Au3toCmd -- Avoid false virus positives. (Version: 2022.09.01)

Exit

Hi all members when i run the au3tocmd program everything works fine but I have a question: if you select an exe file with icon you can somehow get the icon from the exe file that was previously selected and then when you will create shortcut so the exe file icon appears in the cmd shortcut?

I just uploaded a new version that takes @Borje's request into account.
If there is an associated * .ico file or an icon in the * .exe source file, this icon is used in the link.
Furthermore, a ZIP file can now also be created in Windows 7, provided that at least Powershell 5.0 was additionally installed.

@Borje: Can you please test the new features 😀

App: Au3toCmd              UDF: _SingleScript()                             

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Sorry for the rookie confusion here, but here goes...

In my current test project using Java Selenium, when I run it locally from Eclipse, I start the browser by providing my application URL, and then run auth.exe in order to respond to a Windows NTLM login prompt.  Everything works fine so far, but based on what I am reading and hearing, it sounds like I can anticipate running into this "false positive" antivirus issue when I go to operationalize my test with Github, Bamboo/Azure, and Saucelabs.

I copied the script text from these posts into my Au3toCmd.au3 file.  I now have the following files in my project folder and I just now installed Autoit3 to my computer.  Where do I navigate to, and which command(s) do I issue to, generate the .cmd file?  And then in my test, what file do I run in place of the current auth.exe to respond the Windows login?

Thanks very much.  This script From Exit looks like a winner !

Directory of C:\Users\my-user-info\git\my-test-folder\src\main\resources\autoit

06/15/2020  03:02 PM    <DIR>          .
06/15/2020  03:02 PM    <DIR>          ..
06/15/2020  03:05 PM             7,519    Au3toCmd.au3
02/21/2020  03:04 PM               190     auth.au3
02/21/2020  03:04 PM           866,304 auth.exe
02/21/2020  03:04 PM                48      setvalue.au3
02/21/2020  03:04 PM           865,792 setvalue.exe
               5 File(s)      1,739,853 bytes
               2 Dir(s)  19,080,040,448 bytes free

• 3 weeks later...

Windows PowerShell
Copyright (C) 2016 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

PS C:\Users\Börje> Powershell Compress-Archive -?

NAME
    Compress-Archive

SYNTAX
    Compress-Archive [-Path] <string[]> [-DestinationPath] <string> [-CompressionLevel {Optimal | NoCompression | Faste
    st}] [-WhatIf] [-Confirm]  [<CommonParameters>]

Compress-Archive [-Path] <string[]> [-DestinationPath] <string> -Update [-CompressionLevel {Optimal | NoCompression
     | Fastest}] [-WhatIf] [-Confirm]  [<CommonParameters>]

Compress-Archive [-Path] <string[]> [-DestinationPath] <string> -Force [-CompressionLevel {Optimal | NoCompression
    | Fastest}] [-WhatIf] [-Confirm]  [<CommonParameters>]

Compress-Archive [-DestinationPath] <string> -LiteralPath <string[]> -Update [-CompressionLevel {Optimal | NoCompre
    ssion | Fastest}] [-WhatIf] [-Confirm]  [<CommonParameters>]

Compress-Archive [-DestinationPath] <string> -LiteralPath <string[]> -Force [-CompressionLevel {Optimal | NoCompres
    sion | Fastest}] [-WhatIf] [-Confirm]  [<CommonParameters>]

Compress-Archive [-DestinationPath] <string> -LiteralPath <string[]> [-CompressionLevel {Optimal | NoCompression |
    Fastest}] [-WhatIf] [-Confirm]  [<CommonParameters>]

ALIASES
    None

REMARKS
    Get-Help cannot find the Help files for this cmdlet on this computer. It is displaying only partial help.
        -- To download and install Help files for the module that includes this cmdlet, use Update-Help.
        -- To view the Help topic for this cmdlet online, type: "Get-Help Compress-Archive -Online" or
           go to http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=393252.

It is usually a bad idea to use the filesystem outside of your own user directory.
In your case, Powershell was installed correctly, but had no authorization to write to "undetect".
The error message is therefore misleading.
Let's see what I can do there.

App: Au3toCmd              UDF: _SingleScript()                             

• Exit changed the title to Au3toCmd -- Avoid false virus positives. (Version: 2022.09.01)