProcessWaitClose($iPid) Local $sOutput = StdoutRead($iPID) ConsoleWrite($sOutput) How can I correctly split $sOutput into a 2D array (with the above mentioned layout) that I can display and I work with?
    • By kovlad
      My solution is to write nested arrays without copying.
      The problem was described hier.

Function:
      #include <Array.au3> ; #FUNCTION# ==================================================================================================================== ; Name ..........: _ArrayNestedSet ; Description ...: Assigns a value to an element of a nested 1D array. ; Syntax ........: _ArrayNestedSet(ByRef $aArray, $vIndex, $vValue) ; Parameters ....: $aArray - an array of arrays. ; $vIndex - an index or 1d-array of indexes; ; a size if $vValue not defined (zero to delete). ; $vValue - a value (create, resize or delete if not defined). ; ; Return values .: on success - 1 ; @extended - nesting level of operation ; on failure - 0 ; @extended - nesting level of error ; @error = 1 - invalid array ; @error = 2 - invalid index ; Author ........: ; Modified ......: kovlad ; Remarks .......: ; Related .......: ; Link ..........: https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/185638-assign-a-value-to-an-array-in-array-element/ ; https://www.autoitscript.com/trac/autoit/ticket/3515?replyto=description ; Example .......: Yes ; =============================================================================================================================== Func _ArrayNestedSet(ByRef $aArray, $vIndex, $vValue = Default) Local $extended = @extended + 1 If IsArray($vIndex) Then If UBound($vIndex, 0) <> 1 Then _ Return SetError(2, $extended) If UBound($vIndex) > 1 Then If UBound($aArray, 0) <> 1 Then _ Return SetError(1, $extended) ; keep index for this array Local $i = $vIndex[0] If $i < 0 Or UBound($aArray) <= $i Then _ Return SetError(2, $extended) ; delete index of this array _ArrayDelete($vIndex, 0) ; recursive function call Local $return = _ArrayNestedSet($aArray[$i], $vIndex, $vValue) If @error Then Return SetError(@error, @extended + 1, 0) Else Return SetExtended(@extended + 1, 1) EndIf Else $vIndex = $vIndex[0] EndIf EndIf If $vValue = Default Then If $vIndex < 0 Then _ Return SetError(2, $extended) If $vIndex = 0 Then ; delete array and free memory $aArray = 0 Return SetExtended($extended, 1) EndIf If UBound($aArray, 0) = 1 Then ; resize array keeping data ReDim $aArray[$vIndex] Return SetExtended($extended, 1) Else ; create new nested array Local $aTmp[$vIndex] $aArray = $aTmp Return SetExtended($extended, 1) EndIf Else If UBound($aArray) <= $vIndex Then _ Return SetError(2, $extended + 1) ; set value of array entry $aArray[$vIndex] = $vValue Return SetExtended($extended, 1) EndIf EndFunc  
      Examples:
      ; write value to 1st nested array ConsoleWrite("@@ Debug(" & @ScriptLineNumber & ") : write value to 1st nested array" & @CRLF) Local $aTmp1[4] = [1,2,3,4] _ArrayDisplay($aTmp1, "$aTmp1") Local $aArray[2] = [$aTmp1] ConsoleWrite( _ "_ArrayNestedSet($aArray[0], 3, 14) = " & _ArrayNestedSet($aArray[0], 3, 14) & @CRLF & _ " @error = " & @error & @CRLF & _ " @extended = " & @extended & @CRLF & @CRLF) _ArrayDisplay($aArray[0], "$aArray[0]") ; resize 1st nested array ConsoleWrite("@@ Debug(" & @ScriptLineNumber & ") : resize 1st nested array" & @CRLF) ConsoleWrite( _ "_ArrayNestedSet($aArray[0], 