GUIlist.au3 error

Bert

I'm getting a error on line 198. this is the error:

C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\Include\GUIList.au3 (198) : ==> Unknown function name.:

If IsHWnd($h_listbox) Then

If ^ ERROR

I believe Frost wrote this. I have installed the latest beta. Do I need another addin to run with it?

• Moderators

Did you complie it using the 'latest beta'? Because the include path is the the standard 3.1.1 Include folder.

Try either copying the GUIList.au3 to the standard Include file / Compiling with Beta / or use the full path for the include ie... : #include 'C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\beta\Include\GUIList.au3'

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

I just downloaded the latest beta and installed it again, just to make sure. still getting the same error. I understand what the thing does, and I did a file search on my pc for references to it. Not quite sure what is happening here.

Other than reinstalling the beta again, how can I make sure my version of Autoit is working the way it is supposed to?

• Developers

I just figured it out. I needed to run Switch definitions to have the beta running.

It is sooooooooooooo much easier when you install SciTE..

Without having to swap between Prod and Beta you just:

F1=Help Production

F5=Run Production (Will run AU3Check and AutoIt3)

Ctrl+F5=Au3Check Production

F7=Compile Production (Will run AU3Check and Aut2Exe)

Alt+F1=Help Beta

Alt+F5=Run Beta (Will run AU3Check and AutoIt3)

Alt+Ctrl+F5=Au3Check Beta

Alt+F7=Compile Beta (Will run AU3Check and Aut2Exe)

:lmao:

Edited by JdeB

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

• Moderators

It is sooooooooooooo much easier when you install SciTE..

Without having to swap between Prod and Beta you just:

F1=Help Production

F5=Run Production (Will run AU3Check and AutoIt3)

Ctrl+F5=Au3Check Production

F7=Compile Production (Will run AU3Check and Aut2Exe)

Alt+F1=Help Beta

Alt+F5=Run Beta (Will run AU3Check and AutoIt3)

Alt+Ctrl+F5=Au3Check Beta

Alt+F7=Compile Beta (Will run AU3Check and Aut2Exe)

;)

I 2nd that... I mean to use an Editor that a Mod/Developer keeps up to date with everything like Jdeb does has a ton of rewards!! (One being that you don't have to post so many concern questions :lmao: ) Glad you got it working and you understand.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

• 4 years later...

I just figured it out. I needed to run Switch definitions to have the beta running.

how did you run the switch defination ...cos this same error is killing me..or is there link where one can just download the guilist file and then copy to lib.. pls respond urgent help

how did you run the switch defination ...cos this same error is killing me..or is there link where one can just download the guilist file and then copy to lib.. pls respond urgent help

Run Switch-Definitions from the startmenu if you really want to do it, but why? It's much better and/or easier to just install SciTE4AutoIt3 and use that (as Jos said).

Run Switch-Definitions from the startmenu if you really want to do it, but why? It's much better and/or easier to just install SciTE4AutoIt3 and use that (as Jos said).

and link to this SciTE4AutoIt3 to download..and thnks for the quick response