ImageSearch on Locked PC

Hey there,

i need your help guys. I am working in the QA department of my company. A little part of or software produces hints (like little popups) which needs to be tested every release. I wrote scripts to trigger those hints and i also implemented the imagesearch.dll to find those hints on the screen. My goal now is it to let the machine work over night, so when i come back to work i only get a report which says 130/140 hints were found successfully. This already works, aslong as my pc is not locked, but i want/need to lock my pc because of security concerns.

My general question. Is it possible to run my scripts on my locked PC and still find an image that i provide which will open sooner or later in the background?

Thanks in advance

:welcome: There were no need to resurrect this old thread, you should have started a new one.  But since you are there, and asking. No you can not use imagesearch.dll on a locked workstation, as you already read in this thread.  However, there is a number of actions you could use to ensure that the PC is secure during your tests.  The easiest is to lock it at the end of the script with _WinAPI_LockWorkStation ( ).  You could also check that the [ACTIVE] window is always the right one (so no one has hacked your PC).  In case of lost focus, you could shut down the PC.  In any case, if you need further assistance, please, simply create a new thread.  

Thank you for the quick response. Yeah i read that it was not possible to check for images on a locked screen, but since that thread was 2 years old i had hoped that it would be somehow possible by now. then i need to work on a workaround. Have a nice weekend

several questions:

1. Is it possible for your IT group to give you access to a remote PC so you can do your testing? THey have have it in a secure location so that the screen lock can be disabled. 

2. If question 1 is a no, is it possible to break up your QA test script into several smaller test so you don't have to do one long test run?

well the remote pc is in a secure location. but my active session from my office is accessable.

i think i ask the developers to code in an callback, which describes the hint in code, so i can verify it in that way.

I could break up the test into smaller parts, but my goal is to let the testing happen over night, when i am not around

Edited by Schuster