Delayed start of compiled program

Hello,

I am using AutoIt to write small program for my daily doings and also to provide some GUI for others.

Recently I notied that some of the programs are starting with a delay - this might be due to the anti virus software on my business computer (Windows 10 / McAffee).

I built a small "trap", a script with just a message box and once i used launched it I wait for the process to exists and the message box.

The delay is about 23 seconds which is not really acceptable. Does anybody have a clue how to detect by what this is caused (it would be helpful, as I have to argue with our IT about that).

Thanks

This sounds right... I have Avast installed at home and when I launch a program it will start in a sandboxed environment before actually running the program. McAffee could be doing something similar to ensure the program doesn't touch anything it shouldn't.

You could try compiling the program to an a3x and running it with the AutoIt executable. I've had great results with this personally. Sometimes compiling to 32 bit instead of 64 bit will let your program to get by.

Edited by seadoggie01

All my code provided is Public Domain... but it may not work. ;) Use it, change it, break it, whatever you want.

Spoiler

My Humble Contributions:
Personal Function Documentation - A personal HelpFile for your functions
Acro.au3 UDF - Automating Acrobat Pro
ToDo Finder - Find #ToDo: lines in your scripts
UI-SimpleWrappers UDF - Use UI Automation more Simply-er
KeePass UDF - Automate KeePass, a password manager
InputBoxes - Simple Input boxes for various variable types