8) = " & _ArrayNestedSet($aArray[0], 8) & @CRLF & _ " @error = " & @error & @CRLF & _ " @extended = " & @extended & @CRLF & @CRLF) _ArrayDisplay($aArray[0], "$aArray[0]") ; write array to 1st nested array ConsoleWrite("@@ Debug(" & @ScriptLineNumber & ") : write array to 1st nested array" & @CRLF) Local $aTmp11[4] = [11,12,13,14] _ArrayDisplay($aTmp11, "$aTmp11") ConsoleWrite( _ "_ArrayNestedSet($aArray[0], 2, $aTmp11) = " & _ArrayNestedSet($aArray[0], 2, $aTmp11) & @CRLF & _ " @error = " & @error & @CRLF & _ " @extended = " & @extended & @CRLF & @CRLF) _ArrayDisplay(($aArray[0])[2], "($aArray[0])[2]") ; write value to 2nd nested array using index array ConsoleWrite("@@ Debug(" & @ScriptLineNumber & ") : write value to 2nd nested array using index array" & @CRLF) Local $aIndex1[2] = [2,3] _ArrayDisplay($aIndex1, "$aIndex1") ConsoleWrite( _ "_ArrayNestedSet($aArray[0], $aIndex1, 140) = " & _ArrayNestedSet($aArray[0], $aIndex1, 140) & @CRLF & _ " @error = " & @error & @CRLF & _ " @extended = " & @extended & @CRLF & @CRLF) _ArrayDisplay(($aArray[0])[2], "($aArray[0])[2]") ; resize 2nd nested array ConsoleWrite("@@ Debug(" & @ScriptLineNumber & ") : resize 2nd nested array" & @CRLF) Local $aIndex1[2] = [2,8] _ArrayDisplay($aIndex1, "$aIndex1") ConsoleWrite( _ "_ArrayNestedSet($aArray[0], $aIndex1) = " & _ArrayNestedSet($aArray[0], $aIndex1) & @CRLF & _ " @error = " & @error & @CRLF & _ " @extended = " & @extended & @CRLF & @CRLF) _ArrayDisplay(($aArray[0])[2], "($aArray[0])[2]") ; create new 3rd nested array ConsoleWrite("@@ Debug(" & @ScriptLineNumber & ") : create new 3rd nested array" & @CRLF) Local $aIndex2[3] = [2,7,6] _ArrayDisplay($aIndex2, "$aIndex2") ConsoleWrite( _ "_ArrayNestedSet($aArray[0], $aIndex2) = " & _ArrayNestedSet($aArray[0], $aIndex2) & @CRLF & _ " @error = " & @error & @CRLF & _ " @extended = " & @extended & @CRLF & @CRLF) _ArrayDisplay((($aArray[0])[2])[7], ")($aArray[0])[2])[7]") ; delete 3rd nested array ConsoleWrite("@@ Debug(" & @ScriptLineNumber & ") : delete 3rd nested array" & @CRLF) Local $aIndex3[3] = [2,7,0] _ArrayDisplay($aIndex3, "$aIndex2") ConsoleWrite( _ "_ArrayNestedSet($aArray[0], $aIndex3) = " & _ArrayNestedSet($aArray[0], $aIndex3) & @CRLF & _ " @error = " & @error & @CRLF & _ " @extended = " & @extended & @CRLF) ConsoleWrite("IsArray((($aArray[0])[2])[7]) = " & IsArray((($aArray[0])[2])[7]) & @CRLF & @CRLF) ; write 0 in 1st nested array to delete the 2nd nested array ConsoleWrite("@@ Debug(" & @ScriptLineNumber & ") : write 0 in 1st nested array to delete the 2nd nested array" & @CRLF) Local $aIndex4[1] = [2] _ArrayDisplay($aIndex4, "$aIndex4") ConsoleWrite( _ "_ArrayNestedSet($aArray[0], $aIndex4, 0) = " & _ArrayNestedSet($aArray[0], $aIndex4, 0) & @CRLF & _ " @error = " & @error & @CRLF & _ " @extended = " & @extended & @CRLF) ConsoleWrite("IsArray(($aArray[0])[2]) = " & IsArray(($aArray[0])[2]) & @CRLF & @CRLF) ; delete 1st nested array (same as '$aArray[0] = 0') ConsoleWrite("@@ Debug(" & @ScriptLineNumber & ") : delete 1st nested array (same as '$aArray[0] = 0')" & @CRLF) Local $aIndex5[1] = [0] _ArrayDisplay($aIndex5, "$aIndex5") ConsoleWrite( _ "_ArrayNestedSet($aArray[0], $aIndex5) = " & _ArrayNestedSet($aArray[0], $aIndex5) & @CRLF & _ " @error = " & @error & @CRLF & _ " @extended = " & @extended & @CRLF) ConsoleWrite("IsArray($aArray[0]) = " & IsArray($aArray[0]) & @CRLF & @CRLF)