Slider Input and XY position of an HTML Element

Maxxx23

Hello @ Danp2 thank you for your great work. I have a problem where after a long search I have not found a solution. Unfortunately my English is not the best and I am still a beginner.
I want to control a slider on a website. I tried folding code.

Code

$Scale = _WD_FindElement($sSession, $_WD_LOCATOR_ByXPath, "//input[@id='scale']")

Sleep(500)

_WD_ElementAction($sSession, $Scale, 'value',  1)

HTML

<input type="range" step="0.01" min="0.01" max="1" name="scale" id="scale" class="scale-track-input" value="0.5038529934795495"><span class="scale-value"><!-- react-text: 2182 -->50<!-- /react-text --><!-- react-text: 2183 -->%<!-- /react-text --></span><div class="scale-track"></div>

The error message

__WD_Post: URL=HTTP://127.0.0.1:9515/session/2cad894bac9039cde17f47b11492b26c/element; $sData={"using":"xpath","value":"//input[@id='scale']"}

__WD_Post: StatusCode=200; ResponseText={"value":{"element-6066-11e4-a52e-4f735466cecf":"a44b58dd-46c2-4ca1-b781-9122b5c9f5f6"}}

_WD_FindElement: {"value":{"element-6066-11e4-a52e-4f735466cecf":"a44b58dd-46c2-4ca1-b781-9122b5c9f5f6"}}

__WD_Post: URL=HTTP://127.0.0.1:9515/session/2cad894bac9039cde17f47b11492b26c/element/a44b58dd-46c2-4ca1-b781-9122b5c9f5f6/value; $sData={"id":"a44b58dd-46c2-4ca1-b781-9122b5c9f5f6", "text":"1"}

__WD_Post: StatusCode=200; ResponseText={"value":null}

_WD_ElementAction: {"value":null}

I also tried to solve the problem with Mouseclick. But there are a lot of sliders so I would like to know which X Y position the input field has. So that I can process the value further.

What code do I use to get the XY position (Pixel) of an HTML element? Unfortunately I have not found anything up to date.

Thank you

17 minutes ago, Maxxx23 said:

The error message

Those aren't error messages. They are just showing you the result for each command and it appears that each one completed successfully.

From what I can tell, your code should work. You may want to try something like --

For $i = .01 to 1 Step .1
    _WD_ElementAction($sSession, $Scale, 'value',  $i)
    Sleep(500)
Next

P.S. Please stick to just one post / thread for each topic

• Developers
29 minutes ago, Danp2 said:

The other post is removed, so refrain from cross posting please!

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

On 1/25/2020 at 9:40 PM, Danp2 said:

Those aren't error messages. They are just showing you the result for each command and it appears that each one completed successfully.

From what I can tell, your code should work. You may want to try something like --

For $i = .01 to 1 Step .1
    _WD_ElementAction($sSession, $Scale, 'value',  $i)
    Sleep(500)
Next

Thanks for your quick reply. Unfortunately, it doesn't work either. It happens exactly the same as with my code snippet.

@Maxxx23 Unsure why _WD_ElementAction isn't working for this. In the mean time, I've found a way to do it when the site uses jQuery. Here's an example --

#include "wd_core.au3"
#include "wd_helper.au3"

Local $sDesiredCapabilities, $sSession, $sElement, $sJsonElement

SetupChrome()
_WD_Startup()
$sSession = _WD_CreateSession($sDesiredCapabilities)

_WD_Navigate($sSession, "https://www.html5tutorial.info/html5-range.php")
$sElement = _WD_FindElement($sSession, $_WD_LOCATOR_ByXPath, "//input[@id='slider1']")
$sJsonElement = '{"' & $_WD_ELEMENT_ID & '":"' & $sElement & '"}'

For $i = 100 to 500 Step 10
    _WD_ExecuteScript($sSession, "$(arguments[0]).val("&$i&").change()", $sJsonElement);
    Sleep(500)
Next

Func SetupChrome()
_WD_Option('Driver', 'chromedriver.exe')
_WD_Option('Port', 9515)
_WD_Option('DriverParams', '--verbose --log-path="' & @ScriptDir & '\chrome.log"')

$sDesiredCapabilities = '{"capabilities": {"alwaysMatch": {"goog:chromeOptions": {"w3c": true, "args":["--user-data-dir=C:\\Users\\' & @UserName & '\\AppData\\Local\\Google\\Chrome\\User Data\\", "--profile-directory=Default"]}}}}'
EndFunc

Func SetupGecko()
_WD_Option('Driver', 'geckodriver.exe')
_WD_Option('DriverParams', '--log trace')
_WD_Option('Port', 4444)

$sDesiredCapabilities = '{"capabilities": {"alwaysMatch": {"browserName": "firefox", "acceptInsecureCerts":true}}}'
EndFunc

I found this -- https://github.com/web-platform-tests/wpt/issues/20734. Also this is the functionality being implemented in that portion of _WD_ElementAction -- https://www.w3.org/TR/webdriver/#element-send-keys

So, it makes sense in hindsight that this doesn't work with input elements where you don't set their value by sending keystrokes. Looks like we'll need to use _WD_ExecuteScript to handle this for now.

FYI, you should be able to do this without jQuery, ie --

_WD_ExecuteScript($sSession, "arguments[0].value="&$i&";", $sJsonElement)